Forums problems

Thread: Forums problems

Very Active Member hitchiker1959's Avatar

Default Forums problems

hi guys don't know if I have posted in right section but I am having a problem writing on the messages and threads it doing strange things like missing letters off not wanting to write ect.. and its only happening on the forum have I got something switched on that shouldn't be ? and I cant put a smiley on
    YOU CAN TAKE MY LIFE BUT NOT MY FREEDOM

CUSTOM GRIPS,STEBEL,FOOTRESTS,K&Ns,CUSTOM SEATS,TRE,GREGS SWINGARM COVER,MODS IN PROGRESS

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Have you checked your puter for malware and viruses? Have you tuned it up lately?
    Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    George Orwell

yes everything is fine only on the forum am I having problems.

CUSTOM GRIPS,STEBEL,FOOTRESTS,K&Ns,CUSTOM SEATS,TRE,GREGS SWINGARM COVER,MODS IN PROGRESS

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I had the same problem for a few days. Hitting keys and it doesn't register. I mentioned it in another thread that I highjacked and no one had a solution. I did hit the button in the top right corner with the 2 "A's" in it and which helped (but you can't put in any emoticons) and then since I have not had a problem.
    Not sure what would cause it but it sure is annoying.
    As I say this it started again. Just hit the button and it has stopped. And now hit it again and it's gone. WTF
    07 Pearl M109R: Cobra Swepts, Chrome Derby Cover, PC III USB, Chrome Swing Arm, Debeavered, Poor Mans Chrome Rad , Debadged, Tach Relocation, White Front Reflectors, Smoked Signal and Brake Lights, Front Signals into LED Driving lights, Holley Intakes, Tricky Air Ride, HID Headlight, TRE, 250 Fat Rear Tire, '11 Black Rims, Painted Rotors, Switchblade pegs, Arlen Ness Grips, ISO rear grips, OEM Crash Bars, Chrome kickstand, and more to come....

Quote Originally Posted by hitchiker1959 View Post
    hi guys don't know if I have posted in right section but I am having a problem writing on the messages and threads it doing strange things like missing letters off not wanting to write ect.. and its only happening on the forum have I got something switched on that shouldn't be ? and I cant put a smiley on
    I'm having the same exact problem with my internet explorer11 in my office.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

That's exactly it which button are you referring to

When you are replying there are all the buttons above that give you the options to change the font or make the letters bold and such. It is the button right above the bold letter B with the A/A on it.
    07 Pearl M109R: Cobra Swepts, Chrome Derby Cover, PC III USB, Chrome Swing Arm, Debeavered, Poor Mans Chrome Rad , Debadged, Tach Relocation, White Front Reflectors, Smoked Signal and Brake Lights, Front Signals into LED Driving lights, Holley Intakes, Tricky Air Ride, HID Headlight, TRE, 250 Fat Rear Tire, '11 Black Rims, Painted Rotors, Switchblade pegs, Arlen Ness Grips, ISO rear grips, OEM Crash Bars, Chrome kickstand, and more to come....

Very Active Member

Moved this to the Support forum so maybe one of the admins can see it and help. This is at least the 3rd post I've seen about the same issue.

The forum has been acting flaky for me today too. Got on today and none of the new posts showed up, they all showed they had been read even though it was 10 hours since I had been on. And the time of the last posts in the sub forums isn't right on the main board, the last post may have been 2 minutes ago and it will show 2 hours, even after refreshing. And I've seen some posts that were deleted by "unregistered", not sure how that happens either.
    Last edited by Board Support-1; 12-08-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Board Support-1 View Post
    Moved this to the Support forum so maybe one of the admins can see it and help. This is at least the 3rd post I've seen about the same issue.

The forum has been acting flaky for me today today. Got on today and none of the new posts showed up, they all showed they had been read even though it was 10 hours since I had been on. And the time of the last posts in the sub forums isn't right on the main board, the last post may have been 2 minutes ago and it will show 2 hours, even after refreshing. And I've seen some posts that were deleted by "unregistered", not sure how that happens either.
    That would be because it was hacked.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Play View Post
    That would be because it was hacked.
    The unregistered part or the main forum last post time not matching what is actually in the sub forums?

I've seen the unregistered before and just assumed it was the new admins. There's 5 of them and they all use the same M109R admin name as their login.

Can you get the IP of unregistered? See if it is even in this country. Are the deletions soft or permanent?

Banned

Can you get the IP of unregistered? See if it is even in this country. Are the deletions soft or permanent?
    I was on a stock forum, back when I day traded for a living and all we had to do was click on the users board name and it would give us his or her IP addy. Man was that useful LOL...............weeded out a lot of spam that way............

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    I was on a stock forum, back when I day traded for a living and all we had to do was click on the users board name and it would give us his or her IP addy. Man was that useful LOL...............weeded out a lot of spam that way............
    Doesn't always work with hackers, I had one site hacked and they came in as Admin, they were a pain to get rid of. They had full privs and had to reset to get rid of them. Took three days to get all the codes out.

Very Active Member

The couple times I've tried it, it gave me a user not found message. No profile or anything. Deletions are soft, I couldn't see them if they were hard deleted.

And it gets more odd. Nemo's BMW S1000RR thread from a couple days ago showed deleted by unregistered. I PM'd him asking him if maybe he deleted it, he hadn't. Then a little later it was back and open. I checked the log when it showed deleted by unregistered and the only entry in it was where I moved it from General to OTE. Did the same after it reappeared and no further log entries.

I checked the moderator board where there were several of them, and none of them now show unregistered. I don't get it.

Going to be an admin thing since you won't have access to the page. Probably find some strange email addresses there that don't belong. They will need to be deleted from there. Need to check the page source in the plugin page of the admin panel.

Quote Originally Posted by some 9 View Post
    I'm having the same exact problem with my internet explorer11 in my office.
    Try clearing you browsers cache. This should resolve the issue for you. Also if you're using IE make sure your in compatabilty mode.

Let me know if you're still having an issue.

- dm, community support

This will help too. It helps clean out a lot of the crap you don't want or need to see or have following you:

How to configure your browser for an advertisement-free browsing experience!

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by M109R admin View Post
    Try clearing you browsers cache. This should resolve the issue for you. Also if you're using IE make sure your in compatabilty mode.

Let me know if you're still having an issue.

- dm, community support
    not sure about how to find were to make sure I in compatabily mode cleared cache but still having problems

Very Active Member

not sure about how to find were to make sure I in compatabily mode cleared cache but still having problems
    In IE, go to the Tools menu and one of the options is Compatibility View. Click on it and it will pop up a window saying you're in compatibility mode. It works on a website by website basis, so it only affects the website you are on when you click it. There is also a Compatibility View Settings option right below it that shows which websites are being used. So when you click it make sure you are on here.

It may also say Compatibility Mode in the Tools menu, depending on which version of IE you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Board Support-1 View Post
    In IE, go to the Tools menu and one of the options is Compatibility View. Click on it and it will pop up a window saying you're in compatibility mode. It works on a website by website basis, so it only affects the website you are on when you click it. There is also a Compatibility View Settings option right below it that shows which websites are being used. So when you click it make sure you are on here.

It may also say Compatibility Mode in the Tools menu, depending on which version of IE you have.
    Thanks

Pete did you get a chance to apply this change yet? Let us know how it goes.

- dm

This looks like its sorted now thanks guys as regards writing but still cant put any smileys on

Quote Originally Posted by M109R admin View Post
    Thanks

Pete did you get a chance to apply this change yet? Let us know how it goes.

- dm
    No problems on my end...

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

Very Active Member

for some reason the forum keeps logging me out. I'll log in, move through a couple pages, then suddenly im not logged in anymore. I had to log it 4 times just to get to this message. whats going on?
    Chrome factory rims, 280 metz, 160 batttleaxe, fat forks, grips, tach relocated, chin spoiler, ATRE, Fi2000, cobra swept, chrome covers, debeaver, blue led kit, seat cowl, 2" drop. COMING SOON (hopefully): air-ride w/center stand, 2" lowering spring, smoked taillight, side plate, chrome calipers/mounts/rotors, digital gauges, 2nd gear overhaul w/ cams, performance clutch, and more leds.