M109 Rider Forums banner

Suggestions for headlight?

797 views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Ricochet48 
#1 ·
I am used to using the PIAA Extreme White bulbs on my SUVs but they do burn-out quickly from vibrations and such. Has anybody used them on the 9?
I don't want HID more of a brighter light instead. I don't want that bluish hue as well. Thanks in advance. It's going to be 40F next week in Chicago. :)

Ray
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I've had the PIAA, either Extreme White or Hyper White, don't recall which, in mine for a couple years. Much better than stock and not quite as bright as HID, but dependable. Whatever I have is the ones that the tip of the bulb has a light bluish tint on it, but it doesn't show up in the light.

#10 ·
I did see some on eBay that had something on the case that was specific to motorcycles or at least it listed that. I did not know if that was just good marketing or the truth. ;) The ones on my car are the Xtreme Whites but it seems like it last only 2 years and only one goes out at a time.

Ray

#12 ·
Alright, I think I have all the info this time. I went out to the shop and got the package. :D

They are PIAA Powersport H4 Xtreme White Plus bulbs, and it has "Anti-Vibration Bulb" on the side of the package. And it says Extreme Cool Blue White Light, though the only time I see any blue in them is when looking at the light, it doesn't give that bluish look that 6000K HID's do. And this was a twin pack, I got that as my wife's bike uses the same H4 bulb. Part Number 70856, H4 12V 60/55W = 110/100W. 4000 Kelvin color temp.

I guess the anti-vibration tag means they do make them different for motorcycles. And I bought these in August 2011, so they've been in use a little over 2 years now.

#13 ·
Haha thanks for running out to the shop. I will pick these up first since I am guessing it will take sometime for me to upgrade to the Cree LEDs. My first 9 and I don't know where to begin with all the cool mods out there.

Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.