XTRE INSTALL 2011 and UP - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 119 of 119

Thread: XTRE INSTALL 2011 and UP

  1. #91
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Hunter" View Post
    not the alarm switch
    Orite thanks.

    I will look into it. Where exactly is this located?
    I just opened my black ECM switch and notice that the pin slots are not marked. It's a 2012. So hopefully, I am going to cut the right wire.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #92
    Very Active Member "Hunter"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    144
    Last edited by "Hunter"; 09-16-2016 at 04:04 AM.
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun


  4. #93
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    66

    Default



    thanks again.
    how do you attach the xtre power cord with the 12v socket? Cut the covering of 12 v wire and attach/twist the xtre cord with it, and put a tape on it? Sorry I am totally new to it.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #94
    Very Active Member "Hunter"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 280er View Post
    thanks again.
    how do you attach the xtre power cord with the 12v socket? Cut the covering of 12 v wire and attach/twist the xtre cord with it, and put a tape on it? Sorry I am totally new to it.
    http://ge.tt/2Fjl3Md2

    How to use Scotchlok connectors

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV16ahOr6po

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmdKWTLfQgQ

    en you can use flow http://i.stack.imgur.com/062hX.jpg
    Last edited by "Hunter"; 09-16-2016 at 05:18 AM.
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun


  7. #95
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    66

    Default

    OK, and do you know what the transmitter gauge of orange/green wire No 17?

  8. #96
    Very Active Member "Hunter"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 280er View Post
    OK, and do you know what the transmitter gauge of orange/green wire No 17?
    Yes
    There are two wiring harness in use by Suzuki M109R / M1800R

    the first is without alarm the second with alarm
    if you do not like the picture the following connector

    then you can connect 17 (+12v)

    http://ge.tt/1lgluSb2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diagram 0001.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	335578   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diagram 0002.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	335586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	335570  
    Last edited by "Hunter"; 09-17-2016 at 05:14 AM.
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun


  9. #97
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    66

    Default

    OK, so I connected directly to the battery for now. Turned the 9 on and rode for a short bit. The bike runs smooth, no doubt, but the gear indicator does not display any gear number. It's just a dash sign. What did I do wrong?

  10. #98
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Did you connect it to the ECU wire? If so, did you connect it to the correct white plugs? There are 2 connections side by side that it will plug into. If you use the wrong one it will not work correctly. Here is a link to the instructions one Healtech's website if you need them.

    http://www.healtech-electronics.com/..._Manual_en.pdf

  11. #99
    Very Active Member "Hunter"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Did you connect it to the ECU wire? If so, did you connect it to the correct white plugs? There are 2 connections side by side that it will plug into. If you use the wrong one it will not work correctly. Here is a link to the instructions one Healtech's website if you need them.

    http://www.healtech-electronics.com/..._Manual_en.pdf
    see 2.1 & 2.2 page 3
    best mode = 4 for M109R / M1800R /2

    In case of problems, please check the followings in this order:
    1. Make sure the ECM connector is connected and seated properly.
    2. Make sure the side stand is UP, engine stop switch is in RUN position and
    ignition is ON when you test the gear indicator function.
    3. Make sure you did not disconnect anything else, or bent a hose accidentally.
    4. Check the 4p and 3p connectors. Make sure the connectors are locked and
    none of the pins have been pushed out of position.
    Select neutral, and turn ignition ON. The green neutral indicator should
    work normally. Otherwise, there is a loose connection in the 3p plugs.
    5. Turn ignition off and wait a few seconds. Have the side stand still UP and
    the stop switch in RUN position. Turn ignition ON while you watch the XTRE
    status LED.
    - If the LED does not respond at all, redo the splice at the Red wire tap
    connector, or connect the Red wire to the battery positive terminal.
    - If the LED blinks once when ignition is turned on then remains On, check
    the connection of the X-TRE Black/Green wire, and make sure it is
    connected to the B/G wire at the ECM connector side.
    - If the LED blinks once when ignition is turned on then remains Off, and
    the gear indicator still does not function, check the connection of the
    Black/White wire, and make sure it is connected to the B/G wire at the
    main wiring harness side.
    6. If the gear indicator works but shows one gear only, check the connections
    at the 3p plugs, and make sure the sensor wires are Blue, Pink and
    Black/White. Otherwise, you got the wrong connector.
    If the problem persists, please contact us for advice and describe the situation
    in detail.
    Last edited by "Hunter"; 09-17-2016 at 10:51 AM.
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun


  12. #100
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Hunter" View Post
    see 2.1 & 2.2 page 3
    best mode = 4 for M109R / M1800R /2

    In case of problems, please check the followings in this order:
    1. Make sure the ECM connector is connected and seated properly.
    2. Make sure the side stand is UP, engine stop switch is in RUN position and
    ignition is ON when you test the gear indicator function.
    3. Make sure you did not disconnect anything else, or bent a hose accidentally.
    4. Check the 4p and 3p connectors. Make sure the connectors are locked and
    none of the pins have been pushed out of position.
    Select neutral, and turn ignition ON. The green neutral indicator should
    work normally. Otherwise, there is a loose connection in the 3p plugs.
    5. Turn ignition off and wait a few seconds. Have the side stand still UP and
    the stop switch in RUN position. Turn ignition ON while you watch the XTRE
    status LED.
    - If the LED does not respond at all, redo the splice at the Red wire tap
    connector, or connect the Red wire to the battery positive terminal.
    - If the LED blinks once when ignition is turned on then remains On, check
    the connection of the X-TRE Black/Green wire, and make sure it is
    connected to the B/G wire at the ECM connector side.
    - If the LED blinks once when ignition is turned on then remains Off, and
    the gear indicator still does not function, check the connection of the
    Black/White wire, and make sure it is connected to the B/G wire at the
    main wiring harness side.
    6. If the gear indicator works but shows one gear only, check the connections
    at the 3p plugs, and make sure the sensor wires are Blue, Pink and
    Black/White. Otherwise, you got the wrong connector.
    If the problem persists, please contact us for advice and describe the situation
    in detail.
    OK all set and done.
    The only question is, after step 2.1 where I turned on the ignition and saw '4' appearing for a second or two and then changing to 1, I just pushed up the gear a few times, I saw the gear indicator displaying 6 for a couple of seconds. How does that sound?

  13. #101
    Very Active Member "Hunter"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 280er View Post
    OK all set and done.
    The only question is, after step 2.1 where I turned on the ignition and saw '4' appearing for a second or two and then changing to 1, I just pushed up the gear a few times, I saw the gear indicator displaying 6 for a couple of seconds. How does that sound?

    2.2. Selecting TRE mode
    - Put your gearbox in 4th, 5th or 6th gear, depending on which mapping you’d
    like to set as per the table below:
    B-King, DL1000 and all Cruiser mode 4 M109r

    GSX-R1000 (see note), Hayabusa 5

    ALL other models 6
    - Have the ignition key in OFF position, stop switch in RUN position, and side
    stand UP, then wait at least 5 seconds
    - Turn ignition ON
    - The gear indicator will show the new map (4, 5 or 6) for a few seconds,
    then it will blink once. The setting is stored, and the gear indicator will
    work normally.
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun


  14. #102
    Active Member BKojac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    60

    Default

    This post was spot on. If I didn't have giant caveman hands I would have had this done in 10 minutes. Took much longer due to that stupid gear position coupling but easy and quick except that.



    Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

  15. #103
    Active Member Blessed Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stafford, VA.
    Posts
    99

    Default ENGINE BREAKING

    Would I lose the ability to engine break when I install the X-TRE?
    Clear tall Vstream / OEM Black Engine guard / PowrPro Black / REVO 6" Bass Cannon/ Some 9 L.E.D.s / Revo Rear cowl LED / Swampwork LED Rear turn signals / Corbin Seat. / Airnott Air Ride / Revo Devil Eye.

  16. #104
    Active Member BKojac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Biker View Post
    Would I lose the ability to engine break when I install the X-TRE?
    No, it doesn't change anything, just smooths the acceleration.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #105
    Active Member Blessed Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stafford, VA.
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BKojac View Post
    No, it doesn't change anything, just smooths the acceleration.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PHEW!!! I have mine coming in tomorrow I was worried about that thanks!
    Clear tall Vstream / OEM Black Engine guard / PowrPro Black / REVO 6" Bass Cannon/ Some 9 L.E.D.s / Revo Rear cowl LED / Swampwork LED Rear turn signals / Corbin Seat. / Airnott Air Ride / Revo Devil Eye.

  18. #106
    Active Member BKojac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Biker View Post
    PHEW!!! I have mine coming in tomorrow I was worried about that thanks!
    No problem, easiest mod I've done other than the tight spaces. Worth every penny.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #107
    Active Member Blessed Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stafford, VA.
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Oook, Mod completed I must say the Info on this thread was spot on I could not fail on this thanks to everyone. I was able to take the 9 out afterwards..... Wow, total different ride very smooth and quick. I must say I'm kinda gonna miss the way then 9 would yank me all over the place. Constantly reminding me to show her some got damn respect.
    Clear tall Vstream / OEM Black Engine guard / PowrPro Black / REVO 6" Bass Cannon/ Some 9 L.E.D.s / Revo Rear cowl LED / Swampwork LED Rear turn signals / Corbin Seat. / Airnott Air Ride / Revo Devil Eye.

  20. #108
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    42

    Default Better than the instructions!

    I used this thread from start to finish to help with the install. This was MUCH easier thanks to this thread and all others contributing so thank you all for the help!

    I will say, the Gear Position sensor was annoying to take out but, since I combined the X-TRE with installing a new exhaust, once that rear header was out it was much easier to get to GPS hooked up to the X-TRE.

  21. #109
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default Good to know

    Just bought mine last week

    It apparently has a chip but haven't pulled anything apart yet. That starts tomorrow. Week off until New Year and am gonna be doing a lot of mods so it's ready for spring.

  22. #110
    Member Leons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    12

    Default English Translation

    Just in case anyone else is interested, I did a quick translate to English of the installation manual from "Hunter". (Hope you don't mind).

    I found it very easy to follow.


    http://www.mediafire.com/file/pb1vkk...r_Box1_Eng.pdf

  23. #111
    Very Active Member "Hunter"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leons View Post
    Just in case anyone else is interested, I did a quick translate to English of the installation manual from "Hunter". (Hope you don't mind).

    I found it very easy to follow.


    http://www.mediafire.com/file/pb1vkk...r_Box1_Eng.pdf
    Thx Leons

    https://issuu.com/hunter_guyv2/docs/...power_box1_eng
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun


  24. #112
    Member Leons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    12

    Default ECU instead of X-Tre

    I am still not sure about installing my X-Tre. My bike is still under warranty (MY2016) and I don't want to void it.

    I have read a few threads on ECU but I can't find a clear answer.

    Does anyone know if I can do a similar thing as the X-Tre mod by using the http://www.woolichracing.com/ software?

    If I just pay up now, it may avoid cutting wires and also allow me to adjust later when I mod exhaust and air filters.

    I don't plan on major engine/performance mods, just want it to run well.

  25. #113
    Very Active Member thevili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fergus, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,349

    Default similar thing as the X-Tre mod by using the http://www.woolichracing.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by Leons View Post
    I am still not sure about installing my X-Tre. My bike is still under warranty (MY2016) and I don't want to void it.

    I have read a few threads on ECU but I can't find a clear answer.

    Does anyone know if I can do a similar thing as the X-Tre mod by using the http://www.woolichracing.com/ software?

    If I just pay up now, it may avoid cutting wires and also allow me to adjust later when I mod exhaust and air filters.

    I don't plan on major engine/performance mods, just want it to run well.
    Yes, ECU flashing will do that. But I think that flashing ECU could void warranty as well.

    Yes it is reversible to the original state, but what is easier and faster in case you need

    the warranty repair, removing the EXTRE or sending ECU back to Woolichracing?
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

  26. #114
    Member Leons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Thanks thevili, that's good to know.

    I plan on buying the ECU flashing kit so I can flash the ECU myself. At least I know now, so I can start learning how to use the software.

    Cheers.

  27. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wiskeythrottle505 View Post
    Hey guys, just thought I would add my 2 cents to screw you guys up that work on your bikes. Just an FYI and to prove a point I did this install with the tool kit that came with the bike other than the side cutters. I did this in order to prove to some of you new guys that have limited experience in regarding mechanics that you need not be afraid as you are smarter and more capable than you think.

    1. Remove the seat and left and right body panels.

    2. remove the front ECM mount screw. It has a 10mm head and a Philips slot and is located on the left side of the bike. No brainer.

    3. Remove the upper ECM mount screw to the left of the battery under the seat. It is the same style as the lower mount screw.

    4. Slowly rotate the ECM and bracket down and out. Press on the tab for the grey connector and remove from ECM.

    5. Press on the release tab for the black connector and firmly remove from ECM as well.

    6. here is a cool thing I don't think most people notice but if you look at the back of the black ECM connector which is the one you need to use for the XTRE you will see a number 1 and 17 as well as a number 18 and 34 . Yes that's right, it references pins 1 thru 17 and pins 18 thru 34.

    7. For the installation you will need pin number 6 , which is a BLK wire with a thin GRN stripe. Which is... wait for it.... the 6th pin right to left from the number 1 embossed on the black ECM connector!!

    8. Not necessary but far easier is to remove the factory wrap tap on the black connector ECM harness to get slack at the BLK wire with the GRN stripe.

    9. Take your wire cutters and move about 2" from the ECM connector and cut the BLK wire with the GRN stripe.

    10. Use the supplied squeeze connector and attach the BLK wire with the GRN stripe from the XTRE harness marked ECM to the BLK wire with the GRN stripe you cut earlier on the connector side of the ECM harness.

    11. Connect the BLK with WH striped wire from the XTRE harness to the BLK with GRN stripe wire to the harness side of the ECM connector. at this point you are all done with the ECM and can re-tape the harness and re_ install the ECM. and the left side cover.

    12. Moving to the right side of the bike look behind the rear cylinder and exhaust header and you will see the triangle connector for the gear indicator. The connector has a BLU, BLK and RED not PINK wire.

    13. I is very tight and difficult but disconnect the Gear indicator connector and install the XTRE between the connectors.

    14. Last thing is to power it up. The kit says to install the power wire (RED) to a switched power source. I believe it was better to go straight to the battery which I did. You decide which is best for you.

    15. Now its time to see if we did it all correctly. Turn on your key, hold the bike and put up the kick stand. Make sure your kill switch is in run and check to see if the gear you are in matches the indicator. It is a little difficult and they may glitch out but try and be forceful when you shift and they should work fine and sync up.

    16. Grab a beer and take her for a test drive or vise versa. You will love the new feel of your bike and congrats!!
    I did this today.
    Excellent write up. I used it in conjunction with the included destructions.
    A couple of points of difference for me.
    The 2 bolts that hold the ecu in place were different to each other on my bike. Possibly 1 had been lost during it's life before I owned it. That threw me for a moment as I'd never taken the ecu out before.
    I did not need to do step 8 at all.
    Step 12 for me was a bugger. The included instructions mention that you may find more than 1 triangular plug, and to specifically look for certain coloured wires.
    I only found 1 triangular plug initially, and the colours didn't come close to matching.
    Had I not double checked the included instructions, I may have just used that connection as I couldn't find any others. No idea what damage that would have done.
    Instead I hunted around some more, and FINALLY found the correct one, which was basically hard up against the battery box and almost impossible to see.
    Thanks for taking the time to do this write up!
    My Xtre is in, and working beautifully. Coupled with the PC5 I refitted yesterday, it's like I have a different bike now!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  28. #116
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Glad she worked out. I'll be installing mine soon also

  29. #117
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sault Ste Marie
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Well I did the XTRE today and it took me a little longer than I planned. My biggest problem was double guessing myself and not trusting Whiskeythrottles instructions. They are perfect.

    thank you for the step by step

  30. #118
    Active Member Sneikz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Kirrawee, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    31

    Default

    When I recently purchased my M109R second hand it had a range of cosmetic additions, but I could not believe that this mod had not been installed.

    Thanks for the instructions wiskeythrottle505.

    I can now ride the streets of Sydney normally without wondering if it's going to lurch me into the curb or car in front. A totally different ride and no doubt somewhere towards as it was designed to perform prior to EPA rulings.

    The big question now is where do I put the supplied stickers?


    Last edited by Sneikz; 08-06-2018 at 12:27 AM.
    Live long and ride hard \\ //

  31. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Late to the party
    Installed mine today, Easy Peasy with this thread as backup
    Definitely feel the improvement with 1 - 3rd but biggest plus for me was the engine breaking, much less abrupt.
    My 109 felt sick now it feels like it was made to be
    Thanks all!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •