Tsukayu Batwing Fairing, Hard SaddleBags and Trunk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tsukayu Batwing Fairing, Hard SaddleBags and Trunk

Default Tsukayu Batwing Fairing, Hard SaddleBags and Trunk

For the guys running this set-up. Does the Tsukayu Batwing Fairing, Hard Saddlebags and Trunk add a lot of weight to your bike? Also, can you keep the factory lower fairings?
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

you can not run the stock lowers with the bat wing . and it does not weigh much the radio and speakers make up most of the weight .when i did try at a second pass at the MAM i removed the bat wing and it only made it worse for me ( im now used to having it on ) the bags with mounts maybe weigh a 1 lb or so each more then stock with the mounts but its probaly not even that . i dont have the trunk so no comment on that part . I can remove the bat wing and bags in less then a min for all 3 .
    2008 c109rt . wolo air horn, gman tre, gman bully ,kuryakyn cruiser pegs, tsukayu jumbo strong bags ,tsukayu 6x9 bat wing , LED head light, driver backrest, k&n air filters, m109 tach, and electric cruise control ahhh !

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    For the guys running this set-up. Does the Tsukayu Batwing Fairing, Hard Saddlebags and Trunk add a lot of weight to your bike? Also, can you keep the factory lower fairings?
    Some weight, but it still handles excellent

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Ordered my saddle bags april 22nd from mean cycles. Still havent got them so i have no comment except wheres.my freakin bags mean cycles..sorry had to vent

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1r View Post
    you can not run the stock lowers with the bat wing . and it does not weigh much the radio and speakers make up most of the weight .when i did try at a second pass at the MAM i removed the bat wing and it only made it worse for me ( im now used to having it on ) the bags with mounts maybe weigh a 1 lb or so each more then stock with the mounts but its probaly not even that . i dont have the trunk so no comment on that part . I can remove the bat wing and bags in less then a min for all 3 .
    Ok, that's not a big problem. I can replace my Suzuki engine bars with a set of Cobra Fatties and then put sage chaps on the Fatties to take the place of the lowers. I'm definitely thinking about the GPS Batwing and the leather covered bags with brake lights installed, that way I only have to get the Batwing painted. I may get the vinyl covered trunk too.
    Last edited by silveradols; 07-02-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Default Almost done!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0284-001.jpg 
Views:	2575 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	87706This year added the trunk prior to a ride to WV. Totally completes the touring package. Love the way the bags, trunk and fairing all match. Next is to replace the front lighting (except my HID headlight) with LED's
    Steve
    Tsukayu Strong hard bags, trunk and batwing with top and side rails and LED lighting; Mustang Seat; Bakup backrest; Cobra engine guards; OEM driving lights; HID headlamp; Kuryakyn ISO highway pegs, grips & throttle boss; Kuryakyn handlebar power point; RAM GPS & Sirius Satellite radio mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by sf109r View Post

ID:	87706This year added the trunk prior to a ride to WV. Totally completes the touring package. Love the way the bags, trunk and fairing all match. Next is to replace the front lighting (except my HID headlight) with LED's
    yea, I've been wanting to get a HID headlight.

Does Tsukayu paint the batwing fairing, saddlebags and trunk to match your bike or do they only come in gloss black, primer or vinyl?

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

That really makes for one nice looking touring bike.
    Grandpa tractor has a nice setup with the corbin stuff. It may be pricey, but it sure does look good.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That really makes for one nice looking touring bike.
    Grandpa tractor has a nice setup with the corbin stuff. It may be pricey, but it sure does look good.
    yea, the corbin stuff costs twice as much as the Tsukayu stuff. Even though the corbin stuff comes in the same color
    as my bike, it's still just to expensive.

Default Paint

My Bike is Black with a blue metal flake. I purchased Tsukayu painted black and it matched up pretty good.
    Steve
    Tsukayu Strong hard bags, trunk and batwing with top and side rails and LED lighting; Mustang Seat; Bakup backrest; Cobra engine guards; OEM driving lights; HID headlamp; Kuryakyn ISO highway pegs, grips & throttle boss; Kuryakyn handlebar power point; RAM GPS & Sirius Satellite radio mounts.

My Bike is Black with a blue metal flake. I purchased Tsukayu painted black and it matched up pretty good.
    My bike is red, white and blue. two-tone blue and white separated by a red pinstripe.

Default Paint

My bike is red, white and blue. two-tone blue and white separated by a red pinstripe.
    Your best bet is to do paint at a local shop. Don't think Tsukayu do 2 tone paint. They do colour match but I believe it is one colour only.
    Steve

Yep the Corbin is much more than the Tsukayu stuff but I tell you it is really nice stuff.
    I been thinking about adding the trunk to the side bags but not for sure how the back is compared to the standard back rest.
    Hopefully the if I did pull the trigger on the trunk she would be happy with the back rest or I would have wasted money.
    The space inside the side bags is incredible and can hold a lot of things.
    There is room for a full face helment in each of the bags and a little more room left for other items.

Think any bags other than the stock bags is a improvement as I cannot believe that Suzuki stuck with the bags that were basicly the same size as the C50T.

Have only seen the really cheap aftermarket bags on another C109 was not really impressed with them.
    I know Tsukayu makes a couple different models so I'm not for sure which after market bags were on there but they were cheap....

I was over at a victory dealer the other day and their bags looked small kinda like Harley bags which I think are small in comparison to the Corbin Bags.

I'm suprised that more makers have not made the wider bags for curisers as I do think they would sell like hot cakes.

John

yea, the corbin stuff costs twice as much as the Tsukayu stuff. Even though the corbin stuff comes in the same color
    as my bike, it's still just to expensive.

Default Corbin v. Tsukayu

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgman View Post
    Yep the Corbin is much more than the Tsukayu stuff but I tell you it is really nice stuff.
    I been thinking about adding the trunk to the side bags but not for sure how the back is compared to the standard back rest.
    Hopefully the if I did pull the trigger on the trunk she would be happy with the back rest or I would have wasted money.
    The space inside the side bags is incredible and can hold a lot of things.
    There is room for a full face helment in each of the bags and a little more room left for other items.

Think any bags other than the stock bags is a improvement as I cannot believe that Suzuki stuck with the bags that were basicly the same size as the C50T.

Have only seen the really cheap aftermarket bags on another C109 was not really impressed with them.
    I know Tsukayu makes a couple different models so I'm not for sure which after market bags were on there but they were cheap....

I was over at a victory dealer the other day and their bags looked small kinda like Harley bags which I think are small in comparison to the Corbin Bags.

I'm suprised that more makers have not made the wider bags for curisers as I do think they would sell like hot cakes.

John
    I have the Corbin Fleetliner saddlebags, too. Funny hearing someone in AZ ask where their Tsukayu bags are because I had the same experience with Corbin. I fought with them for fourteen weeks before I finally got them. I absolutely love the amount of room I have in them, but there seems to be an issue with the hinge on the left bag, so the lid is hanging low an doesn't line up the latch nicely. I want the Tsukayu GPS Fairing, but can't pull the trigger on that quite yet. Now, if only Corbin made a Fleetliner touring pack trunk with arm rests that could compete with the (dare I say IT?) HD, I know I could convince the wife it would be a wise investment!

It took around 4 to 6 weeks to get mine but I was going thru a dealer (Gman Industries) and he dealt directly with Corbin and was able to keep me abreast of the reason they were behind. I agree on the Trunk wish I could find one with the arm rest.
    The wife would love that as she wants a Lazy Boy on the back of the bike.
    Wondering if I could buy the Backrest seat from HD and modify the Corbin Trunk to fit the two together.
    Thinking that would be sweet.....
    http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...r-pak-backrest
    http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/box2hsc109r.shtml
    I had to adjust my left bags latch as it did not seem to fit right when I closed it and now it closes much better.
    Love the fact that my helmet fits right into the bags without any issues........
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut23343 View Post
    I have the Corbin Fleetliner saddlebags, too. Funny hearing someone in AZ ask where their Tsukayu bags are because I had the same experience with Corbin. I fought with them for fourteen weeks before I finally got them. I absolutely love the amount of room I have in them, but there seems to be an issue with the hinge on the left bag, so the lid is hanging low an doesn't line up the latch nicely. I want the Tsukayu GPS Fairing, but can't pull the trigger on that quite yet. Now, if only Corbin made a Fleetliner touring pack trunk with arm rests that could compete with the (dare I say IT?) HD, I know I could convince the wife it would be a wise investment!

When I had my C in the Suzuki dealer for service here in Stuttgart, they had a new C90 on the showroom floor.

The saddlebags on that baby were NICE! Emphasis on nice.

I will see if I can find a photo.

If not, I will swing by and take some with my blackberry.

Cannot get the photo, but here is the website. The bags are large and lockable.

http://motorrad.suzuki.de/index.php?id=1323
    Last edited by Devildog73; 09-05-2013 at 08:52 AM.

those bags look big but when you open them there is not much room

brad

Default Tsukayu

Your best bet is to do paint at a local shop. Don't think Tsukayu do 2 tone paint. They do colour match but I believe it is one colour only.
    I bought a set of bags from Tsukayu and i have the yellow LE 109r with the white stripe. they matched the yellow up great!!! the colors looks factory done. they charge me an extra 450 for two stage paint.

Default Tsukayu has colorite

they use Colorrite to match up your bike as long as it's a factory paint job. they match great!!!

Give me just a few days and I will have pics of mine painted to match my bike ( the candy Indy blue , with white pearl separated by the red pin stripe under the clear coat . Bat wing is done bags just need to cleared and buff. The colorrite matching was great !
    2008 c109rt . wolo air horn, gman tre, gman bully ,kuryakyn cruiser pegs, tsukayu jumbo strong bags ,tsukayu 6x9 bat wing , LED head light, driver backrest, k&n air filters, m109 tach, and electric cruise control ahhh !

http://i.imgur.com/d8SUOtF.jpg

It is not done but this pic was taken before it was even buffed out . And yes the bike is filthy it nearly always is . I will post another pic or two ( link anyway ) when the hard bags het put back on .

It is not done but this pic was taken before it was even buffed out . And yes the bike is filthy it nearly always is . I will post another pic or two ( link anyway ) when the hard bags het put back on .
    Looks pretty good. There's a painter here that's done some bike paint work for a friend of mine and they did a pretty good job. They even painted his prosthetic leg to match his bike....LOL!!!

Very Active Member Banditblaster's Avatar

Default Tsukayu

I ordered a Batwing fairing and their Jumbo bags directly from the Tsukayu website, for my C.
    I ordered them on the 18th, and the bags arrived today(30th) in Canada. We even had 2 holiday days up here.
    The fairing will be moulded in the next couple weeks.
    their communication has been great. They let me know, when the received my order, when and what was shipped, they explained the lateness of the fairing, and any questions I had, were promptly answered.

as long as the fairing comes when they say, they have been a real pleasure to deal with. The bags look awesome. Pretty decent quality.

thanks.

Default Tsukayu

Just an update. I ordered my Jumbo bags and Gen 3 Fairing on Dec 18. My bags arrived Dec 31, and my fairing arrived Jan 17th. Very impressed with the lot. I see no issues with them so far, and they seem pretty sturdy. Now for some paint. I have a 2 tone bike, so I ordered everything primer coated.

thanks.

Default Update?

Quote Originally Posted by Banditblaster View Post
    Just an update. I ordered my Jumbo bags and Gen 3 Fairing on Dec 18. My bags arrived Dec 31, and my fairing arrived Jan 17th. Very impressed with the lot. I see no issues with them so far, and they seem pretty sturdy. Now for some paint. I have a 2 tone bike, so I ordered everything primer coated.

thanks.
    So 60 days later, how does it all look?

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut23343 View Post
    So 60 days later, how does it all look?
    sorry, I haven't seen this post lately.

The pieces were pretty good, just a little block sanding involved, to make sure everything was smooth. I ordered Gmans exhaust, so I was waiting for it to be delivered before the bags go on. I didn't want to mount them, then install the new exhaust and have a big gap. Then I'll post some pics.

If the exhaust is delayed much in May, I'll post pics of the fairing and bags can sit on the ground.

hurry with pics of the new pipes and a full review !
    id also like to see how you paint up yours since you also have the 2 tone paint treatment . I kind of like the way i did mine but i could have been happier with the way i did the bags . since I had a little incident in Flordia i get to repaint one of them . and im thinking of maybe redoing both now to see about making them better . what i found to be rather hard about the painting to match was the stupid pinstripe and get it under the clear

Looks good Bary . Do you think a light bar would fit with the fairing?

I now run a barons light bar , I am using an As7 auto switch for the driving lights. The turn signals are 20 watt halogen units that are single filaments I do plan to alter the wiring using 2 single pole double throw micro relays to regain back my marker lights. I have also removed the HID unit from my head light and have gone LED . There is lots of light available off the front of the bike