Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in.

Very Active Member geofftl1000r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrDing.Muscle View Post
    This thread is very interesting and I have always found it very odd that this has not been done before now. When it comes to tuning in the car world this has been done for years. I run a similar setup on my drag Camaro called HPTuners that does exactly what this thread is about. Same thing, changing the maps for timing and fuel and then flashing the tune into the ECU. Max safe power can be achieved with a dyno and a wideband O2 sensor to check for A/F ratio. It would also eliminate the need for a TRE as you should be able to change the behavior of the ECU instead of just fooling the ECU into thinking it is in a different gear.
    This has been around for years. It's just that people concentrate on the GSXR's, Busa's and R1's of this world. Some of the functions they have added to the ECU software for the Busa's is very clever. Gear dependant NOS anyone? Launch control?

We just need someone who can programme to add the sub routines into the 109 ecu.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I'm hoping one comes out for a later model.

I still feel lucky that Scorp took the time to do this. He's local to me, so I rode to his place with Stav, left an hour later hooked up.
    Been riding with it for some time now, and love it.
    I had knocking with the TRE on there, so I took it off ages ago. No knocking or pinging with this ECU flash. Just smooth strong pull in all gears. TRE never felt like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    I still feel lucky that Scorp took the time to do this. He's local to me, so I rode to his place with Stav, left an hour later hooked up.
    Been riding with it for some time now, and love it.
    I had knocking with the TRE on there, so I took it off ages ago. No knocking or pinging with this ECU flash. Just smooth strong pull in all gears. TRE never felt like this.
    ​I'll correct you Colin...not scorp, It was Rick & I that have a proven safe tune.
    Markham Ontario Canada 2007 LE, PC111, GIpro blue, RC Pacific rims,10"/3.5" 300 Metz,Lowered 2.25,Chrome Derby Cover, debeavered,Raw Design LED signals,HID, EVO shift Kit,Chrome Dipstick with oil temp gauge, chrome master cover, Thunder Tornado Air & Raw Performance Shorty, Corbin seats, Chrome Chin Spoiler,Irate grill,Chrome Galfers,Stainless brake lines.....

Oops. Slip of the memory.
    Sorry Rick. :)

Cool

Colin, if your around lets hook up if our tires allow us to
    Markham Ontario Canada 2007 LE, PC111, GIpro blue, RC Pacific rims,10"/3.5" 300 Metz,Lowered 2.25,Chrome Derby Cover, debeavered,Raw Design LED signals,HID, EVO shift Kit,Chrome Dipstick with oil temp gauge, chrome master cover, Thunder Tornado Air & Raw Performance Shorty, Corbin seats, Chrome Chin Spoiler,Irate grill,Chrome Galfers,Stainless brake lines.....

I may be free for a run and a cold brew this Sunday.

Hi Guys, I have my Woolich and have a few questions before I start,1st do I need to remove my cobra auto tuner pro, and 2nd I have the pin pulled for he servo an fi light fix. I am not sure if the ecu. flash will work with my after market exhaust or if there will be an issue there... any help would be great...cheers
    2" risers, TNT racing TRE, Cobra auto pro tuner, HID ,LED signals, 300/160 Metz, K&N, grips, alarm, pairs done, front mounts, custom face & taco, Mirrors, Gel Seats, Lowered 2", Swamp Works 2 piece chrome swing arm, Velocity Pro 2 into 1, Coastal Moto "Cyclone" 10x18 -4.25.x18, Tricky Air Ride, more to come, hydraulic clutch, Woolich flash, more to come

Hi Force,

What are you going to use the Woolich kit to modify? If your just doing the ignition maps, secondary throttle valve then you will still need the power pro to do the fueling.
    If you want to do the fuel maps, how are you going to measure the AFR to get an idea which cells in the maps need to be richer/leaner? Do you have some dyno time booked?
    Personally I would do everything in the ECU, less part to go wrong and the best way to know the job is done correctly. Takes dyno time and some practice.

good luck with the tuning you can get some good results when the ecu is done right.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geofftl1000r View Post
    Hi Force,

What are you going to use the Woolich kit to modify? If your just doing the ignition maps, secondary throttle valve then you will still need the power pro to do the fueling.
    If you want to do the fuel maps, how are you going to measure the AFR to get an idea which cells in the maps need to be richer/leaner? Do you have some dyno time booked?
    Personally I would do everything in the ECU, less part to go wrong and the best way to know the job is done correctly. Takes dyno time and some practice.

good luck with the tuning you can get some good results when the ecu is done right.
    That's what I wanted to know, I will have to travel to get dyno time...but money well spent...cheers
    2" risers, TNT racing TRE, Cobra auto pro tuner, HID ,LED signals, 300/160 Metz, K&N, grips, alarm, pairs done, front mounts, custom face & taco, Mirrors, Gel Seats, Lowered 2", Swamp Works 2 piece chrome swing arm, Velocity Pro 2 into 1, Coastal Moto "Cyclone" 10x18 -4.25.x18, Tricky Air Ride, more to come, hydraulic clutch, Woolich flash, more to come

Count me in! This seems a much better way to tune my ride than simply chucking fuel down it's neck. Now, just need a couple of other Kiwis to join me to spread the cost...
    The first forty years of childhood are the hardest...

This thread hasnt been updated for awhile and I was looking into the ECU flashing forthe 2011+ bikes and came up blank.

Contacted Woolich and they said

"The late model has not really had muchdemand for the ecu fflashing so we have not progressed it. We generally base our development efforts where their is the most demand. If/when we have more peaople contact us about this year range, we will progress it and release products for it"

I for one would really like this option and was wondering if anyone else still had desire for it or am I just taking a leak in the wind with this?

"Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better"

Quote Originally Posted by palv109 View Post
    This thread hasnt been updated for awhile and I was looking into the ECU flashing forthe 2011+ bikes and came up blank.
    Look for this picture (below). It is on this page of Factory Pro (that's all I know), I guess you have to contact them...:

http://www.factorypro.com/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    Look for this picture (below). It is on this page of Factory Pro (that's all I know), I guess you have to contact them...:

http://www.factorypro.com/index.htm

Thanks for the post but with this company you send them your ECU and they flash it with what they assume is a perfect match to your bike.
    I am looking into the Woolich Flashing which is only available foor 2009 and older models.

I am getting a feeler for who else may be looking into the Woolich as if we get enough people together to bug them, they said he would gladly look do the remaining research to get it up and running.

"Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better"

I asked Justin about the newer ECU's a year ago. I gave up waiting last week and bought a PCV.

I sent the ECU maps and xml table to Skorp for the later bikes but I don't know if he ever tried using them.

If I could get hold of a later ecu I'd do it myself. Rarer then hens teeth this side of the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by palv109 View Post
    Thanks for the post but with this company you send them your ECU and they flash it with what they assume is a perfect match to your bike.
    I am looking into the Woolich Flashing which is only available foor 2009 and older models.

I am getting a feeler for who else may be looking into the Woolich as if we get enough people together to bug them, they said he would gladly look do the remaining research to get it up and running.
    I know next to nothing about flashing ECU . I found the info I posted when I was looking for the EVO star.... So I guess they are not willing to do what Woolich would? They (FactoryPro) did write that: "For custom and generic flashing email to : [email protected] "

I know next to nothing about flashing ECU . I found the info I posted when I was looking for the EVO star.... So I guess they are not willing to do what Woolich would? They (FactoryPro) did write that: "For custom and generic flashing email to : [email protected] "
    FactoryPro is an awesome company but even with their 'custom' flashing, it is still not with the bike on the dyno so it will never be perfect. With Woolich, you can actually tune it while your on the dyno and, although expensive/time consuming, you can get a complete custom tune just for your bike as well as eliminate all the restrictions our bikes have.

I'm thinking of going FactoryPro Teka tuner this time around.

Any idea how many people he is needing to do the newer bikes? Might be nice to combine with pcv and autotune to have complete control and the ability to ride anywhere with a good Afr

Quote Originally Posted by the.okie View Post
    Any idea how many people he is needing to do the newer bikes? Might be nice to combine with pcv and autotune to have complete control and the ability to ride anywhere with a good Afr
    He just said if he gets more inquires he would look into it. We just need to get more people to go onto their website and send them an email asking abotu it. The more we get to do this the better chance they will finally look into it further. He said they started looking into it awhile ago but didnt seea major need for it so they stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by geofftl1000r View Post
    I asked Justin about the newer ECU's a year ago. I gave up waiting last week and bought a PCV.

I sent the ECU maps and xml table to Skorp for the later bikes but I don't know if he ever tried using them.

If I could get hold of a later ecu I'd do it myself. Rarer then hens teeth this side of the pond.
    Hey Geoff, i'll need another copy of those if you don't mind. I lost my hard drive (stopped working). I'm also working with a different company and we are working on the ecu's from 06-15 US and Euro's. We have most of the bin files and are working on a program.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    Hey Geoff, i'll need another copy of those if you don't mind. I lost my hard drive (stopped working). I'm also working with a different company and we are working on the ecu's from 06-15 US and Euro's. We have most of the bin files and are working on a program.
    PM your fellow Indiana brother. ;-)

i talked to Factory Pro today and got some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by kawzx7 View Post
    PM your fellow Indiana brother. ;-)

i talked to Factory Pro today and got some ideas.

PM sent

Files sent.

http://www.romraider.com/RomRaider/Download

This program works but I never had a 2007 M109R to check my 2007 ECU with. Later ECU's should be the same but never got hold of a spare ecu to find out.
    Last edited by geofftl1000r; 04-28-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Yours is an 07? Why was i thinking it was newer?

Yours is an 07? Why was i thinking it was newer?
    I bought an 07 ecu to test on a 2013 (mine) bike. It didn't work! So never bothered to try the maps I had from a 2013 bike.
    Even thought about re-wiring the ECU plugs to match the 07 ECU but couldn't find the pin wiring for a 2013 ECU.
    Now I have a PCV to get the fueling better. Would like to remove the restrictions from the ECU someday though.

That's why I sent you the 07 ECU so you could play around with the programming.

If you find any cheap 2013 ECU's let me know

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by the.okie View Post
    This is exactly the setup I have on my BKing. I use WRT to adjust the ignition tables, STP, injector trim, rev limiter, fan on/off temp as well as disable the necessary systems so I don't get the FI light. I use the PCV w/Autotune and LCD display to control the fueling and see what it's doing in real time. I did use the values from WRT TPS autotune table to replace the values in the PCV target afr table.

To be honest, if the PowrPro was available for sportbikes too, I'd rip the PCV off the BKing and replace it with the PowrPro.

I just have the PowrPro on my 109, I think the WRT software and PowrPro would be the perfect match.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 04-28-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Hey guys, check this thread, can that "used" ECU come handy for your project maybe??
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...=1#post3115081

I know nothing about electronics but I do know I want to have my ECU flashed for ​MORE POWER!

Hey guys, check this thread, can that "used" ECU come handy for your project maybe??
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...=1#post3115081
    Yes it can!!