M109 Rider Forums banner

Can you hear your horn?

5K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  Bosox 
#1 ·
I was riding the other day and simply felt like honking my horn. I didn't hear it! Tried again and again then finally I think I heard it. I let off the gas just a little and could hear it for sure. That worried me just a little, if I can't hear it, can anyone else?

Just for kicks and giggles see if you can hear your horn @ 90 mph. My RPMs were at 4000 With a full face helmet on.

#2 ·
I was riding the other day and simply felt like honking my horn. I didn't hear it! Tried again and again then finally I think I heard it. I let off the gas just a little and could hear it for sure. That worried me just a little, if I can't hear it, can anyone else?

Just for kicks and giggles see if you can hear your horn @ 90 mph. My RPMs were at 4000 With a full face helmet on.
Install the the airhorn you will love it and is soo easy

#3 · (Edited)
In eight years owning this bike, I've not hit the horn button one time. Do not know what it sounds like. Don't care.
Owned my last bike, a 1981 Honda CBX 16 years, never used the horn once in over 60,000 miles riding it. Took the horns off about a year after I bought the bike, never replaced them.
Owned a 1972 Suzuki GT 750J concurrently with the CBX, also removed the horns soon after purchase. Like the CBX, they were exposed, visible and FUGLY. Went into the round open top file.

#10 ·
you can install Stebel in headlight bucket or under right side cover (right side cover is closer to battery)
I bought a plug n play harness from rynosback, made install so simple and kept the stock horn in loop as well so you blast both horns
(and if one fails you still have the other)

check rynoback's signature also, it has lots of great ideas for cheap to free modifications

#11 ·

I cannot hear my horn. I wear a full face with ear plugs. I had a guy in a full size four door 4x4 start to merge into my lane at 75 and I honked then laid into the throttle. He couldn't hear my horn either, because he didn't stop his merge until he saw me bolt ahead of him. Moral of the story: Try not to ride in their blind spot. Sometimes ya can't help it and that's when the throttle speaks volumes.

#12 ·
The air horns are a step up from stock, but they are still not loud enough. I can barely hear my Stebel at freeway speed and it's mounted just above my left ankle. I want my bike to sound like a big rig when I push that button.

#16 · (Edited)
I'd go with the stebel...love it.

...unless someone has a mount and harness for Trod's idea

#19 ·
At 139dbl's yes, you can hear my horn and so can others!! 8)

#23 ·
I had my Wolo mounted on the right side until I got an air ride and couldn't hear it at speeds above 60 moved it to the front behind the headlight and can hear it just fine at speeds above 80 although I agree with a previous comment about not riding in the blind spot of others. Too many people distracted with loud music or Bluetooth headsets or texting to notice us even with loud pipes.

#29 ·
I installed a Stebel airhorn on my bike yesterday. I split the compressor from the horn and installed the compressor under my side cover and install the horn on the front of my bike connected with a hose. Works perfectly! You'll love it.

#30 ·
Installed my stebel horn yesterday as well. Put it in the headlight bucket. It's super loud.

#33 ·
I'm gonna try this, train horn

I need to outdo Tbag with the silly trumpet horns on a 9 LOL

Kleinn Pro Blaster Train Air Horn Kits

We make it easy
Have a Question? Ask a product expert! (800) 874-8888 Live Chat

• Kleinn Pro Blaster Train Air Horn Kits
  • Universal design fits most rides
  • Blow away your competition
  • Bellows out over 150 dB of ear-piercing sound

Product Information

• List Price:
    $625.95 - $1,395.90 /kit
  • Our Price:
    $449.95 - $979.95 /kit

• Shipping:
    Free Shipping
Customer Rating: Not Yet Rated
Buy Now. Pay Later. Subject to credit approval. See Terms.

#34 ·
I need to outdo Tbag with the silly trumpet horns on a 9 LOL

Kleinn Pro Blaster Train Air Horn Kits

We make it easy
Have a Question? Ask a product expert! (800) 874-8888 Live Chat

• Kleinn Pro Blaster Train Air Horn Kits
  • Universal design fits most rides
  • Blow away your competition
  • Bellows out over 150 dB of ear-piercing sound

Product Information

• List Price:
    $625.95 - $1,395.90 /kit
  • Our Price:
    $449.95 - $979.95 /kit

• Shipping:
    Free Shipping
Customer Rating: Not Yet Rated
Buy Now. Pay Later. Subject to credit approval. See Terms.
sweet first mod for your new lawn mower

#39 ·

I have an air horn and even at seven grand with stereo I can hear it!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.