Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by geofftl1000r View Post
    Hi Scorp,

I read on the ECU forum that in 4th and 5th the STV valves start to close after just after 5200rpm. They close as much as 80%. No wonder people are having a hard time hitting 170! My PC has taken a dump and won't run the ECUEditor software so can't confirm myself.

Are you using the 2012 files I sent over? Surprised these would work as I didn't think the USA bikes had the O2 sensors? (except Cali)
    No i haven't had a chance to confirm the files you sent me worked yet. The ecu tried them on was a 07 canada ECU. Yes the STV shut right down to 80% at 5200 rpms, and in 4th and 5th the secondaries never open passed 48%.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member geofftl1000r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    No i haven't had a chance to confirm the files you sent me worked yet. The ecu tried them on was a 07 canada ECU. Yes the STV shut right down to 80% at 5200 rpms, and in 4th and 5th the secondaries never open passed 48%.
    This bike is really restricted in the higher gears.

Makes me wonder what happens when you fit a TRE...... if your fooling the ECU to be in 4th/5th you are severely restricting the amount the engine can breath.

So with decent ignition maps and opening the STV all the way , we should have a real go faster bike!

I have feeling from reading other posts on the ECU forum that 'removing the SET valve wire' could enable the second set of maps (MS1) these may have different values for the STV valve as you would think people that have a TRE would notice the lack of speed?
    Dyno runs don't seem to show a loss of power, are they being done in 3rd perhaps? With only 48% throttle the power loss should be measurable on a Dyno.

Default Believer here

Quote Originally Posted by M109RTOOGO View Post
    http://www.woolichracing.com/forums/...5&p=4944#p4944

Check out this link for more info on the ECU flash. My brother is the guy with the know on this subject. He's flashed many zx14 with great results. We just did my 109 and I have to say I'm happy with the results. We will keep playing as there is more to gain. We started out "safe" on the timing gains. Guys with their secondary throttle plates will gain more then I as I removed my plates. Bike pulls hard in all gears and I'm looking for for a 109 to prove it on

Just had mine flashed by these two....only got about five miles before I hit a thunder storm...but those were 5 happy miles...the pull is incredible...never got past 3rd gear on the roads I was on heading home,but 1-2-3 felt really good...walking around with a demonic grin here at home waiting for the rain to pass so I can get back out there !!

Thanks for the hookup Bob
    Stav

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Just had mine flashed by these two....only got about five miles before I hit a thunder storm...but those were 5 happy miles...the pull is incredible...never got past 3rd gear on the roads I was on heading home,but 1-2-3 felt really good...walking around with a demonic grin here at home waiting for the rain to pass so I can get back out there !!

Thanks for the hookup Bob

Can you have one of those 2 get a hold of me. I have a few questions on the timing maps.

Cool ECU

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    Can you have one of those 2 get a hold of me. I have a few questions on the timing maps.
    ​PM sent Jason.
    Markham Ontario Canada 2007 LE, PC111, GIpro blue, RC Pacific rims,10"/3.5" 300 Metz,Lowered 2.25,Chrome Derby Cover, debeavered,Raw Design LED signals,HID, EVO shift Kit,Chrome Dipstick with oil temp gauge, chrome master cover, Thunder Tornado Air & Raw Performance Shorty, Corbin seats, Chrome Chin Spoiler,Irate grill,Chrome Galfers,Stainless brake lines.....

Default Woolich Racing ECU Flashing for $330. Anyone done this, please chime in.

Just had mine done Saturday.
    This is now my new best mod.!!

No need for a TRE anymore.
    The bike runs stronger and smoother in all gears.
    The high end pull is amazing. Passing a car at highway speeds now is so quick. :)
    Wish this was around years ago.

Can't wait to change my exhaust now. I switched to the Velocity Pro a while ago and lost about 10hp, (based on a dyno before and after).
    Now I can't wait to put on a new pipe to see what the bike will do. !!

I have my Power Pro still on doing its thing.
    Thunder Tornado filters, and the Velocity Pros.

What exhaust are you switching to?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have a McCoy pipe I'm putting on.
    I need to pretty it up still. I know the pipe will perform well, just hope it sounds good.
    Haven't tested it yet.

I've got mine flashed well everything but the timing. Hope the flashing gods shed some light on these maps. I've jumped right in and just started messing around though. Just to many timing maps to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    I have a McCoy pipe I'm putting on.
    I need to pretty it up still. I know the pipe will perform well, just hope it sounds good.
    Haven't tested it yet.
    You dog..where you dig up the McCoy ?

When you get it on we will have to run and see how much difference there is from the VP..Happy with the flash results so far too...4th has got some giddy up and go now !!
    Stav

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    You dog..where you dig up the McCoy ?

When you get it on we will have to run and see how much difference there is from the VP..Happy with the flash results so far too...4th has got some giddy up and go now !!

I bought it about a year ago. Had it ceramic coated inside and out. :)
    Just haven't found the time to get it finished and installed. Soon though. !
    We'll definitely see how it stacks up.

We would have the exact set up aside from the exhaust, so it would be a good comparison.
    We can rope Bob into the run to. We'll need someone's perspective from behind us. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    Just had mine done Saturday.
    This is now my new best mod.!!

No need for a TRE anymore.
    The bike runs stronger and smoother in all gears.
    The high end pull is amazing. Passing a car at highway speeds now is so quick. :)
    Wish this was around years ago.

Can't wait to change my exhaust now. I switched to the Velocity Pro a while ago and lost about 10hp, (based on a dyno before and after).
    Now I can't wait to put on a new pipe to see what the bike will do. !!

I have my Power Pro still on doing its thing.
    Thunder Tornado filters, and the Velocity Pros.
    Since you still have the PowerPro on, was most of your changes to the ignition timing?

Yes. I believe so.
    There are a ton of maps in that ECU. He spent many hours working on them.

Any word if this is available for the newer models? 2011 to be specific

"Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better"

Quote Originally Posted by palv109 View Post
    Any word if this is available for the newer models? 2011 to be specific

Have been in touch with them to get it to work for the C109. Their answer is below... Sounds like it should not be a problem (worst case, I will send them my ECU during the winter, and get hacking next summer). If they come through for my C, it should also be the same for yours.

Hi
    Thanks for getting in contact.
    As the C109 has a different part number it would generally mean that the bin file definition will be different to the m109r, there will be a lot of similarities but map locations etc will more than likely be different. These ECU’s have to be cut open to extract the bin file, we have the following options to add support for your bike
    1) If we can locate a reasonably priced ($<150) second hand ECU we will purchase it and extract the bin file and add it to the software.
    2) If you are willing to send us your ECU we can make a small cut in the ECU, extract the bin file and seal it back up, the operation of the ECU will be unaffected.
    3) The bin file and bin file definition from the M109R is very likely to work in the C109R, so you could just use the M109R bin file and definition as your starting point.
    We are willing to work with you on any of the above options.
    regards
    Woolich Racing

2008 C109RT Black-Gray / bought June 2010 with 600km / 61,000km as Sep. 2014
    Clean front end / TRE / Spike intakes / K&N filters / Wideband O2 / Drilled pipes / 266mm Darkside Federal 595 / Tacho / LED signals & relay box / Mustang fender bib / Rear fender in spike shape / 23 cu.ft. trailer / ISO-Grips / Scythe Mirrors / 20+ Skulls. TODO : Horn / Paint / More spike intakes / Better bags / ECU hacking...

Hmmmm interesting. They have to cut it to get the Bin file. I was going to say I would be willing to give my ECU up for this purpose but not sure how I feel about anyone cutting into my ECU.

"Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better"

Just a question ... All this extra power will not adversely affect tranny's reliability?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.

Hi there,
    does anyone have a table of values ​​for the secondary throttle setting?

Which one do you want?

Very Active Member DrDing.Muscle's Avatar

This thread is very interesting and I have always found it very odd that this has not been done before now. When it comes to tuning in the car world this has been done for years. I run a similar setup on my drag Camaro called HPTuners that does exactly what this thread is about. Same thing, changing the maps for timing and fuel and then flashing the tune into the ECU. Max safe power can be achieved with a dyno and a wideband O2 sensor to check for A/F ratio. It would also eliminate the need for a TRE as you should be able to change the behavior of the ECU instead of just fooling the ECU into thinking it is in a different gear.
    Last edited by DrDing.Muscle; 08-06-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    2012 Limited Edition M109R -- Corbin Seats and backrest -- Debaffled stock exhaust -- Yana Shiki 2" Risers -- Debeavered -- A&R 6k HID -- Stebel horn -- XTRE -- ISO Grips -- Scythe Mirrors

M109R Service Manual and other M109R Documents -

Quote Originally Posted by it. rDing.Muscle View Post
    This thread is very interesting and I have always found it very interesting that this has not been done before now. When it comes to tuning in the car world this has been done for years. I run a similar setup on my drag Camaro called HPTuners that does exactly what this thread is about. Same thing, changing the maps for timing and fuel and then flashing the tune into the ECU. Max safe power can be achieved with a dyno and a wideband O2 sensor to check for A/F ratio. It would also eliminate the need for a TRE as you should be able to change the behavior of the ECU instead of just fooling the ECU into thinking it is in a different gear.

I love It. Problem with the tre is it locks the ecu in one set of maps fuel and timing.

Hi there,
    the values ​​for the opening of the secondary throttle valve, the speed at which how much opening.

you want all of them (3 maps)?

Hi there,
    if you have them it would be very nice of you!

Yes i do can you remind me in a few days? Getting ready to head out on a short vacation.

Hi there,
    What results have you in power and torque with Woolich

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Secondary map 1st-3rd.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	206226Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Secondary map 4th-5th.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	206258
    These are the stock secondary maps for 1st-5th
    Quote Originally Posted by artvox View Post
    Hi there,
    if you have them it would be very nice of you!

Thank you

and you have them all of 100% in all Gear's

No I made different maps that progress with the throttle

Very Active Member

Has anyone dyno'd their bike before/after a flash to see what power gains were realized?