Routes to ride

Thread: Routes to ride

Default Routes to ride

I was thinking that maybe some of you might be interested in sharing some routes you've traveled. Here's one that will take you out to Perry Lake, around to Lawrence for lunch at Johnny's Tavern and then to Tonganoxie for some good 91 octane and back to I-435.

http://goo.gl/maps/91P8W

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Do yourself a favor while your by Perry Lake...... turn off HWY 237 and head for Rock Creek Public Use Area......it will come out near the dam.

Also on 24 highway,get off on 243 RD...jog over to 246th,head north,it will come out as Sandusky RD or county RD 4

Is someone out there smart enough to set it up so we could have a big map of North America (Maybe the world since we have members all over) that would have highways/routes on them that a person could click on and leave a rating or comments on? I am certainly not smart enough to do such a thing but it would be very cool and helpful to everyone I think. Just pick the area/route you are thinking of taking and zoom in to see what is recommended and what isn't sort of thing.
    I know HD sends out paper maps to their buyers that have this. Just wondering if there is an electronic version.
    07 Pearl M109R: Cobra Swepts, Chrome Derby Cover, PC III USB, Chrome Swing Arm, Debeavered, Poor Mans Chrome Rad , Debadged, Tach Relocation, White Front Reflectors, Smoked Signal and Brake Lights, Front Signals into LED Driving lights, Holley Intakes, Tricky Air Ride, HID Headlight, TRE, 250 Fat Rear Tire, '11 Black Rims, Painted Rotors, Switchblade pegs, Arlen Ness Grips, ISO rear grips, OEM Crash Bars, Chrome kickstand, and more to come....

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by m90blue View Post
    Do yourself a favor while your by Perry Lake...... turn off HWY 237 and head for Rock Creek Public Use Area......it will come out near the dam.

Also on 24 highway,get off on 243 RD...jog over to 246th,head north,it will come out as Sandusky RD or county RD 4

Yeah, I drive the the Sandusky/CR 4 almost every day. I live over there. I drive the CR 237 frequently as well. I ride my mountain bike just across the bridge by the boat docks on the East bank area trails. The North part of the route on Hwy 92 is nice, but 24/40 is a total drag. It's too straight until you get down to Lawrence. I really don't like most of the roads in Kansas. They're too straight. They can me pretty out in country, but just chugg'n along in a straight line is so monotonous.

There are a few web sites out there with routes, but you have to hunt for them. I just break out a map and plot a course. Sometimes I just ride, not caring where I go. Mindless wandering. I do that at night sometimes, at least that's what my wife tells me.
    Last edited by 2bazookas; 05-10-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Default We moved to Gardner, KS

I will try that route out. We almost bought a house in Tonganoxie, so I have been to that area but never ridden it. We will check this out, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beedub109R View Post
    I will try that route out. We almost bought a house in Tonganoxie, so I have been to that area but never ridden it. We will check this out, thanks.
    Seems how your new to the area....give Leavenworth 5 from I-435 to Lansing a try and have lunch at http://www.thehighnoon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BobtheMedic View Post
    Is someone out there smart enough to set it up so we could have a big map of North America (Maybe the world since we have members all over) that would have highways/routes on them that a person could click on and leave a rating or comments on? I am certainly not smart enough to do such a thing but it would be very cool and helpful to everyone I think. Just pick the area/route you are thinking of taking and zoom in to see what is recommended and what isn't sort of thing.
    I know HD sends out paper maps to their buyers that have this. Just wondering if there is an electronic version.
    Someone beat you to it..........

http://motorcycleroads.com

I subscribe and post as well.....
    Go Big or Go Home
    '07 RED -
    Cycle House Big Air intakes, Debadged/Debeavered, PC III, Kuy grips and pegs, 50 watt driving lights, 260 Metz., sport windshield, chrome wheels, Gen III Knight Rider, Drivers Backrest, Dragon Tail Light, Derby and Side Lic Frame, +2 risers, 5" Cannon.

great website but.....it has I-70 listed (1 of the most boring roads in america) as being a scenic route and it doesn't have K-99 from K-4 to Alma.It's the 2nd best road in Kansas.I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Beedub109R View Post

Beedub...I usually don't ride on Saturdays because of all the traffic. Wed thru Friday are my normal pleasure ride days. If you want to get together sometime let me know. Check out my wife's web site
    www.goldkressshibas.com she breed's and shows Shiba Inus.

Seems how your new to the area....give Leavenworth 5 from I-435 to Lansing a try and have lunch at http://www.thehighnoon.com/
    The High Noon Saloon

Quote Originally Posted by Captnpirate View Post
    Someone beat you to it..........

http://motorcycleroads.com

I subscribe and post as well.....
    Exactly what I was talking about. Wish they had a little more Canadian content so buck up Canucks and write some reviews.
    Thanks.
    07 Pearl M109R: Cobra Swepts, Chrome Derby Cover, PC III USB, Chrome Swing Arm, Debeavered, Poor Mans Chrome Rad , Debadged, Tach Relocation, White Front Reflectors, Smoked Signal and Brake Lights, Front Signals into LED Driving lights, Holley Intakes, Tricky Air Ride, HID Headlight, TRE, 250 Fat Rear Tire, '11 Black Rims, Painted Rotors, Switchblade pegs, Arlen Ness Grips, ISO rear grips, OEM Crash Bars, Chrome kickstand, and more to come....

Quote Originally Posted by BobtheMedic View Post
    Exactly what I was talking about. Wish they had a little more Canadian content so buck up Canucks and write some reviews.
    Thanks.
    This web site is for riders to post up their rides so if there are rides that you have taken, post them up! I'm going to be riding all over Colorado this summer and I will be doing reviews on every ride I take and adding pictures to boot! This site is supported by riders like us posting to it. I have not looked at Canadian rides but once again, it's supported by riders for riders. It's not perfect.....I too wondered about the I-70 route.....an interstate as a great route.......must have been a HD pokie
    Go Big or Go Home
    '07 RED -
    Cycle House Big Air intakes, Debadged/Debeavered, PC III, Kuy grips and pegs, 50 watt driving lights, 260 Metz., sport windshield, chrome wheels, Gen III Knight Rider, Drivers Backrest, Dragon Tail Light, Derby and Side Lic Frame, +2 risers, 5" Cannon.

Just a heads up on the Rock Creek area road. It's full of tar snakes. Even at 63 degrees they would make the tires squirm a bit.