How to install SHARP CURVE RADIUS exhaust
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to install SHARP CURVE RADIUS exhaust

Default How to install SHARP CURVE RADIUS exhaust

I have ordered a SHARP CURVE RADIUS exhaust, have not received it yet.
    Sent an email to Freedom Performance Customer Support and asked for the install instruction.

Here is the pdf file they have sent and I want to share here:
    http://www.4shared.com/office/0jYsbs...00005_IN.html?
    Last edited by M-109-Rider; 01-01-2014 at 09:13 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I like very ,uch this exhaust but i dónt know the real noise (hight or low sound).
    Other problem is the O2 sensor (don´t have).

Listen to its sound:
    http://youtu.be/kjgC5oi37J0

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

nice sound.
    Have heat shields?

Very Active Member

I installed mine in September. It was the first exhaust I've installed and found it pretty easy to do. It may have taken an hour or so but that was probably due to fumbling my way through it. I personally think it sound great, much louder than the stock exhaust.

Very Active Member

have a exhaust baffle?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark1800 View Post
    nice sound.
    Have heat shields?
    No, they get very hot.

have a exhaust baffle?
    No baffle. But there is baffle for installing on them from manufacturer.

Its got heat shield and baffles inside. Removing them is a very involve process unless you have access to a press.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member

I am very confused.

For me, is necesary put the O2 sensor (lambda sensor) because hera have an European normative.
    I need drill the and soldering the O2 port in the exhaust.
    Them, is necesary soldering on the crhome paint? If had a scratch... hven´t heat shiel remplacement?

look this picture:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1007_hrbp_07_z%2Bmgs_custom_bikes_true_dual_exhaust_system%2Bo2_sensors_removed.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	132769

The O2 sensor soldering in the ungly exhaust location....

Couldnt you just installed an O2 eliminator?

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tigz View Post
    Couldnt you just installed an O2 eliminator?

Not possible. The motorcycle not was fine and is necesary put a FI Procesor.
    other problem is the cops

Not possible. The motorcycle not was fine and is necesary put a FI Procesor.
    other problem is the cops
    Shark, si no tienes modificados los filtros por otros, pon el escape directo y ponle los anuladores de las sondas. No te compliques.

Very Active Member

Thank you Valdemar but i talk whit the Freedom people and said that it´s possible install the O2 ports.
    If i intall the ports i save 400USB (Cobra FI).

Only need detailed photos of the exhaust.

If you install only exhaust without open air intake system. Its not necessary install the cobra F1 . I have only installed the exhaust without f1 cobra and run perfect.
    F1 cobra is recommendend when you change the exhaust and the air intakes.
    Last edited by Valdemar; 01-16-2014 at 06:03 AM.

I've installed the sensor eliminators and de Cobra PowrPro. Its runs fine. No problem with the popo!

I can not for the life of me get the front header and muffler to get anywhere nere the bracket?
    I have tried all angles twists and swaped muffs arround and no luck. I have been trying so long I actually think I have the wrong parts...any ideas..2015 boss... has anything changed on this years modle to make bracket sit back further? ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1435144412228.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	270714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1435144431457.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	270722Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1435144450601.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	270730

I want to change the stock exhaust with one from freedom performance and also to change the stock air filters with K&N air filters type. If I will install the O2 senzor in this Freedom performance exhaust do I still need a fuel procesor ?

Quote Originally Posted by stefantataru View Post
    I want to change the stock exhaust with one from freedom performance and also to change the stock air filters with K&N air filters type. If I will install the O2 senzor in this Freedom performance exhaust do I still need a fuel procesor ?
    No need for fuel procesor if you changing pipes only. If you changing or opening your air intakes you do need one.

Hey Guys, did anyone save the install pdf that was attached to the link in the first post. Im getting ready to install a set of sharp curve on my 19. I actually did the install once on my 09, i really just need to see how the mounting bracket goes....
    If anyone has the pdf or could just, if you have this exhaust, post pictures of how the bracket is installed, i would appreciate it.
    Pipes did not come with instructions this time....

Thanks, Mike
    Last edited by 06MrMike; 03-14-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 06MrMike View Post
    Hey Guys, did anyone save the install pdf that was attached to the link in the first post. Im getting ready to install a set of sharp curve on my 19. I actually did the install once on my 09, i really just need to see how the mounting bracket goes....
    If anyone has the pdf or could just, if you have this exhaust, post pictures of how the bracket is installed, i would appreciate it.

Thanks, Mike
    no one can take a picture of the bracket for me?

Thanks, Mike

It won't let me upload it, but there is an Instruction Manuel on Dennis Kirk's site. Look up the freedom exhaust for your 109, and scroll down to Product Details. It's in a box to the right labeled "Resources & Manuals". There are some photos in it, but my connection is terrible. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by V2Guido View Post
    It won't let me upload it, but there is an Instruction Manuel on Dennis Kirk's site. Look up the freedom exhaust for your 109, and scroll down to Product Details. It's in a box to the right labeled "Resources & Manuals". There are some photos in it, but my connection is terrible. Hope this helps!
    thanks for the reply, another member sent me the pdf with instructions

Mike

thanks for the reply, another member sent me the pdf with instructions

Mike

Good deal, Mike! Glad to hear. I may need that file from you. I am also interested in Freedom's Sharp Curves. Actually, I'm torn between those and Cobra's Black Speedster Swept System. Dennis Kirk has both (that's how I found the installation manual). Not enough difference in price to sway one way or the other, $765 and $700, respectively. Post some photos and a sound byte, if you can!

Good deal, Mike! Glad to hear. I may need that file from you. I am also interested in Freedom's Sharp Curves. Actually, I'm torn between those and Cobra's Black Speedster Swept System. Dennis Kirk has both (that's how I found the installation manual). Not enough difference in price to sway one way or the other, $765 and $700, respectively. Post some photos and a sound byte, if you can!

im riding my third 109, ive had vance and hines, cobra curve and the freedom performance, i can tell you from my own experience the freedoms have the best sound hands down!! The only one i havent had or heard in person are the velocity pro and im told they sound awsome.

Mike

im riding my third 109, ive had vance and hines, cobra curve and the freedom performance, i can tell you from my own experience the freedoms have the best sound hands down!! The only one i havent had or heard in person are the velocity pro and im told they sound awsome.

Mike

i just ordered the freedom 2 into 1 turnout for my 9 after hearing em online. sound incredible. but a steep price tag for sure. just ordered em. they say it takes 4 weeks to make em. so I'm just waiting...

Mike

Cool! Thanks Mike. I've been looking at Freedom's Sharp Curve and Cobra Black Speedster Swept. I'm also trying to think of performance. I'm not sure, but I'm worried she may loose some low end with the Sharp Curves. But she still needs to sound like she looks!! Post back with some results. Hell, maybe we can coerce BCS into a Sharp Curve tune?!? If he hasn't done one already...I've been under a rock for a bit. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RFM1009 View Post
    i just ordered the freedom 2 into 1 turnout for my 9 after hearing em online. sound incredible. but a steep price tag for sure. just ordered em. they say it takes 4 weeks to make em. so I'm just waiting...

Steep price or not, I don't think I could stand waiting 4 weeks to get them! That is brutal! I'll have to give a listen. Those things remind me of the Corvettes way back in the day. Definitely post some pics when you get them.

Can anyone send pics of the location where the O2 sensors would go, Please? I bought the Sharp Curves but need to put in the bungs for my Autotune. 1 for each pipe. I cant find anywhere online. Ive tried to contact Freedom but keep getting put on hold and never picked back up. I cant even find a link on their site to Email them, only phone & address. Thanks for any help!
    K&N Intake, Vance & Hines Big Shots, PC3, JSD,Shift kit Evo Star, Gel Seats, Smoked Lenses, Iso Grips with Spikes, De-Beavered, Highway Bars, Stainless Swing Arm Cover, Kewl Metal 2" Risers and end cap tach mount, Barnett Clutch and Throttle Cables,Pair Valve Block Off Kit, Bio-Hazard Derby Cover, CA Integrated Taillight, Webslinger speedo & Tach, Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Kuryo Skull Pegs,03:05 AM BlkM109r Paint Job

Quote Originally Posted by lostbones View Post
    Can anyone send pics of the location where the O2 sensors would go, Please? I bought the Sharp Curves but need to put in the bungs for my Autotune. 1 for each pipe. I cant find anywhere online. Ive tried to contact Freedom but keep getting put on hold and never picked back up. I cant even find a link on their site to Email them, only phone & address. Thanks for any help!
    Picture shows European M109R exhaust with O2 sensors.
    Hope this will help you with your approximate locations ....:
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...=1#post3485786

Thanks thatll help alot! I appreciate the help. Now lets hope everything goes together correctly the 1st time.
    K&N Intake, Vance & Hines Big Shots, PC3, JSD,Shift kit Evo Star, Gel Seats, Smoked Lenses, Iso Grips with Spikes, De-Beavered, Highway Bars, Stainless Swing Arm Cover, Kewl Metal 2" Risers and end cap tach mount, Barnett Clutch and Throttle Cables,Pair Valve Block Off Kit, Bio-Hazard Derby Cover, CA Integrated Taillight, Webslinger speedo & Tach, Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Kuryo Skull Pegs,03:05 AM BlkM109r Paint Job