New Route for the march ride in Texas? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Route for the march ride in Texas?

I'm sure Kenny knows those roads as well as anyone.
    2008 LE. Ol' Yeller

Lowered 2.5", Debeavered, TRE, Supertrapp 5".

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by brad1193 View Post
    I'm sure Kenny knows those roads as well as anyone.
    There is a reason for that. Several years ago I replaced golfing with riding as plan A on the weekends. Newly divorced guy making up for lost time. Beer cart girls think golfers are idiots. 12 hours later those same girls think bikers are cool. 50 something divorced guys need all the help they can get.
    Last edited by Stag Fury; 03-11-2014 at 10:24 PM.

I done ran into my baby n found my ol blu jean I could tell they's mine from the oil n gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Stag Fury View Post
    Been trying to map the route on Mapquest, but glitchy POS isn't cooperating. So for now, we'll just walk though it.

Kerrville>54>173 to Bandera>16>470 through Tarpley>187 to Vanderpool>337 to Leakey>335>41>336 to Camp Wood>337 back to Leakey (Lunch at Bent Rim Grill/Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop)>83>39 thru Ingram>27>Kerrville or 83>41>27>Kerrville.

Hwy 173 out of Kerrville is an wide-open 4 lane highway with great scenery. This will give us 25 easy miles to start with to get comfortable in the saddle instead of Hwy 16 and immediately hitting the technical low speed switchbacks thru the mountain pass with our engines and us barely warmed up. From there to 470 which is a very cool FM road with some nice panoramas opening up cresting a couple of the hills. Then 187N to the 2nd section of 337, which is where txmotofoto will be set up. From there it's the traditional 3 sisters route. Gas up in Leakey. From there we can change it up by going clockwise (337>335>41>336) instead of the usual counterclockwise (335>41>336>337). Then a couple options back to Kerrville depending on time.

History tells us that splitting off into two groups usually results in someone going down. And that just doesn't have to happen. There are some stretches where we can get our freak on without pressuring others to keep up, and there are a few spots that you damn well better respect. So if the Rossi wannabes can just trust me to pick our spots, rest assured you will get your chances to shave your chicken strips while staying together as one group. The goal is for everyone to have a blast. Rubber side down-Shiny side up.
    I don't care for splitting off into two groups. That's just me and as far as this route that Kenny through up, it sounds like a good one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

So did we come up with a plan yet?

Default ? First year ?'s

Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post
    So did we come up with a plan yet?
    Yeah, I am chomping at the bit and can't wait! My brother is coming over from Houston and I don't have a clue what to tell him as far as what time to get here Friday, or what time we ride on Saturday. Can anyone give me an idea of the itinerary so I can pass it on to him? Thanks for any help and please pardon my anxiety as this is my first time to do a bid ride. Have ridden for most of my life, just never did a big ride.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jumprope83 View Post
    Yeah, I am chomping at the bit and can't wait! My brother is coming over from Houston and I don't have a clue what to tell him as far as what time to get here Friday, or what time we ride on Saturday. Can anyone give me an idea of the itinerary so I can pass it on to him? Thanks for any help and please pardon my anxiety as this is my first time to do a bid ride. Have ridden for most of my life, just never did a big ride.
    Thanks
    Typically people start showing up at the hotel on Friday around 3ish. We are usually outside unloading, greeting one another and cleaning the bikes. Then once most everybody is there, around 6-7 o'clock we group ride someplace to eat. Come back to the hotel and most of us hang out in the parking lot admiring each other's rides, telling stories and enjoying your favorite beverage. Saturday morning we're up early eating breakfast across the street at Cracker Barrel bout 7:30 I think. Then we form up in the parking lot, say a few words and we take off and ride. Back at the hotel around 4:30-5:30. Then maybe repeat the previous nights activities or whatever you might come up with. Sunday morning, load up and say goodbyes.

[QUOTE=Jumprope83;2312417]Yeah, I am chomping at the bit and can't wait! My brother is coming over from Houston and I don't have a clue what to tell him as far as what time to get here Friday, or what time we ride on Saturday. Can anyone give me an idea of the itinerary so I can pass it on to him? Thanks for any help and please pardon my anxiety as this is my first time to do a bid ride. Have ridden for most of my life, just never did a big ride.
    Thanks[/QUOTE
    We usually do a dinner ride Friday night around 6:30 and hang out the rest of the evening back at the hotel. Saturday mornig meet up at the Cracker Barrel beetween 7:30-8:00 for brkfst frist, kickstands up around 9:00. Nice long day for a ride and back around 5 or so.

[QUOTE=dre319;2312497]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumprope83 View Post
    Thanks[/QUOTE
    We usually do a dinner ride Friday night around 6:30 and hang out the rest of the evening back at the hotel. Saturday mornig meet up at the Cracker Barrel beetween 7:30-8:00 for brkfst frist, kickstands up around 9:00. Nice long day for a ride and back around 5 or so.
    Ha ha! Beat ya! LOL

Group rides are cool but you have to be cautious. Leave some space between you and the bike in front of you. That way you can take the turns at what speed you please, Always keep a eye on your 6 for rider behind you. Stagger your lane position with bike in front of you so you can see if there is any road debris to avoid. Just some notes and hand signals will be gone over before we depart to the ride..... your in for a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by kwivrme View Post
    Group rides are cool but you have to be cautious. Leave some space between you and the bike in front of you. That way you can take the turns at what speed you please, Always keep a eye on your 6 for rider behind you. Stagger your lane position with bike in front of you so you can see if there is any road debris to avoid. Just some notes and hand signals will be gone over before we depart to the ride..... your in for a great time.
    Keep an eye out for those giant rocks too! Never fails they are always in the road somewhere. Last year on the way back in to town Mike and I took a different route and were behind a truck that plowed a turkey vulture and that sucker went flying! Luckily we dodged it. But those damn things can be a pain too.

I sure wish I could make it with u guys. Have a great time

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Google map of us Texas Riders here..https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...af082f63&msa=0
    [SOLD] 2009 M90 Lowered,GPS,8k HID,Bars,Chopped front turns, 240 E3, TRE, striped, SS Brake Lines, SideMount LP..... I will still stick around, and bring the Miata

Default Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by antmor69 View Post
    Typically people start showing up at the hotel on Friday around 3ish. We are usually outside unloading, greeting one another and cleaning the bikes. Then once most everybody is there, around 6-7 o'clock we group ride someplace to eat. Come back to the hotel and most of us hang out in the parking lot admiring each other's rides, telling stories and enjoying your favorite beverage. Saturday morning we're up early eating breakfast across the street at Cracker Barrel bout 7:30 I think. Then we form up in the parking lot, say a few words and we take off and ride. Back at the hotel around 4:30-5:30. Then maybe repeat the previous nights activities or whatever you might come up with. Sunday morning, load up and say goodbyes.
    Thanks guys, that helps a lot! See you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 54lariat View Post
    Keep an eye out for those giant rocks too! Never fails they are always in the road somewhere. Last year on the way back in to town Mike and I took a different route and were behind a truck that plowed a turkey vulture and that sucker went flying! Luckily we dodged it. But those damn things can be a pain too.

I sure wish I could make it with u guys. Have a great time

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Know what you mean. Always be looking for debris. Don't worry though. Just observe proper hand signals for things like flying cows, farm houses, locomotives, and the occasional tornado, and we'll be fine.

Last edited by Stag Fury; 03-18-2014 at 09:22 PM.

I done ran into my baby n found my ol blu jean I could tell they's mine from the oil n gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Stag Fury View Post
    Know what you mean. Always be looking for debris. Don't worry though. Just observe proper hand signals for things like flying cows, farm houses, locomotives, and the occasional tornado, and we'll be fine.

lol

Default SA Riders Saturday AM Meet Up

Jan and I are riding to Kerrville Saturday am. If there are any other SA 9ers doing the same, we can hook up/ride up at the 1604/IH10 park n ride located under the overpass. Meet up at 6:30a / KSUs 7a.

Any takers just reply on the other Kerrville Ride thread and we will firm it up. Same post there.

*Correction: Meet up 6a / KSU 6:30.
    Last edited by Stag Fury; 03-20-2014 at 09:03 PM.