XTRE INSTALL 2011 and UP - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 119

Thread: XTRE INSTALL 2011 and UP

  1. #61
    Very Active Member wiskeythrottle505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Sweet, you will like the change.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Very Active Member David327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    I just ordered mine from MeanCycles. They have the best price that I could find. I plan to follow this how to when I install mine. I will also add a nice bright 6 inch wide LED under my headlight while I'm at it. I guess I should also do the pair valve mod at that time. The popping I get is not to bad. but I might as well do it while I have the tank off.

  4. #63
    Very Active Member russaroa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    wellington
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David327 View Post
    I just ordered mine from MeanCycles. They have the best price that I could find. I plan to follow this how to when I install mine. I will also add a nice bright 6 inch wide LED under my headlight while I'm at it. I guess I should also do the pair valve mod at that time. The popping I get is not to bad. but I might as well do it while I have the tank off.
    Mate - you don't need to take the tank off to do the x-tre mod..... but I hear that the pair valve mod is recommended if necessary ....the 6 inch LED under the headlight will ROCK

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #64
    Very Active Member David327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by russaroa View Post
    Mate - you don't need to take the tank off to do the x-tre mod..... but I hear that the pair valve mod is recommended if necessary ....the 6 inch LED under the headlight will ROCK
    Thanks. I just figured that I will get all of my stuff done at one time. I have had the light bar for a while. After reading about how great the X-Tre is, I got inspired to get it.

  7. #65
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    Did this mod to a members bike today. The only thing I didnt like is that I wish the power wire was about 12" longer to run to the tail light for the switched power source.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  8. #66
    Very Active Member Tazdvl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Did this mod to a members bike today. The only thing I didnt like is that I wish the power wire was about 12" longer to run to the tail light for the switched power source.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Should've installed a Fuzeblock FZ -1 at the same time. Would've solved the problem.
    Sheesh Shane, I thought you were supposed to be schooling me on the Nine! Haha!


    Taz
    ----------------------------------
    Taz
    ----------------------------------
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

  9. #67
    Very Active Member SKIDMARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND
    Posts
    9,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazdvl View Post
    Should've installed a Fuzeblock FZ -1 at the same time. Would've solved the problem.
    Sheesh Shane, I thought you were supposed to be schooling me on the Nine! Haha!


    Taz

    LOL, Funny.......

  10. #68
    Very Active Member David327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Finally installed mine. This write up did help. I ran the red wire to the Brown wire (next to the battery) that goes to the the brake light. While I was in there I disabled the FI light (C46) that popped up last week. Thanks to all the instructions on this forum I saved a bunch of coin.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

  11. #69
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazdvl View Post
    Should've installed a Fuzeblock FZ -1 at the same time. Would've solved the problem.
    Sheesh Shane, I thought you were supposed to be schooling me on the Nine! Haha!


    Taz
    Jesh between you and Rick...LOL.
    Wasnt mine. Fellow board member. He doesnt plan on putting alot of aftermarket stuff on so I just used a posi-tap as far as I could on the tail light wiring. When we get together again, Ill run a longer wire to the back.

    One thing I found about my fuse block is that water is splashing on the bottom of it and corroding some. Gonna have to find something to prevent it.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  12. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Jesh between you and Rick...LOL.
    Wasnt mine. Fellow board member. He doesnt plan on putting alot of aftermarket stuff on so I just used a posi-tap as far as I could on the tail light wiring. When we get together again, Ill run a longer wire to the back.

    One thing I found about my fuse block is that water is splashing on the bottom of it and corroding some. Gonna have to find something to prevent it.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Ya can lead a horse to water BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,




  13. #71
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Ya can lead a horse to water BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Lol...:cool:

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  14. #72
    Member Theowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    26

    Default finally ....

    Finally i installed on my m1800r the x-tre .
    This guide was really helpful !

    If you don't mind, i give my little contribution ...

    To connect the red power wire in a 12v switched , is possible use the orange green wire from spare white connector , located near ECU as show in the picture .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6760.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	308641  

  15. #73
    Very Active Member "Hunter"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theowl View Post
    Finally i installed on my m1800r the x-tre .
    This guide was really helpful !

    If you don't mind, i give my little contribution ...

    To connect the red power wire in a 12v switched , is possible use the orange green wire from spare white connector , located near ECU as show in the picture .

    now do not know if that will give effect
    if you and OBD will connect

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWcETjsJDSw

    Suzuki OBD Tool (On Board Diagnostics)
    Last edited by "Hunter"; 03-11-2016 at 11:59 AM.
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun


  16. #74
    Member Theowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Hunter" View Post
    now do not know if that will give effect
    if you and OBD will connect

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWcETjsJDSw

    Suzuki OBD Tool (On Board Diagnostics)
    No problem , because the orange / green cable is the common switched 12v , i checked the service manual .

  17. #75
    Very Active Member "Hunter"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theowl View Post
    No problem , because the orange / green cable is the common switched 12v , i checked the service manual .
    I prefer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000015.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	308865  
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun


  18. #76
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    94

    Default Anyone ever have any issues?

    Hey there, just wanted to ask a question... Anyone ever run into any negative issues while running these? Spoke to one of the parts guys at my dealership and he recommended against this modification... Saying he has heard a number of horror stories about them...?

    I have not seen anything negative from the reading I have done so far and I want the most/best out of this bike!

    Anyway, I am not overly worried about my warranty or anything like that as I only have a short one anyway as it kept the price down... And the Suzi guy certainly did not say anything about an issue with warranty...

    just wanted to know if anyone had a "scary" story to tell?

  19. #77
    Very Active Member Snowblind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Summerside, PEI, Canada
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleehammer View Post
    Hey there, just wanted to ask a question... Anyone ever run into any negative issues while running these? Spoke to one of the parts guys at my dealership and he recommended against this modification... Saying he has heard a number of horror stories about them...?

    I have not seen anything negative from the reading I have done so far and I want the most/best out of this bike!

    Anyway, I am not overly worried about my warranty or anything like that as I only have a short one anyway as it kept the price down... And the Suzi guy certainly did not say anything about an issue with warranty...

    just wanted to know if anyone had a "scary" story to tell?
    Haven't heard of any issues with this one. It's plug and play, so if something does happen you can remove it and carry on riding without much fuss. Side note - I'm running it and find that it works splendidly.

  20. #78
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    4,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
    Haven't heard of any issues with this one. It's plug and play, so if something does happen you can remove it and carry on riding without much fuss. Side note - I'm running it and find that it works splendidly.
    One of the best mods you can do.

  21. #79
    Very Active Member GRUMPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    One of the best mods you can do.
    I'll second that! Been running mine since 2012!

    BOTM - January 2016
    2011 M109R LE....Not quite stock!
    I'm only GRUMPY when I'm not riding 1SICK9!

  22. #80
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Ordered today! Damn, I supposed to be slowing down with the spending!

  23. #81
    Very Active Member thevili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fergus, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleehammer View Post
    Ordered today! Damn, I supposed to be slowing down with the spending!
    And you should ask the "dealer parts guy with horror stories" to specify at least one of them,....
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

  24. #82
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    And you should ask the "dealer parts guy with horror stories" to specify at least one of them,....
    Well... I kind of expected him to throw out the old "no warranty card but he didn't. I guess that's because I really don't have one (well only a really short one anyway).

    To be honest it appears the dealership really knows less than nothing about their bikes. From what I can gather they barely even ride them. I did not pressure the point at the time... But that has been my overall experience.

    This is would not be the first time that I have found that the experts on a product are the owners themselves and the best / right place to find out the straight goods is to talk to them and learn from them directly.

    Its on order, shipped today! I will attempt the install as soon as I can!

  25. #83
    Very Active Member T-peezie 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    olive branch , ms
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Any idea as to why mine would have stopped working.

    Got on the bike last night to head home from work and the gear indicator showed 4 like the gman is not there. And the bike is back to that 2nd gear clunk and hard shift.

    Just wondering where i should maybe start looking. And a reason why it stopped after sitting for an eight hour work shift.

    Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

  26. #84
    Very Active Member Tazdvl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    Check the connections to the wires running to your ECM harness first. That would be most likely reason for the gear indicator not functioning.

    As far as the clunk, I don't remember my X-TRE changing the clunk.


    Taz
    ----------------------------------
    Taz
    ----------------------------------
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

  27. #85
    Very Active Member T-peezie 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    olive branch , ms
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Ok the clunk was still there but to me it was not as hard. I will check on it tomorrow before work. Thanks Taz

    Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

  28. #86
    Active Member Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Windsor
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Great write up. Had me looking for a damn pink wire ! Finally realized it's the only connector that shape. I immediately noticed the difference in the low gear shifting. 2 thumbs up. Thanks again !

  29. #87
    Very Active Member wiskeythrottle505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,403

    Default


  30. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Splendora
    Posts
    1

    Default New to the forum

    I got a new zero miles 2014 M109r B.O.S.S. in April of this year. I could tell something was not right on first ride but thought it was the new bike ride. Then found this forum and came upon this tread. I ordered the health tech X-tre. Thanks to the great write up and pics installed it Yesterday. Now I'm loving the way it rides. Thanks again for the write up and great pics.

  31. #89
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Hunter" View Post
    I prefer
    so you connected the X-TRE power line into the Alarm switch?

  32. #90
    Very Active Member "Hunter"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 280er View Post
    so you connected the X-TRE power line into the Alarm switch?
    not the alarm switch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	335378  
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •