What's the longest trip you ever took on the NIne? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the longest trip you ever took on the NIne?

Napa California to Coos Bay Oregon...504 miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Toronto Ontario Canada to Phoenix Arizona then to Miami Florida and back to Toronto. Awesome ride. 12 to 14 hours daily. 7000 miles
    Last edited by COspooner; 07-23-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Very Active Member Packer Backer's Avatar

Over the past few years I have done a 2400 mile trip around the Pacific Northwest every year (WA, OR, MT, WY, ID). My longest one day stretch was from Missoula, MT to Lynden, WA, 775 miles.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

4600 miles 9 days.....from Central VA to Flagstaff AZ and back...all on stock seat and rifle windshield....
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128996
    "Motorcyclist are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what make of machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan" - Walter Davidson 1920.

Very Active Member tonymontanna1983's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by COspooner View Post
    Toronto Ontario Canada to Phoenix Arizona then to Miami Florida and back to Toronto. Awesome ride. 12 to 14 hours daily. 7000 miles
    You should win some kind of prize for that ride...Or, was the prize the ride?

Okay, now I can actually talk about my ride. Rode from Calgary to Vancouver the first day (1000km or 600 miles) and then over the next week took my lady another 1600 km (1000miles) Took the long way home through the Cascades in Washington and up through the interior of British Columbia. Did some float and bloat on my buddies boat and drank way too many wobbleypops and loved every minute of it. Bike ran great although I had to spray a little WD40 on my shifter because when I would gear down it would take a second to "pop" back into place so I could gear down again. Moved the new grips that my car loving dad was nice enough to put on for me in the wrong position. The Throttle Boss saved my thumbs for sure after that. Found lots of twisties and lots of sun.

hoping to go on a 500 mile run sunday got my new ULTIMATE seat last week so i hope my as& does not get sore.
    08 109 Candy Max Orange, Vance & hines Big shots and fuelpak, Arlen Ness big suckers, debeaved

Just went to canada from maryland over the weekend and the 9 was pretty comfortable. Had to stop every hour so the sport bike I was with needed gas and iwas still almost half a tank.

Very Active Member

753 miles (nonstop) Knoxville TN to Rochester NY

Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmp_59 View Post
    Been 550 but leaving for Sturgis the 31st. Stopping in Wichita, Kansas. 580 miles. Then to Valentine Nebraska then Sturgis. 1280. Hope to do 600+ while there and then home so guess 3,200 in 10 days. Wearing a Fly cool vest with a Columbia SPF 50 longsleeve to get through Texas and Oklahoma.
    AirHawk R pad to take care of my back side.

Wish me luck
    Well I made it. 3300 miles total in 10 days. Two 600 mile days, two 500 mile days and several 200 mile days. The Fly cool vest was worth it's weight in gold. The air hawk was good. Made the bike sit different. Butt still got sore but it felt at 600 miles the same as the stock seat by itself after 300 miles. Neck is the really sore area from the helmet buffetting in the wind. Only issue was some bad fuel in Oklahoma. Scarry to have your bike shut down in 5 o'clock traffic downtown Oklahoma City on the inside lane. But made it. Shook the bike and it started again, got off the freeway. Drained the tank and put new fuel in. Still think I have to pull the plugs and clean. But was a great run.

You don't have the numbers, but, you're an iron butt rider in my book!

did 570 today
    08 109 Candy Max Orange, Vance & hines Big shots and fuelpak, Arlen Ness big suckers, debeaved

Default ride

ct to va beach

While not a patch on some of you guys. 60 riders including myself and Russ just completed 1000km ride round some beautiful roads here in NZ. Here are a couple of write ups and videos of the countryside we visited. Took us just over 12hrs including fuel and lunch stops. Looking forward to the 10,000km in 10 day ride coming up. Bring it on!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/en...2842-2013-c1kc

http://biggsbiking.blogspot.co.nz/

Quote Originally Posted by avago View Post
    While not a patch on some of you guys. 60 riders including myself and Russ just completed 1000km ride round some beautiful roads here in NZ. Here are a couple of write ups and videos of the countryside we visited. Took us just over 12hrs including fuel and lunch stops. Looking forward to the 10,000km in 10 day ride coming up. Bring it on!

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/en...2842-2013-c1kc

http://biggsbiking.blogspot.co.nz/

Not bad considering the number of bikes

Rode through Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina. We spent a weekend in the Smokies and a trip to the Dragon and the beautiful views.
    About 1800 miles total. It was awesome.

Just under 600 Missed by 12 miles.
    Owner of The Rarest M109R, THE 2006 Burple. THE ONE Suzuki Promised, TO NEVER make again!! Do to IT BEING, JUST to FAST for the General PUBLIC!

Hmm, that's a tough call - I've put 300 miles on the bike in a single day, just farting around our local area, from one scenic attraction to another. But, as for an actual "trip", I guess that would be when Harris & I rode (from MD) to Atlantic City, NJ (which was about 200 miles); then the next day we rode about 50 miles to the Cape May ferry which brought us into Lewes, DE; and from there we stopped in Ocean City, MD for a while and then rode home, which is about another 150 miles. So, the whole 'trip' was about 400 miles, but we did it from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    BikerGranny would rip your head off, and spit down your neck. You have NO idea who you're messing with. She'll be coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice. You'll be crying when she's done with you. That is a promise. Normally there is no fighting at the meet. But, I may make an exception in your case. LYIANFW!

Default Pain in the butt

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontanna1983 View Post
    My longest ride was 460 miles, about eight hours straight from White Castle to Austin, Texas one way stopping only for fuel, eats, and pees.
    Learned the value of a throttle lock and a good seat for sure.
    420 miles one day,stock seat, 105 degrees, 4th of july 2012. Hillsboro MO. to Vincennes IN. and back. Met my son halfway on his ride home from Cincinnati OH. He was on a Ninja! That was the day I knew the stock seat wasn't gonna cut it. I was sore for days. Previous longest trip probably 150 miles. Don't know how my kid did it on that Ninja. Youth I guess. Put a Corbin on the old girl and have since done 350 twice no problem.

Default What's the longest trip you ever took on the NIne?

6600 Kilometers = 4101miles. Toowoomba Queensland to Darwin Northern Territory round trip. My 9 is an 09 model and has 94000 Kilometres = 58408 Miles on the clock
    Member of Patriots Australia Western Ranges Chapter.

Default 1200 miles in 24 hours

Rode from Orlando Fl to Va for breakfast then back down to Deals Gap for some dragon action! Iron Butt plus some It took 22 hours non stop except to Pee and eatClick image for larger version. 

Name:	291741_10150326367714231_1687240915_n.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	115129Click image for larger version. 

Name:	314304_10150326368619231_2114989001_n.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	115297
    Last edited by nukeblade; 11-17-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    In truth Victory

400 miles. Charity ride for big brothers & sisters with Orange county HOGOFNY.
    Mystik

Default Longest non-stop trip...so far

This year I went from El Paso to Salt Lake city. Had one overnight stop on the way. When I came back, decided to do it in one go. 1031 miles back home, no major incidents and sanity intact. Can say as much for the body though. The stock seat will last a LONG time, but not that long. May do it again next year, just waiting to see if free time works out.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slc trip.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	120113

500 miles in one shot. (gas/food/bathroom breaks) 1200 miles total trip in a week

i need a more comfortable seat and a cup holder

Albuquerque NM to Deal's Gap, a week of running the Dragon, Moonshiner, Skyway, and then back to Albuquerque. Year before that ABQ to Los Angeles to Zion to 4-Corners and back to Abq. Some amazing views and rides on both trips.

Quote Originally Posted by CtrlFrk76 View Post
    Albuquerque NM to Deal's Gap, a week of running the Dragon, Moonshiner, Skyway, and then back to Albuquerque. Year before that ABQ to Los Angeles to Zion to 4-Corners and back to Abq. Some amazing views and rides on both trips.

How on earth were you able to pack enough clothes??

Longest I've ever hauled was right around 1,000 miles straight shot. Longview, TX to Daytona, FL turned around and rode back 4 days later. Gotta love long weekends away from college!

Had oversized saddlebags plus a full sized military duffle bag strapped to the back seat. It wasn't pretty, but effective and didn't cause me any performance issues at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonymontanna1983 View Post
    How on earth were you able to pack enough clothes??

Latest was a 400 miles round trip. Sold an outdoor storage shed to a customer 200 miles away. Left at 9am, put up the shed for him and reach home by 8.30.
    rainy season, on the way there saw 3 Lamborghini piled up in an accident. On the way back, saw an accident involving a few vehicles. Read in the news the next day about 3 casualties.
    If a 10 is near impossible, then we all at least have a 9!

Default 777 in one day

Me on my 9 and the wife on her C50. Started in Escondido, down to San Diego, over to Yuma, up to Gila Bend, over to Blythe, Palm Desert to Temecula to home. 12 hours 777 door to door. Variation of 50 degrees or more. We werent prepared to say the least but that is our bragging rights.