Power Commander Bad!

Thread: Power Commander Bad!

Default Power Commander Bad!

Bike started acting up last week. It started hesitating to start after riding and then sitting for a minute. It would act like it wasn't getting gas. After a second try, it would start up. Then last Saturday morning while heading to work, I stopped for gas. When I started it up, the RPMs shot up and wouldn't go down. I shut it off and on and still no change. So I figured it would get better once I started riding. Well once I exited off of the interstate it began bogging down and I had to keep giving it a little throttle to keep it going. Barely made to work. When I got of that evening, it fired right up like normal. I know it couldn't be the fuel filter because I just changed that like a year ago. I figured it was the power commander so I removed it. Now it starts and runs great. My problem now is, should I get another pcIII or get something else. I know the bike is probably running lean since I have K/Ns and velocity pro lites. I've been reading about the cobra power pro. Will that keep the bike from running lean? Any help and advice is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

You may have had a connection issue with the TPS sensor and the PC-3.

Very Active Member

Get a PCV as it is all plug and play-No soldering required.If you are use to using a advance map or a Dyno Map ,and if yours was available for PCIII but not PCV, all you have to do is load any advance map for a PCV, copy and paste the PCIII Map into it, and you are good to go.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post

if you have those taps they may have a crap connection
    very slightly modified

I had similar issues with my PCIII. I bought a Bully from Gman industries.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrider View Post
    I had similar issues with my PCIII. I bought a Bully from Gman industries.
    Does the Bully require a dyno tune?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
    Yeah I checked those a couple of times. Never was satisfied with that connection. I guess I want to try the newer models without having to tap into the wires.

Quote Originally Posted by 1172scorp View Post
    I believe it doesn't.
    i am considering getting one for my new bike.
    2014 M109R BOSS and 2013 Concours 14

I understand it doesn't. That was a big selling point for me. I have not installed it. Gary of Gman explained to me that it does not. His website explains the same. He is a good guy and I trust him

No Dyno tune for the bully ,had one on the M90 I had and was friggin awesome ,as soon as the Pc3 goes on my 9 I will be purchasing the bully controller again :)

Sent from the bowels of awesomness

Enter the beast for it has taken thee to its den and shared its power !!!!!

Default No Dyno needed.

I have had the Bully on my bike for the last 6500 miles. You do not need a Dyno unless you want to see the power increase. I had mine Dynoed before and after installing the Bully. 107HP before and 118HP after. I can tune the Bully to adjust for different types of riding. I keep mine set on the recommended settings for Stage 3 and it runs great. The controller fits perfect on top, in the center of the top triple tree.

That's about the price I am willing to pay for an FI controller. How easy is it to install?

Debaffled~Yana Shiki License Plate, Derby, Blade Levers, Anodized Exotic Kickstand~Knight Rider G4~Raw Design Stealth Rear Signals~Raw Designs C.A. Front Turn Signals~HH Taillight Cover~Ferreus Combat Skull Grille~Mean Cycles Chin Spoiler~X-TRE~Gman FI Controller & Stealth Intakes~Rex 3D Mirrors~R.I.S. Diamond Cut Grips~Progressive 465 W\RAP 1" Lower~Cobra Swept~Rick Mayer Custom Seat

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrider View Post
    I understand it doesn't. That was a big selling point for me. I have not installed it. Gary of Gman explained to me that it does not. His website explains the same. He is a good guy and I trust him
    Have you had a chance to install it? I am looking into purchasing one and I hear good things about it.

Yeah I checked those a couple of times. Never was satisfied with that connection. I guess I want to try the newer models without having to tap into the wires.
    I would place a huge wager that those quick taps are the cause of failure. I bet they wore through the sensor wire meaning you are most likely gonna need to repair that section of wire preferably done by soldiering them together. This may take care of your issue saving you money.

I never use quick taps... always solder.
    2010 M109R LE - Hard Krome American Classics, gel seats, debeavered, cobra case guards, cobra std sissy bar, kaoko cruise control, Fi2000r, spike intakes, X-TRE, 250 rear

Exclamation

It's the ground. I've had one to do the exact same thing. Come to find out the ground had come loose and it made the bike do exactly what your saying. Fix your ground. I'd be willing to bet its good as new.