New Harbor Freight Lift warning - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Harbor Freight Lift warning

Default Man that is worse than chinese made!!!

And that happened with that tiny bike on it, can you imagine the disaster with the weight of the 9?

Time is short and have thousands of miles to ride!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Harbor freight jack

After reading all this, I looked on harbor freight and read the reviews for the 99887. It is on sale for 179 plus using 25% off coupon. Anyone have any comments on this one?

Default Bike Lifts

Hi Folks

My sump sits about 3/16 inch below the frame,engine mounts are all ok.

The question is, if I was to use a lift the rear would sit snuggly on the lift arm, but the front would sit across the sump. Does any one know if that's ok, as I wouldn't want to damage or put a strain on the sump?

Thanks

Paul :)

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Sump

To protect the sump I cut four pieces of thick rubber hose and put them on the frame where the lift will touch it.
    See attachment:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hose.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	218058  
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Default Best MC jack for the money

If you're still looking to get a MC jack, check ou the Black Widow hydraulic from the following site for $99. Been using it for two years, no problem. They also have an air hydraulic version. http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-jacks/c/2124/

Default The Jack you want to buy

Quote Originally Posted by johnbriggs2 View Post
    After reading all this, I looked on harbor freight and read the reviews for the 99887. It is on sale for 179 plus using 25% off coupon. Anyone have any comments on this one?
    If you're still looking to get a MC jack, check ou the Black Widow hydraulic from the following site for $99. Been using it for two years, no problem. They also have an air hydraulic version. http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-jacks/c/2124/

Quote Originally Posted by KL9 View Post
    It states minimum height of 5", don't you find it difficult to get it under the bike?
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Default MC Jack

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    It states minimum height of 5", don't you find it difficult to get it under the bike?
    Reading further the max height is 14", more than enough space to get under your bike.

Quote Originally Posted by KL9 View Post
    Reading further the max height is 14", more than enough space to get under your bike.
    :-)
    I wrote "IT" as a jack....not you... LOL!
    Getting the jack under the bike is with some jacks tricky...
    Bike leaning left on the side stand has a low clearance,
    for sure less then 5"...

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

I just use the black widow style one

have to take the extenders off but I just PLed a half inch rubber piece on top and it works perfect for shock adjustment, oil change etc

I just slide it under with kickstand down it levels up as you jack it up

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by HyperPete View Post
    I was just thinking about buying one. I guess I'll hold off for now...
    Pete, I just purchased a lift, haven't even used it yet. I got it off Amazon and it is made by Strongway. Seems to be very solid. Only problem I see is that if I get this new to me 109 I don't think this lift will go under the 5.1" height of the bike. I think the Strongway only goes down to 5.5".

I was just at Harbor Freight the other day, and they actually have three different hydraulic lifts on display. They had one that I had not seen before, made like a shop jack but with the flat bars to contact the frame of the bike. Looked really solid. The ram runs parallel to the floor. Not sure if they have it on their online catalog.

HTH
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by sssportsmfg View Post
    Pete, I just purchased a lift, haven't even used it yet. I got it off Amazon and it is made by Strongway. Seems to be very solid. Only problem I see is that if I get this new to me 109 I don't think this lift will go under the 5.1" height of the bike. I think the Strongway only goes down to 5.5".

I was just at Harbor Freight the other day, and they actually have three different hydraulic lifts on display. They had one that I had not seen before, made like a shop jack but with the flat bars to contact the frame of the bike. Looked really solid. The ram runs parallel to the floor. Not sure if they have it on their online catalog.

HTH
    Marty
    I think Pete was talking about this kind:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...8892-8495.html

I have the big lift from Harbor Freight. I have not had any issues.. I do have to make sure my air ride is all the way up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

place a piece of 2X6 on the floor ,
    not high enough , one for each Wheel , ride onto them , you can place a third one for the kickstand ,
    your legs are too short ?? 2 more for your feet , ....
    that is all I have , maximum of 5 pièces of wood on the ground before you slide the jack Under the bike ,
    Every Time You Lift Your Tank Beware Of This .

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    I think Pete was talking about this kind:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...8892-8495.html
    I have two of those HF lifts. They work well, but the wheel clamp is a POS. I bolt my Condor chock to the front of the lift.