Handlebar Risers Under $200??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handlebar Risers Under $200??

Default Handlebar Risers Under $200??

Do any of you know where a set of handlebar risers can be had for under $200?

I'm sorry, but I am just not willing to pay that kind of money for a couple of small pieces of aluminum and two longer 10mm bolts.

I know that the market for motorcycle stuff is priced high because it is a restricted, proprietary market, but come on.......

Most of those items we have available online are made in China or some other 3rd world sweat shop factory for pennies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Yana shikis can be had for under 200. Check amazon and ebay. I paid 159 for mine 2 years ago.

sent from my galaxy S3 from somewhere outside space

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Last edited by some 9; 08-21-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

It depends on whether you want them for a C or an M. The ones for an M are cheaper because there's more of a market for them. I've found several for less than $200 for my C. I found them on Amazon and Ebay. I'm still trying to figure out which ones will be the best for me.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Check out Gary's site (GMAN Industries) he has a set for just over the 200 line you set and he has sales or discounts every once and awhile.
    http://www.gmanindustries.com/shop/p...&idcategory=62

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post

I'm sorry, but I am just not willing to pay that kind of money for a couple of small pieces of aluminum and two longer 10mm bolts.

I know that the market for motorcycle stuff is priced high because it is a restricted, proprietary market, but come on.......

Most of those items we have available online are made in China or some other 3rd world sweat shop factory for pennies.

Cool

I have a set of factory ones (chromed) that I would sell for 190.00, no exchange. You'd have to pay for shipping as well. Let me know

http://www.directlineparts.com/produ...=290&mdl=&mdy=

since you didnt specify what brand you wanted.

Although I just ordered these : http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/2-.../part/KEWL-343 as dont like the looks of the Kewl Metal ones.
    Posted on my BlackBerry Z30.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    And the modding begins ....... Will it EVER end ?\

Very Active Member SouthernFattie's Avatar

I paid $35 for my risers.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernFattie View Post
    I paid $35 for my risers.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Quote Originally Posted by CDM76 View Post
    Z-Bars. The bars are a 2" rise alone. LOL.

Never seen those before !!! You have a link, or you make em yourself ?
    From that angle they look pretty sweet !

hehe..check ur PMs

Thanks !!!!

I need them to pull back 1 - 1 1/2inches. I don't think the Z-bars would look to good on a "C".
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Default Got mine on Ebay

I got my risers on eBay for 90. Yes they are from china but look great.
    8" pull backs. After you take the oem's off you will need 4 3/4" washers for the underside to make them fit tight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07915e00-b20c-4801-8ca8-702315a525f3_zps2c276aff.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	90121
    Last edited by RadGen; 08-27-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Suzuki windsheild, Cobra Fatty Bars, Suzuki LightBar, 8" Risers, Tank Bra, EMGO® "Big One" mirrors, Hard Chrome Big 3" Straights, Tsukayu hard bags, Russell Cycle Products Custom Saddle, Custom world rack and backrest, G-bushing, Bully FIC and TRE, Sage Brush Designs engine guard chaps. Metzler 880 tires

I have a C.

I will watch Amazon. Fortunately shipping for APO is NY.

Works for all east coast shops.

I designed my Riser Extenders (made in Texas), after I tried a few others. The C is a large bike with a heavy front end and at higher speeds I could move the handle bars side to side a couple inches and the front tire didn't budge. I even hit a few bumps at high speeds and the tire moved and the bars didn't.

I found too much flex due to the small surface contact point between the after market riser and the top of the triple tree, plus the OEM risers are rubber mounted. Thus the small surface contact point and being the sleeve the attachment bolt slides thru is suspended in a rubber grommett it flexed terribly and dangerously.

The one I designed did not reduce the contact surface area and gave a location for mounting our Bully or another FI controller, plus it doesn't require longer cables or brake hoses.
    All which can add up to much more than the riser itself.
    Check the length of the OEM risers when looking around as most only add maybe an inch when replacing them as the OEM's are somewhat long as it is.
    2008 C109RT, Stage 3 Bully Controller, Performance Intakes, GMan Performance Exhaust, ATRE, High Performance 'GBat' Battery, GBushing Shifter Bushing, Handlebar Riser Extender, Corbin Heated Seats, Custom Leather Tank Guard / Fender Bra / Windshield Bag from GMan Industries!

I want to do this setup how does it feel. Can you take a different angle and where did you buy them. Are they 1" where the riser clamp on.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

Got pics? Like to see what you made.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    I designed my Riser Extenders (made in Texas), after I tried a few others. The C is a large bike with a heavy front end and at higher speeds I could move the handle bars side to side a couple inches and the front tire didn't budge. I even hit a few bumps at high speeds and the tire moved and the bars didn't.

I found too much flex due to the small surface contact point between the after market riser and the top of the triple tree, plus the OEM risers are rubber mounted. Thus the small surface contact point and being the sleeve the attachment bolt slides thru is suspended in a rubber grommett it flexed terribly and dangerously.

The one I designed did not reduce the contact surface area and gave a location for mounting our Bully or another FI controller, plus it doesn't require longer cables or brake hoses.
    All which can add up to much more than the riser itself.
    Check the length of the OEM risers when looking around as most only add maybe an inch when replacing them as the OEM's are somewhat long as it is.

Were you able to use the stock cables?

Yes, I am using stock cables. just had to re-route them.

Where did you pick them up at? They more comfortable in angle and reach? I like those especially in black

They are super comfortable. I got them from ebay for $37

Have a link for them? Any fabricating to make them work for you?

Had to fabricate shims. The mounting point is 1". So I used 1"id / 1-1/8"od pipe to make the shims.

Search ebay for handlebars

I realize it's a bit over your potential budget, but I ponied up the $$ for a GMan riser block and let me tell you how happy I am that I did! A super-simple installation that looks great! No need for longer cables or hoses, either. You can really see the difference by comparing the location of my windshield bag (it has a guardian angel in the center) in the before and after pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before Rear.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	90523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After Front.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	90524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before Front.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	90525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After Rear.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	90526  
    2008 C109R with genuine Suzuki Highway Bars, Passenger Floorboards, Backrest, Luggage Rack, and Tank Protector. Memphis Shades windshield, GMan Bar Riser Block, Shark 250w Cycle Audio, Saddleman Bags, Tourmaster Soft Trunk, Throttle Lock, Skeleton Hand Mirrors, Skull Billet Radiator Protector, Hard Krome 2 into 1 Sideburner Exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Fuel Processor, and my Lovely Wife!

Quote Originally Posted by Boulevard Boyd View Post
    I realize it's a bit over your potential budget, but I ponied up the $$ for a GMan riser block and let me tell you how happy I am that I did! A super-simple installation that looks great! No need for longer cables or hoses, either. You can really see the difference by comparing the location of my windshield bag (it has a guardian angel in the center) in the before and after pictures.
    I like my GMan risers too. The main thing I need is for my bars to come back about another 1-1 1/2 inches tops. I wouldn't need that if I didn't have a metal plate in my neck. I will wait until I can get some floorboard mounted highway peg mounts and rotate my bars down a little before I make my final decision about new kickback risers.

I can't find any, 6 inch with 1-1 1/2 inch kickbar, for my C. I have the GMan risers and along with my stock risers they total 6 inches, but this combo doesn't have enough kickback to make my metal plated neck feel comfortable. HELP!!!

Rox Speed FX Chrome Pivot Risers 3in rise with 1in clamps for 1in bars

Will these risers work well with the stock risers on my C?
    Last edited by silveradols; 09-08-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    Rox Speed FX Chrome Pivot Risers 3in rise with 1in clamps for 1in bars

Will these risers work well with the stock risers on my C?
    They will if you have the stock 1-inch handlebars. Recently installed some on my wife's Victory. Easy install, only need to remove your riser covers. They are ideal to make sure you find the best fit for comfort. I highly recommend them for the practical aspect.

2008 C109RT Black-Gray / bought June 2010 with 600km / 61,000km as Sep. 2014
    Clean front end / TRE / Spike intakes / K&N filters / Wideband O2 / Drilled pipes / 266mm Darkside Federal 595 / Tacho / LED signals & relay box / Mustang fender bib / Rear fender in spike shape / 23 cu.ft. trailer / ISO-Grips / Scythe Mirrors / 20+ Skulls. TODO : Horn / Paint / More spike intakes / Better bags / ECU hacking...