M109 Rider Forums banner

9 won't start

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  dre319 
#1 ·
On a bad day I left my key in my bike and the bike on. It took two days for my battery to charge. I hooked everything back up and turned the key and all lights turned on and speedometer cycled as normal. I hit the switch and I didn't hear the valve cycle and the bike didn't turn over. I took battery to autozone and they said it was good and I checked the fuses that are next to the battery and they are good. What am I missing?

#3 ·
How bout that red kill switch on the right handle. Is it on? I have forgot to turn that on before.........

#4 ·
I had a battery once that showed good when tested but didnt have enough to get the bike to crank. I think I have a spare battery, if not we can put mine in and see if it starts, if you want. Im on the west side out potranco.

#6 ·
QUOTE=swatcop;1820637]Key in "ON" position, check.
Red button on right down, check.
Green Nuetral light on, check.
Clutch lever pulled in, check.

It should start!:bigthumbsup:[/QUOTE]

:agree: He probably tried the above sequence and got it working. :p

#7 ·
QUOTE=swatcop;1820637]Key in "ON" position, check.
Red button on right down, check.
Green Nuetral light on, check.
Clutch lever pulled in, check.

It should start!:bigthumbsup:
:agree: He probably tried the above sequence and got it working. :p[/QUOTE]
There was a recent thread similar to this the guy described similar events and I suggested checking the kill switch and that was the last we heard from him lol

#11 · (Edited)
I like that.:bigthumbsup::D

Found this on the net:

ID-10-T Error

ID-Ten-T Error[SUP][13][/SUP] (also seen as ID10T and ID107) is a masked jab at the user: when ID-Ten-T is spelled out it becomes ID10T ("idiot"). It is also known as a "Ten-T error" or "ID:10T error". Historical use (circa 1995) includes phone tech support personnel instructing the user/customer to place the line "id=10t" in their CONFIG.SYS file as a warning to future tech support personnel.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] The UserFriendly comic strip presented this usage in a cartoon on 11 February 1999.[SUP][14][/SUP]
In United States Navy and Army slang, the term has a similar meaning, though it's pronounced differently:

• The Navy pronounces ID10T as "Eye Dee Ten Tango".[SUP][15][/SUP]
  • The Army pronounces 1D10T as "One Delta Ten Tango".[SUP][16][/SUP]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.