M109 Rider Forums banner

New to the board

2K views 30 replies 28 participants last post by  TORQ 
#1 ·
I have been lurking around this site for a while and decided is was about time to join. I traded my FJR1300 for a new M109r back in September. I got the red one. Yeah I know a lot of people do not like this color scheme, but you should not shame it until you see it in the sun. The metal flake in the paint makes the color really pop out.

I am in Timberlake, NC and have seen a couple of M109s around the area. Hope this pic works

See less See more
#5 ·
:congrats: & :welcome: to the Family! You are 39 miles north of me. Watch the NC/SC forum for there are several riders in the RDU area.

#7 ·
:welcome:

Glad to have you aboard the crazy train.

The "You should see it in person" theme of these bikes is not limited to the new red.

When I originally bought my white one having only seen pictures online I had already made arrangements to get it painted. That was until I saw it in person and realized it was an awesome deep pearl. I love my 9 just the way it is.

One of the other members has the red like yours and bought the Corbin bags and fairing and it looks amazing.

Have a great time making it your own and an even better time riding it.
Since you have been lurking you should already know that we have a great group on here who are ready to help out when ever you are in need.

#8 ·
Congratz & Welcome... 2 things that you need to do... 1ST... Let the MODS began ( I warn you that this will be you after a while, she is very demanding... Cartoon Food Gesture Font Sharing
& 2ND... Ride it like you stole it.....

#9 ·
Congrats and welcome. Most of my family lives in Timberlake, N.C.. I have a house in Rougemont near the Person County Dragway and Landfield. I go to church in Timberlake and am up there every week. As stated earlier, keep and eye on the N.C. section, we always have something going on.

#19 ·
Wecome to the forum and congratz in the bike.

Don't let these clowns talk you into modding the bike. Its bad to the bone just the way it is. You'll spend plenty on tires, oil, filters anr gas.

Don't sit there and look at it, RIDE IT. If its new you don't want to drive it like you stoll it. Love your bike. It will love you back.

#25 ·
Congrats on the bike...

No matter what some on the forum think of red.... everyone i've spotted staring at it in parking lots and riding down the road... dont seem to mind.

red is the fastest color so expect others to be jelly...

#26 ·
:congrats::welcome: Enjoy the ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.