Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in.

Default Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in.

Good day all,

I know that the FI2000 and Power Commander's are good=ish, but Flashing the ECU is best. Has anyone done this to their bike yet?

Here is the link that I found. It only works on '06-'09 models.

As taken from their website

"
    http://www.woolichracing.com/product...x#productTable

This package includes everything you need to start tuning your 2006-2009 Suzuki M109R with our USB Interface.
    Denso USB Interface
    Suzuki Type 2 Harness
    USB Cable
    Bin File Definitions in the Woolich Racing Tuned software

Features available for Suzuki M109R 2006-2009
    IAP Fuel Maps
    TPS Fuel Maps
    Ignition Maps
    Secondary Throttle Plate (STP) Opening Maps
    Adjust RPM Limiters
    Adjust Idle RPM
    Disable Top Speed Limiter
    "

My ears are perked up.....
    Yellow '08 LE, Cobra Swept pipes, FI2000 @ 2-3-2, Holly Intakes with hot air intakes blocked off, 160/280 Metzlers, Custom Rims, Dynabeads, Bought new in 2012

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

The diff between ECU flashing and one of the controllers will be barely noticeable. And, you'll spend a fortune on dyno time.

Just get the Power Pro and a TRE and call it a day.

Sure it is a good idea, but actually the worst idea. Do you know if they have a correct fuel map for you setup? Know way for them to know what you bike needs in the way of true tune. Yes, it might be a safe tune, but not a true tune for your mods. That is purely why the aftermarket fuel programmers are way better. Really the only reason to go the ECU route is 1: you are a street/track drag racer and trying to make money by saying it is a stock bike, 2: You live in a state/country that is very strict on A/F ratio's and you are trying to fool them by saying it is factory. If either of those are true for you, then it is a good route to go.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member SouthernFattie's Avatar

My local dealership does it. $250.

Here's more info on it.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187721

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Default Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in.

In theory it's a great idea. I did this on my R1 with FlashTune. It Was about $350 but I almost made it back in doing flashes for fellow R1 forum folks. The reason it worked so good for the R1 is that the bike came so restricted from the factory. I was able to adjust engine breaking, race idle, and the different fuel map variants per cylinder if I wanted to. I could even import PC 5 maps for the fuel map part and still tune everything else with an auto tune attached for to smooth anything out. The ultimate customization for ecu flashing. I don't know how restrictive the 9's come from the factory or how much of a difference a flash even makes. Unless there are a ton of restrictions that need to be removed out of the factory tune, id go with the FI2000pro or PCV w auto tune. Changing the fuel map in accordance with your mods should be good enough, probably not a need to mess with this ECU. Just wanted to throw my .02 in on my experience flashing R1s. Being a cruiser, I'm not sure I would buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    Sure it is a good idea, but actually the worst idea. Do you know if they have a correct fuel map for you setup? Know way for them to know what you bike needs in the way of true tune. Yes, it might be a safe tune, but not a true tune for your mods. That is purely why the aftermarket fuel programmers are way better. Really the only reason to go the ECU route is 1: you are a street/track drag racer and trying to make money by saying it is a stock bike, 2: You live in a state/country that is very strict on A/F ratio's and you are trying to fool them by saying it is factory. If either of those are true for you, then it is a good route to go.
    I do not have either of those situations, 1 nor 2.

And you mis-understand the tune. It is adjustable with the USB connection. No need for them to send a map, which they do anyways. Take her to the dyno once per mod and poof. custom clean safe map. Also, you can take off the restrictions. Whichever one's they may be.

The $330 covers the USB cable, interface and definitions. The world is yours after that.

I have a FI2000 3 pod. And others have the PCV. All have been known to crap out and have issues. Looking for a clean, safe way to get around these issues.

You would save on the TRE and install, the FI 2000 and or PCV unit and install, maintenance etc etc etc. Best of all, it is totally programmable, at your discretion.

Thoughts?
    Yellow '08 LE, Cobra Swept pipes, FI2000 @ 2-3-2, Holly Intakes with hot air intakes blocked off, 160/280 Metzlers, Custom Rims, Dynabeads, Bought new in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman7 View Post
    Here's more info on it.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187721

Not so much.

I am looking for people who have it, have used it, and what they think about it. Those posts years old, and are of people who are thinking about it. Talking about it. No one who has bought it, and has done it.

But now that I read through it, they did make a good point. Someone has it, and can rent it out. That makes good sense !!!!

Anyone bought it? Anyone have it and want to rent it out? reviews on it vs my FI2000 3-pod ??

Mitchellc

You can always bump the post or post up your question in that thread or PM one of the guys who said they were going to buy it.

Very Active Member CanadianM109R's Avatar

Default M109 ECU flash

FYI, we know someone with alot of experience flashing ecu's here in toronto on sport bikes, with great success. Currently, he's shipping ECU's across North America for sportbike customers. He's very interested in flashing M109's and Bob (M109RTOGO) is going to be the test case along with a few other 9 riders here. This should be happening in the upcoming months and there is a great degree of confidence that it will be successful. There will be further info posted on riders when it's ready.

ECU flashing will eliminate the need for a fuel controller. It is proven safe on sport bikes to date, and it has been said that from all indications, the 9 motor should respond really well to this. It won't squeeze every last horsepower from your specific setup without dyno time since it has to be safe, but what it will do is provide a very significant gain in horsepower over stock.

There will be dyno runs before and after ECU flash to prove this out before it is ready for general release to the 9 population. Cost is not fixed at this point, but lets just say that I thought the cost estimates had a significant advantage vs. fuel controllers or other ecu flashing sources mentioned in this thread.

I've already thrown my hat into the ring to be his test Concours 14 when he is ready.

Just throwing it out there to let people know this is on the horizon.
    Last edited by CanadianM109R; 05-16-2014 at 04:43 AM.

Grey 08 gone to heaven/ 2010 Connie- my new ride!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianM109R View Post
    FYI, we know someone with alot of experience flashing ecu's here in toronto on sport bikes, with great success. Currently, he's shipping ECU's across North America for sportbike customers. He's very interested in flashing M109's and Bob (M109RTOGO) is going to be the test case along with a few other 9 riders here. This should be happening in the upcoming months and there is a great degree of confidence that it will be successful. There will be further info posted on riders when it's ready.

ECU flashing will eliminate the need for a fuel controller. It is proven safe on sport bikes to date, and it has been said that from all indications, the 9 motor should respond really well to this. It won't squeeze every last horsepower from your specific setup without dyno time since it has to be safe, but what it will do is provide a very significant gain in horsepower over stock.

There will be dyno runs before and after ECU flash to prove this out before it is ready for general release to the 9 population. Cost is not fixed at this point, but lets just say that I thought the cost estimates had a significant advantage vs. fuel controllers or other ecu flashing sources mentioned in this thread.

I've already thrown my hat into the ring to be his test Concours 14 when he is ready.

Just throwing it out there to let people know this is on the horizon.
    I agree with you 100% But to be clear. You do not believe that this Woolich Racing Ecu tuner is the way to go then. They have the tools and definitions accessible with a USB, both hardware and software. You can bring it with you to the dyno shop. That would have been my plan.

One of us buys it. And rents it out top everyone else.

Very Active Member geofftl1000r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchellc View Post
    I agree with you 100% But to be clear. You do not believe that this Woolich Racing Ecu tuner is the way to go then. They have the tools and definitions accessible with a USB, both hardware and software. You can bring it with you to the dyno shop. That would have been my plan.

One of us buys it. And rents it out top everyone else.
    There are restrictions built into the ecu that PP and PC can't get around.
    I thought od doing what you want to do for the UK Forum but when you get the Woolwich kit the licence is for only 3 ecu'a. You'd have to buy a new licence if5 you want to help everyone out. No idea how much that would be. You could drop Justin an email. With5 the cost of the xtre and the risk of it going faulty I was just going to offer the forum the option to get the xtre mod ans maybe the STV mod for a small fee to get the cash back for the unit.
    I know of one M1800R that has hit 170mph with the restrictions removed. Also you can set the neutral rpm limiter to your favourite launch rpm. Then just sit on the line with the throttle wide open!

Quote Originally Posted by geofftl1000r View Post
    There are restrictions built into the ecu that PP and PC can't get around.
    I thought od doing what you want to do for the UK Forum but when you get the Woolwich kit the licence is for only 3 ecu'a. You'd have to buy a new licence if5 you want to help everyone out. No idea how much that would be. You could drop Justin an email. With5 the cost of the xtre and the risk of it going faulty I was just going to offer the forum the option to get the xtre mod ans maybe the STV mod for a small fee to get the cash back for the unit.
    I know of one M1800R that has hit 170mph with the restrictions removed. Also you can set the neutral rpm limiter to your favourite launch rpm. Then just sit on the line with the throttle wide open!

These are some good points. Reasons for wanting one. Didn't know about the 3 ECU's. Still a great deal nonetheless!!

170 mph, what are you nuts, at a 125 mph I have to fight the wind and my foot angle to keep myself from barefoot air skiing; and I weigh 230 pounds !!!! INSANE

I was looking for this more for reliability, function not to mention cost.

So from what I read, you know someone who bought this kit, and loves it?

Mitchell

A local Dyno tuner here in Sydney uses the Woolich method and swears by it for total ecu programmability, but unfortunately the software definitions from woolich are only available up to 2009 model for the 109. He actually rang the company in front of me when I enquired about my 2010 model, the response was they are busy developing software for a Yamaha at the moment and maybe when that's finished they will look at the later model 109 stuff. I got the feeling it was a don't hold your breath response!

I have the definition file and bin file for the 2012+ ecu's. The trouble I am having is getting hold of a spare ecu for testing purposes. My 18 is my daily driver so can't risk screwing it up testing and then have to get the train to work!
    Another good thing with the ecu is it can hold 2 sets of maps so you could have economy and power maps! Not that anyone would want a map for NOS......

I own and will start working with the woolich system sometime this week. I started working on getting the 9's ECU hacked 2 years ago. I was able to get the .bin file, but once I got that far I wasn't able to go anywhere. I'm not a programmer that's when I contracted Justin Woolich.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    I own and will start working with the woolich system sometime this week. I started working on getting the 9's ECU hacked 2 years ago. I was able to get the .bin file, but once I got that far I wasn't able to go anywhere. I'm not a programmer that's when I contracted Justin Woolich.
    Keep us updated on ur progress there's a few of us down under waiting

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Will do!

Cool Flash (Romans)

http://www.woolichracing.com/forums/...5&p=4944#p4944

Check out this link for more info on the ECU flash. My brother is the guy with the know on this subject. He's flashed many zx14 with great results. We just did my 109 and I have to say I'm happy with the results. We will keep playing as there is more to gain. We started out "safe" on the timing gains. Guys with their secondary throttle plates will gain more then I as I removed my plates. Bike pulls hard in all gears and I'm looking for for a 109 to prove it on
    Markham Ontario Canada 2007 LE, PC111, GIpro blue, RC Pacific rims,10"/3.5" 300 Metz,Lowered 2.25,Chrome Derby Cover, debeavered,Raw Design LED signals,HID, EVO shift Kit,Chrome Dipstick with oil temp gauge, chrome master cover, Thunder Tornado Air & Raw Performance Shorty, Corbin seats, Chrome Chin Spoiler,Irate grill,Chrome Galfers,Stainless brake lines.....

We need to talk! I haven't had time to get my kit installed yet for flashing on the bike. You be willing to share your map?
    Last edited by Scorp; 06-01-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Very Active Member CanadianM109R's Avatar

^this is the testing i was referring to earlier in the thread. Glad to hear its working great, bob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey 08 gone to heaven/ 2010 Connie- my new ride!

Quote Originally Posted by TRod View Post
    The diff between ECU flashing and one of the controllers will be barely noticeable. And, you'll spend a fortune on dyno time.

Just get the Power Pro and a TRE and call it a day.

the Woolich ECU hack will let you access ignition/timing, which the fi2000 and PC5 don't do.

There are several other things in the ECU that could be helpful in dyno tuning it, but yes you are going to pay quite a bit to get the tune done correctly.

I wish Woolich did my year :(

2011 M109R - no longer stock and no longer running

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    A local Dyno tuner here in Sydney uses the Woolich method and swears by it for total ecu programmability, but unfortunately the software definitions from woolich are only available up to 2009 model for the 109. He actually rang the company in front of me when I enquired about my 2010 model, the response was they are busy developing software for a Yamaha at the moment and maybe when that's finished they will look at the later model 109 stuff. I got the feeling it was a don't hold your breath response!

I talked to them a couple of months ago and they told me that they will be doing the later 109s but that it is going to take a while. They did say they thought it would be done this year though.

I'm impatient though.

The only people I have found that have hacked the later M109R ECU is ECUnleashed. http://www.ecunleashed.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9r View Post
    I talked to them a couple of months ago and they told me that they will be doing the later 109s but that it is going to take a while. They did say they thought it would be done this year though.

I'm impatient though.

The only people I have found that have hacked the later M109R ECU is ECUnleashed. http://www.ecunleashed.com
    Ecu unleashed is a generic flash u post ur ecu to them. Doesn't compare with the adjustments that can be made with the Woolrich program

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Can I ask why the woolrich system wouldnt work on later 9s....whats the difference in the early 9 compared to the later 9s ....serious question :)

Sent from the bowels of awesomness

Enter the beast for it has taken thee to its den and shared its power !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carnivor View Post
    Can I ask why the woolrich system wouldnt work on later 9s....whats the difference in the early 9 compared to the later 9s ....serious question :)

Sent from the bowels of awesomness

my understanding is Suzuki changed the ECU files in the 2010 and up bikes. This requires an entire rewrite of the Woolich system.

I don't know what those changes were though... honestly I am not sure that anyone does at this point? It may have something to do with the clutch or 2nd gear issue. I have also heard that one of the cams in the 2010 and up are different than the older models but I haven't seen proof on that.

As far as ECUnleashed goes I only know some sports bike guys that used them, and they had to send their ECU to them to have it unlocked. Supposedly that system has changed in the last year or so, and now they have dealers around the country that can do the unlock. I am waiting on Woolich because the tuners I work with prefer them and know their system very well.

Thanks for the explanation forty9r :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Enter the beast for it has taken thee to its den and shared its power !!!!!

So i did a little hacking tonight on the ECU. Just removing all but one of the restrictions, and took the bike out for a spin. I came back with a big grin. You know the one you had the first time you really got on to it and shifted from first to second gear. And the bike almost left you sitting in the road. Well that's the smile i had on my face. Different bike all together. The one thing i was surprised about was the timing. I read once that every gear has it's own timing map, Well that is false! There are maps for each cylinder, neutral, 1-3rd, and 4th-5th. There is a huge difference in the maps between the 1st group and the 2nd group. The 1st-3rd timing maps (cyl 1 and 2) are retarded and part of a torque management restriction but also flows into the second map group. That is the last restriction i'm working on now. But so far i'm loving it. It's a lot harder now to keep the front wheel on the ground

could anyone with a 06-09 M109 provide the ECU danso model # (not the Suzuki part #). I am trying to find out if this kit would work on a 08 C109. I know 08 M and C have different part # for the ECU, but I am hopeful it is the same hardware, but just different software (maps). If so, it should be able to extract and flash my bin.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

2008 C109RT Black-Gray / bought June 2010 with 600km / 61,000km as Sep. 2014
    Clean front end / TRE / Spike intakes / K&N filters / Wideband O2 / Drilled pipes / 266mm Darkside Federal 595 / Tacho / LED signals & relay box / Mustang fender bib / Rear fender in spike shape / 23 cu.ft. trailer / ISO-Grips / Scythe Mirrors / 20+ Skulls. TODO : Horn / Paint / More spike intakes / Better bags / ECU hacking...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    So i did a little hacking tonight on the ECU. Just removing all but one of the restrictions, and took the bike out for a spin. I came back with a big grin. You know the one you had the first time you really got on to it and shifted from first to second gear. And the bike almost left you sitting in the road. Well that's the smile i had on my face. Different bike all together. The one thing i was surprised about was the timing. I read once that every gear has it's own timing map, Well that is false! There are maps for each cylinder, neutral, 1-3rd, and 4th-5th. There is a huge difference in the maps between the 1st group and the 2nd group. The 1st-3rd timing maps (cyl 1 and 2) are retarded and part of a torque management restriction but also flows into the second map group. That is the last restriction i'm working on now. But so far i'm loving it. It's a lot harder now to keep the front wheel on the ground
    Hi Scorp,

I read on the ECU forum that in 4th and 5th the STV valves start to close after just after 5200rpm. They close as much as 80%. No wonder people are having a hard time hitting 170! My PC has taken a dump and won't run the ECUEditor software so can't confirm myself.

Are you using the 2012 files I sent over? Surprised these would work as I didn't think the USA bikes had the O2 sensors? (except Cali)