M109 Rider Forums banner

Fellow Wide Open Customs fairing owners...m

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  koolkid203 
#1 ·
I know there's a wide range of opinions to a fairing in general on the 9, but after years of riding my previous bike with a windshield, Im not ready to lose that comfort on my new 9 lol. Anyways, I just got my fairing and was in the middle of doing the test fit when I realized just how accurate WOC was when they called it "a tight fit" around the factory headlight cover. My question is to those that have one, does it take a good amount of flexing to get it around the headlight, or am I in the category of people that there's a reason to do a test fit be for you paint it? If it takes a little more effort than just slipping it on then I'll try some more. But it looks like there's about a 1/4"+ on each side before the brackets make it around the very end of the light cover. If I scratch the paint before I even get to ride it, I'll probably puke. Thoughts?

#3 ·
GREAT idea

I TOTALLY AGREE......

#4 ·
I think that on their site it talks about putting foam tape along that surface to avoid rubbing or scratching the paint. I'm sure that someone that has one will speak up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.