M109 Rider Forums banner

up grades to109

4K views 35 replies 30 participants last post by  waytootall67 
#1 ·
Recently made some upgrade to 2013 and looking to put engine guards and peg. Also looking for someone who know of an extender to move factory footers out a couple of. Inches.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking good. You are ready for the long trips. My wife would love a set up like that. What kind of seat is that? I have a Corbin and it's hard as a rock. That one looks mighty comfy which is what my wife wants.:bigthumbsup:

#4 ·
Those are Corbins

#8 ·
:agree:

#13 ·
You did a great job because everyone hated this color and now there's no mention :joke:

#18 ·
#20 ·
Looks great and the fairing and bags match :bigthumbsup: That is by far the best and fastest color on the 109 they have used IMHO.

I also love the lines on the seat. Since you turned it into a touring bike you really need floorboards like others have said.

#27 ·
That was fast, the bike just came out and you have wing and bags already. Is that a 2014 or is that the 2013 color?
That's the 2013 LE color.

#33 ·
109 upgrades

hey guys thanks for the insight and the coments. I have thought about the floor boards but haven't found any that i can extend to fit my long legs and still be safe. all of the mods were done by corbin. i explainded to him the need for a comfortable seat and he made this one. i have to say it is sweet. he has now produced the molds for 2006 and up for the front fairing and bags. the driver seat and back rest is new also and it is adjustable so you can get comfy. the nice part of this is the sickers are not stickers they were painted to match the bike. if anyone can advise of the peg extenders that will just bolt on and not require moving all the lines i would appriciate it. also with the boards i definately want to get them for the wife as well. still a work in progress and appriciate all of the help. i think i have narrowed the engine guards down to the oem they look nice in pictures. if anyone has they do you like how they look.

let me know.

#35 ·
hey guys thanks for the insight and the coments. I have thought about the floor boards but haven't found any that i can extend to fit my long legs and still be safe. all of the mods were done by corbin. i explainded to him the need for a comfortable seat and he made this one. i have to say it is sweet. he has now produced the molds for 2006 and up for the front fairing and bags. the driver seat and back rest is new also and it is adjustable so you can get comfy. the nice part of this is the sickers are not stickers they were painted to match the bike. if anyone can advise of the peg extenders that will just bolt on and not require moving all the lines i would appriciate it. also with the boards i definately want to get them for the wife as well. still a work in progress and appriciate all of the help. i think i have narrowed the engine guards down to the oem they look nice in pictures. if anyone has they do you like how they look.

let me know.
I am 6'8" and I have these and for me they work really well, and way cheaper than forward controls.

http://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?partID=214016

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.