Clear integrated tail light...are there any good ones?

Thread: Clear integrated tail light...are there any good ones?

Default Clear integrated tail light...are there any good ones?

I searched tons of sites, read many mixed reviews and searched these forums; all I can find are post about how terrible the Clear Alternative and Moto versions are.

I've seen the how-to about putting a clear lens on the stock light, but I'd much rather have the intergrated turn signals (unless I can find a Knight Rider led strip with turn signal feature).

So, is there anywhere to purchase a clear integrated tail light that is reliable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Negative if there from ebay they're garbage. I know you've seen that I'm selling the smoke one from D2motto but it's not integrated.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

We have two of the lights

with over 20 thousand miles on the bike..have no problem at all with either one.
    Their first generation was bad with vibration issuses..I would buy from them again
    Last edited by stepink104; 01-30-2014 at 08:57 AM.
    Kenny
    THE UGLY TRUTH...................

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

D2moto ones are fine. Some go bad due to bad solder joints, but Trod and a few others have successfully fixed them.

I strongly suggest the tinted one though as the regular clear is very hard for people to see the brake lights and turn signals in direct sun. I got rid of mine due to that reason, but had 10k miles on it and it worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by BigpapaM109 View Post
    D2moto ones are fine. Some go bad due to bad solder joints, but Trod and a few others have successfully fixed them.

I strongly suggest the tinted one though as the regular clear is very hard for people to see the brake lights and turn signals in direct sun. I got rid of mine due to that reason, but had 10k miles on it and it worked great.
    I find that interesting. I have the clear d2moto without the integrated signals and it's the brightest tail light I have seen on a bike. I got a friend to ride my bike on a bright sunny day and you couldn't miss it. Mine is only a few months old so maybe they have improved them recently.

Sent from my pocket size microwave emitter.
    A man would be more interested in a womans mind if it bounced gently as she walked.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by avago View Post
    I find that interesting. I have the clear d2moto without the integrated signals and it's the brightest tail light I have seen on a bike. I got a friend to ride my bike on a bright sunny day and you couldn't miss it. Mine is only a few months old so maybe they have improved them recently.

Guaranteed they have not improved them. Ok, in your case, the fact that you don't have the integrated signals explains a lot. If you look at yours, you have 2 leds for each block. The integrated taillight uses 1 led for each block on for signal part, which are amber. Just guessing but you are probably down 20% in red leds by the integrated signals.

I have a clear D2Moto without the signals. A friend with another 06 M109R rides behind me all the time, says he has no problem seeing my tail and brake lights. I've had it for like three years now and it still works flawlessly, unlike the three CA lights I had, that never much made it past six months before something quit including the brake lights.

I'd buy another D2 without question.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by BigpapaM109 View Post
    Guaranteed they have not improved them. Ok, in your case, the fact that you don't have the integrated signals explains a lot. If you look at yours, you have 2 leds for each block. The integrated taillight uses 1 led for each block on for signal part, which are amber. Just guessing but you are probably down 20% in red leds by the integrated signals.
    True. A couple of friends have had integrated ones and both have returned to having separate indicators due to the integrated lights not being very visible. I'll post a couple of pics later of mine so the op can see for himself.

A man would be more interested in a womans mind if it bounced gently as she walked.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I have a clear D2Moto without the signals. A friend with another 06 M109R rides behind me all the time, says he has no problem seeing my tail and brake lights. I've had it for like three years now and it still works flawlessly, unlike the three CA lights I had, that never much made it past six months before something quit including the brake lights.

I'd buy another D2 without question.
    I agree, without the signals it is definitely brighter than even stock. My issue was nobody could see the signals on the clear as the inside body is chrome and reflected sun light. Then, each of the doubles that you have for brakes, one was used for the amber down each side so it was completely washed out. Mary was getting frustrated because she could never tell when I wanted to turn unless I told her in the bluetooth.

I had the clear integrated on my 9 and never had a problem until I tinted it with VHT nightshades. I put one too many coats on which makes it tough to see sometimes. but with two coats it was actually easier to see in the sun than clear, never an issue with breaking or not lighting up
    the probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-08-09-...-/350968755962

you could just buy a stock LE tail light.

-Josh

Default D2

D2 looks great, when it works. I'm on my second one now.

Will D2 ever bring back the smoked integraded tail light?

I have Rainey's on my bike and love it ! Last I check D2 Moto was not selling the integrated tail light anymore. I have the nightrider with turn signals as well

Very Active Member

I'm using the TMS smoked taillight with integrated signals but i also installed a pair of very small tinted but bright LED signals which can be seen at any time. I got the tail light from Amazon by and so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-08-09-...-/350968755962

you could just buy a stock LE tail light.

-Josh

thats what i always thought Josh...Not to many people go this route though. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by mann75 View Post
    thats what i always thought Josh...Not to many people go this route though. I wonder why?
    Probably not many used ones available and they are sure to be very expensive to buy from Suzuki. I would grab that one from the link Josh provided.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmann00 View Post
    Probably not many used ones available and they are sure to be very expensive to buy from Suzuki. I would grab that one from the link Josh provided.
    That one on ebay was a very good deal, hope someone on here got it. That also had the Highway Hawk chrome surround on it that runs around $40 alone. I bought one off here a few years ago with the surround and paid $100 for it and it was a deal at the time.