M109 Rider Forums banner

VA 9 Sighting

15K views 82 replies 23 participants last post by  Poseidon 
#1 ·
I mentioned earlier about creating some type of "I saw a 9" post that would be something continuous. I'll start it with the below one.

Driving home today south on I-95 in the HOV lanes between Springfield and Lorton. Black 9 with a plate IM A9R. Anyone know who it is?

#4 ·
OK as a rule you have to give color, direction, time of day, distinguishing characteristics, and if the rider had on a patch or something identifiable.

#5 ·
Sorry didn't know all the rules. Time between 11 -12 am. One of them was white near the front of a pack of 8 to 10 bikes. Traveling west. I was coming from the south in a pack on a charity ride. I was a good 50 to 100 yards away from the stoplight when I spotted the headlight bucket on the white one. Just caught a glimps of the second while scrolling thru the rest of the bikes in the group. I was too far away to id clothing or tags. That's all I've got. Better I hope :).

#6 ·
Great idea BigBully. I'm here everyday and never post. This string has gotten me off of the sidelines.

Saw an Burnt Orange travelling north on General Booth in Virginia Beach on Saturday around 1:00pm. I didn't notice a patch or vest, but the rider was wearing a silver bucket helmet. He was riding with a buddy.

#7 ·
Ok, I'll try again...06-09 Black, Swepts, backrest, saddle bags. Two sightings in CT today, same bike, solo rider. First sighting was mid day east bound on RT 6. I was at the Bach Dor having lunch. Second was later in the afternoon, west bound. I was at The Vanilla Bean for a coffee, RT 44. Just wondering if you prowl the forum.

#8 ·
9 on Dulles Toll Rd (VA)

Saw a 9 today on my way to work this morning. We were both riding East bound on the Dulles Toll Road (Rt. 267). Bike was black with a V-stream windshield. Noticed a bike about .25 miles ahead, but didn't realize it was a 9 until I saw the taillights and fat tire, lol. Caught up to the rider, but wasn't to sure if he knew another 9 was behind him because he kept trying to pull away, lol. Finally passed him at the toll booth in Tyson... no EZPass for him I guess.

If your the rider and on the forum give me a holler.

#13 ·
If they had a backpack on it might have been me.

I saw three yesterday. One silver one on the outerloop of the beltway, just before the Woodrow Wilson bridge, in the thru lanes on the side of the road. He was with a GSX-R. I saw fluid coming from the M.

The other two I saw in passing but didn't get a good look at them.

#16 ·
That is funny. I'm surprised you saw me at all the way I was flying through there.

#15 ·
Hahaha right on Diggy...

I meant to put this up on Saturday, but I spotted 2 nine 5 min apart from one another. First was spotted on Rt. 28 going Southbound near Sterling Blvd exit around 9:35am. The other spotted was a dark blue 9 going Westbound on Waxpool Rd right at the intersection of Waxpool and Loudon County Parkway around 9:40am. Sad... cause I wasn't able to ride this weekend due to bike being down for new shoes.

#17 ·
If yall see me that far north follow along because something is up. I've seen few 9's down here in the Hampton roads area but most people have no idea what they are when they see us. Their blank faces quickly followed by...is that a Harley...oh the insults, rather you call it a Ford. It lookslike the post has almost died but maybe I can bring it back for anyone whose blazing 464,64 and 264 area of Chesapeake,norfolk and VB area.

#18 ·
Bringing this back may be harder than I originally thought because I just remembred that the temp dropped below 80 so most have are added sta-bil and called it a good year for riding...

#25 ·
WOW!!! I think I saw more 9's today in the Richmond / Petersburg area than I saw at MAM! Virginia Motorsports Park had their Mid Summer Bike Bash today. I saw 9's on my way there, several that were there at the event, and more on my ride home. Anyone on here attend the event, or happened to be riding in the area today?

Just off the top of my head, I saw:
Yellow LE with Corbin fairing and hard saddle bags (pretty sweet sound system in the fairing)
Orange with dark blue/purple flames (headed north on I-95 around Petersburg, VA)
3 or 4 red 2013 LE's
4 BOSS's (One was at the gas station on Iron Bridge Road across from the court house)
Countless 2007 and 2012 blue LE's
Lots and lots of Black 9's (Lost count)
3 white 9's
2 Maroon 9's
1 Orange 9
There were probably more. Definitely the most I've seen in one day around here. I figure there should be at least one of you that is on the site. Post up and let me know if you were there.

#26 ·
Driving on Prince William Parkway yesterday between Woodbridge and Manassas around 7 pm and saw this 9.

#36 ·
All these VA 9s

Seems some of us are living within a few miles of each other, we should try to get together for a meet. Would be nice to get together to ride to MAM in June. Not sure if we can mention a business in here like L&B sports bar Mapledale drive and Dale Blvd. But they do a Bike night on Tuesdays. Would be nice to see some more 9's there besides mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.