G-Man Bully Fuel Processor

Thread: G-Man Bully Fuel Processor

Default G-Man Bully Fuel Processor

Does anyone use the G-Man Bully fuel management system? That is what I am using right now. The only reason is because it was part of a package deal. At first, my fuel mileage improved along with the performance. Now, after about 3000 miles, the performance is still good but the mileage is less than 25 miles per gallon. I looked up the settings for the set-up that I am running and plan to play with it after I get off work this morning. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I might have to save up for the Cobra or Power commander.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by David327 View Post
    Does anyone use the G-Man Bully fuel management system? That is what I am using right now. The only reason is because it was part of a package deal. At first, my fuel mileage improved along with the performance. Now, after about 3000 miles, the performance is still good but the mileage is less than 25 miles per gallon. I looked up the settings for the set-up that I am running and plan to play with it after I get off work this morning. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I might have to save up for the Cobra or Power commander.
    I am running the Bully. I had the bully on my 2008 C109 and my 2010 C109 and am now using it on my 2012 M109. I set the bully to the M109 settings, and it works great. Your gas mileage should be better as the bike gets past 3000 miles.
    However, how many klicks/miles you get per tank varies greatly on where and how you drive. I get anywhere from 195 to 300 km per tank (100km is 60 miles). This is directly related to city/hwy, speed limit or not :)

You could simply take the ground off to eliminate the Bully as part of your issue.

Very Active Member

I have it and if I get into the throttle I drop to 36, but go easy and can still get 40. I have a 2011 m109 with only exhaust done, air filters stock still.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    I am running the Bully. I had the bully on my 2008 C109 and my 2010 C109 and am now using it on my 2012 M109. I set the bully to the M109 settings, and it works great. Your gas mileage should be better as the bike gets past 3000 miles.
    However, how many klicks/miles you get per tank varies greatly on where and how you drive. I get anywhere from 195 to 300 km per tank (100km is 60 miles). This is directly related to city/hwy, speed limit or not :)

You could simply take the ground off to eliminate the Bully as part of your issue.
    I reset the controller to the stage 3 settings and I can feel the difference. I am sure the mileage will improve. Thanks again for the input.

I reset the controller to the stage 3 settings and I can feel the difference. I am sure the mileage will improve. Thanks again for the input.
    I would think a dyno run would be in order if you're having issues like that.

You could also get a hold of EJK controllers (the guys that make the Bully and other private label Fuel Management systems) - http://electronicjetkit.com/

Darrin
    2013 M90 V-Custom License Plate Bracket, Track Day Electronics Gear Position Display w/ Gear Emulator (ATRE)

Here is a post from here https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147575
    by garry

Originally Posted by silveradols
    here's mine:

mode 1--2.5
    mode 2--3.5
    mode 3--2.5
    I haven't changed Modes 4-6. They are on the stock settings.
    I would love to get mine Dynoed to get the proper air/fuel mixture.
    I can't see buying an air/fuel gauge and O2 sensors that I would use just once.

No need for the added expense of a dyno.
    What are you looking for in AF ratios? MPG's, Performance, ?

If you let a dyno tech who thinks 14.8/1 is the ideal AF Ratio you will drop power, gain the surging back and have a hot running motor.

The settings it comes with will get you the perfect combination between performance and mileage. You want better mileage reduce the green mode as low as you can stand as you can lean her down to surge worse than she did when she was stock if you want. Drop her too low and mpg's drop too. Find the sweet spot yourself and save the dyno expense.

For hiway speeds move the yellow/blue mode up one light setting, if you are prone to cruising a bit fast. The settings as she comes will net you good mpg's up to say 70-75mph, especially if you drop the green down 1/2 light. Above that you will want to raise the yellow/blue up one light setting (it's the load based switch between green(cruise) and yellow(accelerate) modes), the higher you raise it the faster you can cruise and keep the Bully in the green(cruise) mode.

Just some info to help you tinker a bit.

very slightly modified

Quote Originally Posted by jhorsf View Post
    Here is a post from here https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147575
    by garry

Originally Posted by silveradols
    here's mine:

mode 1--2.5
    mode 2--3.5
    mode 3--2.5
    I haven't changed Modes 4-6. They are on the stock settings.
    I would love to get mine Dynoed to get the proper air/fuel mixture.
    I can't see buying an air/fuel gauge and O2 sensors that I would use just once.

No need for the added expense of a dyno.
    What are you looking for in AF ratios? MPG's, Performance, ?

If you let a dyno tech who thinks 14.8/1 is the ideal AF Ratio you will drop power, gain the surging back and have a hot running motor.

The settings it comes with will get you the perfect combination between performance and mileage. You want better mileage reduce the green mode as low as you can stand as you can lean her down to surge worse than she did when she was stock if you want. Drop her too low and mpg's drop too. Find the sweet spot yourself and save the dyno expense.

For hiway speeds move the yellow/blue mode up one light setting, if you are prone to cruising a bit fast. The settings as she comes will net you good mpg's up to say 70-75mph, especially if you drop the green down 1/2 light. Above that you will want to raise the yellow/blue up one light setting (it's the load based switch between green(cruise) and yellow(accelerate) modes), the higher you raise it the faster you can cruise and keep the Bully in the green(cruise) mode.

Just some info to help you tinker a bit.

Thanks for the link. I have been trying to find someone with experience with the Bully. After installing the pipes, intakes and the Bully, I set the Bully at stage 3. I then took the bike to a friend's shop to get Dynode. He works mainly on sport bikes and race bikes. He changed the Bully settings and it Dynode at 117hp. When I checked the settings this week they were way off from stage 3. I should have written the settings down so I can compare when I'm done tinkering. I will be playing with it over the next week or so to find the best setting. At this time, with the Bully set on stage 3, my fuel mileage is still chitty @ 25.6 mpg. I do ride hard but I think it should still get better mpg than 25. Thanks again for the info. I will check back after a tinkering a bit more with the Bully settings.

when looking at peoples posts look when they are from as a "gallon" is different in the usa than some other countries
    in the UK it is 4.54609 litres

in the USA its 3.78541 litres

this makes a huge difference and is something to think about when you compare
    very slightly modified

Send an email to Gman industries they will answer most things and are very helpful as Garry has vast practical experience with his own bike for many miles and has tested many different things

http://www.gmanindustries.com/shop/pc/contact.asp
    very slightly modified

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jhorsf View Post
    Send an email to Gman industries they will answer most things and are very helpful as Garry has vast practical experience with his own bike for many miles and has tested many different things

http://www.gmanindustries.com/shop/pc/contact.asp

Thank you so much for your help. I sent a message explaining everything. We'll see whet Gary has to say about it. Thanks again.
    David

Default Still getting terrible fuel mileage

I have tried playing with the Bully's settings with no success. I can feel the power increase with different settings. But the mileage still staying under 26mpg. I am due for an oil change soon. My last oil change was done at the dealer for free (I had a coupon) at 4100 miles. They over filled it and I had to deal with an oil leak for a while until they got it right. Now my bike has 6900 miles and I plan to change the oil my self at 7000 with synthetic.

Very Active Member

I have tried playing with the Bully's settings with no success. I can feel the power increase with different settings. But the mileage still staying under 26mpg. I am due for an oil change soon. My last oil change was done at the dealer for free (I had a coupon) at 4100 miles. They over filled it and I had to deal with an oil leak for a while until they got it right. Now my bike has 6900 miles and I plan to change the oil my self at 7000 with synthetic.
    If you overfilled, then you had blow-by oil in the left air cleaner.
    Possible they are clogged and you are only getting good airflow on the right?
    If you haven't already, get K&Ns, only a bit more than the stockers, but they can be cleaned.

Default MPG Getting Better

I finally got the Bully mode settings correct. I kept assuming that the Mode 6 settings were correct. I went through checking carefully and found the Mode 6 setting was set with the red lights on 6 & 7. I changed it to 4 & 5 and left all other modes set at the factory stage 3 settings. Took a 100 mile ride on Sunday with my lady on the back and the fuel light didn't come on until I hit 104 yesterday. I topped off the tank and calculated the mileage. Now I am back up to 30 mpg. Now I changed the green light on mode 1 to 1.5 and the yellow lights on mode 5 to 5 & 6. I will take a ride by myself to see where I'm at. I think I'm starting to figure this Bully out.

Where can I buy one of these?

Default G-man Industries

Quote Originally Posted by Superboss View Post
    Where can I buy one of these?
    I bought mine used from Craigslist. You can search G-man Industries Bully for M109R. Good luck.

Default Got my mileage up to 37mpg riding 2 up

I finally got the Bully mode settings correct. I kept assuming that the Mode 6 settings were correct. I went through checking carefully and found the Mode 6 setting was set with the red lights on 6 & 7. I changed it to 4 & 5 and left all other modes set at the factory stage 3 settings. Took a 100 mile ride on Sunday with my lady on the back and the fuel light didn't come on until I hit 104 yesterday. I topped off the tank and calculated the mileage. Now I am back up to 30 mpg. Now I changed the green light on mode 1 to 1.5 and the yellow lights on mode 5 to 5 & 6. I will take a ride by myself to see where I'm at. I think I'm starting to figure this Bully out.
    We rode to Hot August Nights a couple weeks ago and averaged 33 - 37mpg over 1100 miles. It does help easing off the throttle a bit. The pic is on 80 near Fernley, NV
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fernley5.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	89979  

Default Bully

Quote Originally Posted by tde View Post
    I would think a dyno run would be in order if you're having issues like that.

You could also get a hold of EJK controllers (the guys that make the Bully and other private label Fuel Management systems) - http://electronicjetkit.com/

Darrin
    That's good info tde wish I had heard of these before getting my Powepro hell of a price difference

It seems like the Bully is easy to program? Is this a true assumption?

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by tmark78 View Post
    It seems like the Bully is easy to program? Is this a true assumption?

It is pretty easy to set, instructions can be downloaded from GMans Website prior to buying

very slightly modified

Ordering Bully for my VLR1800 on Ebay and look forward this device...
    2009 VLR1800T: Gman TRE, Kuryakyn ISO GRIPS, Cobra lightbar, OEM Windshield, Mustang seats with driver backrest, LA Choppers Apehanger 18" & 3" risers, Harley-Davidson tour pack King size, Cobra engine guards, Oxygen lambda o2 sensor eliminator, Servo Buddy, Hardkrome Sideburner 2in1. Hand made: Brake line hoses, Passenger Floor Boards, Throttle and clutch cables, LED light in tour pack, Mud flap, baffles.

I love the controller and it was easy to install. What I didn't like was the stealth intakes; he really needs to include the correct length screws with the stealth kit.

Debaffled~Yana Shiki License Plate, Derby, Blade Levers, Anodized Exotic Kickstand~Knight Rider G4~Raw Design Stealth Rear Signals~Raw Designs C.A. Front Turn Signals~HH Taillight Cover~Ferreus Combat Skull Grille~Mean Cycles Chin Spoiler~X-TRE~Gman FI Controller & Stealth Intakes~Rex 3D Mirrors~R.I.S. Diamond Cut Grips~Progressive 465 W\RAP 1" Lower~Cobra Swept~Rick Mayer Custom Seat