M109 Rider Forums banner

Mt Bachelor/Sisters route suggestions?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Roger K 
#1 ·
I put this in the WA board, I guess it would have been better in here... Assigned point man because of my technologically advanced electronics...GPS.:joke: Heading to Bend, OR for the weekend and I was hoping for a good route around the Sisters or the lakes or a little of both. My issue is a guy in the group is limited by his peanut tank on his Sportster; i'm guessing 150mi max, unless there is a place for fuel on the route. Any suggestions appreciated. I was also looking at Mckenzie Hwy, looks like a good amount of twisties, but it was just reopened mid June for the season.

#2 · (Edited)
If you're just looking for a place to cut over to Bend from I-5, the different combinations of 20, 22, 126, 242 all have their twisties...and their RV traffic. 126 to 242 is the most technical and will take the longest. 22 is probably the least technical and has more passing lanes. Scenery is great on all of them. All depends on how far south you want to super slab it. If you have the time, I would do at least some of the McKenzie River. I think you should be able to find gas stops on all of them to accommodate.

#4 ·
Another good summer route is Estacada to Detroit via 224 to NF-46 to Breitenbush Road to Detroit (Lake). I think 46 is open now. Gas available at both ends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.