police state, Queensland Australia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: police state, Queensland Australia

Default police state, Queensland Australia

We had new anti bikie laws introduced in the state I live in here in Australia, government said will only effect 1%ers, they lied and now it's getting worse. Here's a link to a YouTube vid from member of the Misfits Social Motorcycle Club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TMOiMopMCU

Guv
    Member of Patriots Australia Western Ranges Chapter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Doesn't help having a name like misfits does it ?

Very Active Member rockfordrider's Avatar

OMG! I thought we had problems here now I'm thankful.

Bully Bagger

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Wow that's ridiculous! 4 cops to question 1 guy doing nothing but riding. Is there a big problem down there w/ 1% MC's?

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Bikie crime only accounts for 4% of all crime in my state. It's just that it became politically good for our premier to be seen to do something about it. Government have a plan to do background on people in the building industry now, to check if they have 1%er ties. They've gone mad!

guv

I thought misfit was part of 1% groups.

Default Very astute, Narendra…..

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    I thought misfit was part of 1% groups.
    It does not appear to be a 1%'er club, …..yet...

But have a look at the membership requirements of the Misfit club web site, which indicates they are similar to a support or puppet club.

- "100% committed" usually means committed to the club before family and friends - common among, and required by, 1%ers;

- "All Patches belong to the club and must be returned" - again, a similar custom to the HA's & Bandido's & other 1%ers, who have their images trademarked, and all such items belong to the club;

- "membership in the U.M.C.Q. required". U.M.C.Q has, as it's membership group, all of the top 1% clubs as well as support clubs.

Knowing what I know, and living in an area that is controlled solely by Red & White with a network of support clubs, it would appear that the police are trying to establish what side this guy is on. While it looks like it's a slow day in policing in that area for sure, they were polite and respectful.

Remember, the history of the Gent taking the video is unknown to the viewers. Perhaps there is more known by the police.

I sympathize with the uneducated viewer, who feels this may be somewhat over zealous.

But in a place where 1%ers may be getting started, it would serve the public well for the police to know, and find out who's who in the zoo. In fact, it is their duty to know, or find out.

Many 'citizens' complain when they get a traffic ticket…"why aren't the police out chasing the real bad guys"…..well, here is an example. The author of the video may not be a bad guy, but the police are out looking, and ultimately that is what the public expects.

Soon to be coming to a state near you, Just because you might know someone, or look like someone, even though you are doing nothing wrong, you will be, detained. penalized, and persecuted. What's next? Driving red cars, having a beard, long hair, missing a tooth, or going barefoot going to get you stopped by the poolice?

Your freedom is lost only to make you feel secure. Trust me, you are not secure when you can be harassed by the very government agency that is supposed to be keeping you secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Play View Post
    having a beard, long hair, missing a tooth, or going barefoot going to get you stopped by the poolice?
    If those are the requirements to be stopped, I suspect you get stopped all the time.

What happened to peoples rights ?those cops were well out of order

how many cops does it take
    very slightly modified

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    It does not appear to be a 1%'er club, …..yet...

But have a look at the membership requirements of the Misfit club web site, which indicates they are similar to a support or puppet club.

- "100% committed" usually means committed to the club before family and friends - common among, and required by, 1%ers;

- "All Patches belong to the club and must be returned" - again, a similar custom to the HA's & Bandido's & other 1%ers, who have their images trademarked, and all such items belong to the club;

- "membership in the U.M.C.Q. required". U.M.C.Q has, as it's membership group, all of the top 1% clubs as well as support clubs.

Knowing what I know, and living in an area that is controlled solely by Red & White with a network of support clubs, it would appear that the police are trying to establish what side this guy is on. While it looks like it's a slow day in policing in that area for sure, they were polite and respectful.

Remember, the history of the Gent taking the video is unknown to the viewers. Perhaps there is more known by the police.

I sympathize with the uneducated viewer, who feels this may be somewhat over zealous.

But in a place where 1%ers may be getting started, it would serve the public well for the police to know, and find out who's who in the zoo. In fact, it is their duty to know, or find out.

Many 'citizens' complain when they get a traffic ticket…"why aren't the police out chasing the real bad guys"…..well, here is an example. The author of the video may not be a bad guy, but the police are out looking, and ultimately that is what the public expects.
    Agree! It's easy for us to sit here and judge a 10 min video, I'd love to know the outcome .

So now being a member of a club means they can do what they like how about innocent until you commit a crime
    very slightly modified

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jhorsf View Post
    What happened to peoples rights ?those cops were well out of order

how many cops does it take
    How do you know they were out of order? You seen 10 mins of footage .

He couldn't even tell the coppers where he worked ..... People who have nothing to hide hide nothing.

Would probably take the coppers 5 minutes to find out where he works anyway ....,If he works .

Very Active Member geofftl1000r's Avatar

So now being a member of a club means they can do what they like how about innocent until you commit a crime
    Since only the courts can decide if you are guilty of committing a crime, then the police can never hassle anyone? So how do we police crime?

Riding around advertising a club (misfits) that seems to be similar in membership requirements as clubs the new laws are out to police, seems like a daft move, if you don't want to be harassed. Be interesting if other riders not displaying patches are being stopped in the same way.

If you need to promote the 'I'm a bad ass biker' image, you kinda gotta expect to put up with the hassles that go with that 'cool' image.

I pass a police inspection point at least every few months, never been pulled for inspection, even when on my TLR with extremely loud race system booming away. But then I dress like a commuter going to/from work not a clone from the 'bad boys' of Harley fame.

I wish the police would leave all bikers alone but then I also wish bikers wouldn't steal bikes!!! Especially from ME!

Ur normally innocent also till they catch u selling drugs committing murders rape etc.

Like said most of these videos are by idiots who provoke the scenes so they can get hits on youtube.
    And yes these sites are monitized so many more hits more money for uploader. More contraversy more money.

not every cop is 100% right all the time but posted stuff like this is all to initiate more views.

Banned

Default Video of police sticking gun in !McDonalds employee face for taking too long

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Rick bro whats the connection to this post...

Well, just based on the vid, the cops appear to be going too far for just one guy. Maybe they were expecting other members to show up. I dunno. I think he says that he's been stopped some 20 or more times. That seems a little extreme.

There are lots of MC clubs named misfits. A number in the US at least one in the UK and the one he belongs to in Australia. I looked at their website and don't see they are anything but a bunch of riders getting together. But, of course, a website can be whatever they want it to. The deal with the patch belonging to them is fine. They don't want some jackass wearing their patch doing stupid stuff and it reflecting on them. I get that.

Seems like overkill but we only know what's in the vid. I just think the cops have a lot better stuff to do than commit 6 or 7 or 8 or whatever number there were to harassing one guy.

There is a list that the cops are supposed to use to identify a 1% club, they can't read.

My club, Patriots Australia, a current and ex-military motorcycle club (MMC) also owns our breast plate, not the members. They pull a motorcyclist over make you show them your tattoos looking for 1% markings just in case they aren't wearing their colours. meanwhile we put up with the above normal attention from cops interrupting our freedom.

Guv

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    Rick bro whats the connection to this post...
    Ahhh police state N, If its any of your business BROOOOOOOO

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226800630728

QUEENSLAND'S police commissioner has again apologised to law-abiding motorcyclists after one rider said he'd been pulled over 21 times since the bikie crackdown began.
    very slightly modified

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226800630728

QUEENSLAND'S police commissioner has again apologised to law-abiding motorcyclists after one rider said he'd been pulled over 21 times since the bikie crackdown began.
    I would have told them to fvck off a long time prior to 10 mins.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post
    Of course you would lol

Very Active Member

I think you will find the misfits are a 10% 'er not 1% .There's a huge difference. These laws clearly do not relate only to bikies. they will apply them to anyone they want to suit their own needs at the time. The laws say any associasion whether legal or illegal.They are prohibitting bikies from working in certain industries including construction or any work that requires a licence such as plumbing or electrical. These laws are broad enough to affect all bike riders and all presumption of innocence is gone. The govt has stated they will arrest any returned soldiers who are associated (not necessarily members) of any of the outlawed groups if they march on our ANZAC day which I think is a bit like your memorial day.Unfortunately TOO many people are burying their heads in the sand on this one.

watch this if it works.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151909216343226
    Last edited by Buffalo114; 01-13-2014 at 03:15 AM.

Totally agree Buff, This will not end well, if pushed enough the ANZAC spirit will push a whole lot harder back.

Guv

Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post
    Since you're a LEO, how would you have handled it if you had been stopped? I know the laws are diff over here but what would you suggest?

Very Active Member purvistechie's Avatar

Next thing you know, they'll take guns away from law abiding citizens over there too.......................oh.....wait.......

Allowing laws to be put on the books because "it won't affect me", big mistake. Happens here all the time too, you are not alone. It's all in what the government can "slip by" while we're not paying attention.

OLD - RED 07 loaded, NEW - 2015 StreetGlide Special Black Denim Dropped Bags, CVO Rear Fender, Passenger Boards, Chop Tour Pack, Driver Back Rest, Stage 3 BOOM! Audio, Full Sac Headers, Tuner, Exhaust.

I think it was Jefferson or Franklin who said "Anyone who gives up liberty for security deserves neither and will ultimately lose both."

Watched a few episodes of Devil's Ride this weekend. About a CA MC club called Laffin Devils (I think that's right). Whole thing was laughable. The supposed "military" inspired group claimed to be some sort of hard a$$ bunch devoted to each other through thick and thin. Wasn't even close to that. Small bunch of tough guy wannabes. If they're any indication of what a MC club is I'll just stay away. Much better to just ride with people that don't have to pretend to be pri_ks just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The M View Post
    I think it was Jefferson or Franklin who said "Anyone who gives up liberty for security deserves neither and will ultimately lose both."
    Exactly!

Ben Franklin Quotes

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    Ben Franklin

”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.”

”He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.”

”He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.”

”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.”

”If we restrict liberty to attain security we will lose them both.”

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”