Should I chuck my 07 factory pipes

Thread: Should I chuck my 07 factory pipes

Default Should I chuck my 07 factory pipes

Had my 07 factory pipes sitting around since....07. Any value in them? any offers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I bought a set that had never been installed for $25 on CL. He had them for sale at $150 for a few months and no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R Pearl White - Mods: Gutted/Debaffled Exhaust, Yana Shiki 2" Bones, TDE TRE, V-Stream Windshield, Debadged, Debeavered, Kury Rear Tails, Tach Relocated, Kury ISO Grips, Kury Transformer Throttle Boss, Baron Bullet Bar Ends, Kury Switchblade Pegs, Cyclehouse Levers, Boulevard Mirrors, Rivco Highway Pegs, Corbin Seat, Metz 240/160. ​RIP

Very Active Member

You could offer them up to someone who would be willing to pay to have them shipped...I gave mine to someone on the site who needed them...

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member DEADLYCHEEZE's Avatar

Yeah I saw how difficult it was to sell them so I sent them to scrap. Now I wish I had done a modded exhaust with the stockers.

Quote Originally Posted by DEADLYCHEEZE View Post
    Yeah I saw how difficult it was to sell them so I sent them to scrap. Now I wish I had done a modded exhaust with the stockers.
    Sold mine for $110

There is some value. I removed all the heat shields and sold them (they went quick) and some guys want head pipes to fab their own pipes (although I kept mine for future modding)

Very Active Member DEADLYCHEEZE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy9 View Post
    Sold mine for $110
    Rub it in!

Very Active Member She's real fine my 109's Avatar

If i neaded them bad, ld drive to NY to pick them up or pay to get it here.
    Good combo for the nine. 265/40/18 or P265/45R 18 Michelin Pilot Sport and Metz 130/70/18 front. Try it, youll like it.
    What other people think of you is none of your business.
    Never judge someone by the opinion of another.

Quote Originally Posted by Crotch2cruiser View Post
    Had my 07 factory pipes sitting around since....07. Any value in them? any offers?
    If they are in mint condition I might be interested if we meet half way, Montréal New York isn't too bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half way to Montreal is a little to far for me. :)

I'm keeping mine in the original condition. In case TPTB decide, after loud pipes start really pissing others off, that they are going to enforce the laws already on the books and make us keep our stock pipes on or no pass inspection. It could happen, it's happened in some areas in the U.S. already. Coming to a neighborhood near you if you keep battering peoples ears with your loud ass bike. When it happens, I won't say "I told you so!".
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I'm keeping mine in the original condition. In case TPTB decide, after loud pipes start really pissing others off, that they are going to enforce the laws already on the books and make us keep our stock pipes on or no pass inspection. It could happen, it's happened in some areas in the U.S. already. Coming to a neighborhood near you if you keep battering peoples ears with your loud ass bike. When it happens, I won't say "I told you so!".
    very possible. I got hit with a $125 noise ordinance ticket for mine.
    Chrome factory rims, 280 metz, 160 batttleaxe, fat forks, grips, tach relocated, chin spoiler, ATRE, Fi2000, cobra swept, chrome covers, debeaver, blue led kit, seat cowl, 2" drop. COMING SOON (hopefully): air-ride w/center stand, 2" lowering spring, smoked taillight, side plate, chrome calipers/mounts/rotors, digital gauges, 2nd gear overhaul w/ cams, performance clutch, and more leds.

I've bought 4 set of these, factory take off from the dealer for $75 each. There is a guy here locally that is selling on CL asking $225 for a set. I don't have the heart to bust his bubble. And it's none of my business what he asks for them.
    Always tell the truth and kiss a$$ for nobody.
    Cycle House Q5 Big Air breathers, K&N, PCV w/ O2, Barons Bars, Cycle House Big tire chrome swingarm, 10" rim 300 Rear, Cycle House Levers and Kickstand, 2.25 Bones, SuperTrapp morph exhaust, Ultimate seat......."I LLLike It a LLLot"...

Very Active Member

what on earth do you need 4 sets for?
    Chrome factory rims, 280 metz, 160 batttleaxe, fat forks, grips, tach relocated, chin spoiler, ATRE, Fi2000, cobra swept, chrome covers, debeaver, blue led kit, seat cowl, 2" drop. COMING SOON (hopefully): air-ride w/center stand, 2" lowering spring, smoked taillight, side plate, chrome calipers/mounts/rotors, digital gauges, 2nd gear overhaul w/ cams, performance clutch, and more leds.

Quote Originally Posted by tagenz View Post
    very possible. I got hit with a $125 noise ordinance ticket for mine.
    When I got the Tri Pro, one of the factors that I was after, aside from looking good, was that it not be too loud. And that it is not, really like it, Would hate to have to re-install the ugly FAT stock pipes again. But the hand writing is on the wall, so to speak. There were discussions about it here in Oklahoma City a few years ago. They went no where at the time. But I fear the worst in the not-too-distant future. So my stock pipes are boxed up, and sitting in the corner of my garage, for that unhappy occasion, when it gets here.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Just bought to have around. Make factory shorties. Did a Supertrapp mod with a set. Just play around and experiment with them. Not to mention if I scuff one I'd have extra parts.

Quote Originally Posted by tagenz View Post
    what on earth do you need 4 sets for?
    Always tell the truth and kiss a$$ for nobody.
    Cycle House Q5 Big Air breathers, K&N, PCV w/ O2, Barons Bars, Cycle House Big tire chrome swingarm, 10" rim 300 Rear, Cycle House Levers and Kickstand, 2.25 Bones, SuperTrapp morph exhaust, Ultimate seat......."I LLLike It a LLLot"...

Very Active Member

When I got the Tri Pro, one of the factors that I was after, aside from looking good, was that it not be too loud. And that it is not, really like it, Would hate to have to re-install the ugly FAT stock pipes again. But the hand writing is on the wall, so to speak. There were discussions about it here in Oklahoma City a few years ago. They went no where at the time. But I fear the worst in the not-too-distant future. So my stock pipes are boxed up, and sitting in the corner of my garage, for that unhappy occasion, when it gets here.
    If this happens, aftermerket pipe companies will have to make their pipes quieter...or go out of business...there's no reason aftermarket pipes can't be made quieter...

Quote Originally Posted by grampi View Post
    If this happens, aftermerket pipe companies will have to make their pipes quieter...or go out of business...there's no reason aftermarket pipes can't be made quieter...
    I agree with you. Myself, I have never had a really obnoxiously loud aftermarket pipe. All of mine have been reasonable, or made that way by slipping in alternative baffles. I am not after the utmost in performance, just like a nice looking pipe and a nice tone. I certainly hope things remain as they are, they've been this way forever. I just fear that too many people are pushing the limits of tolerance these days, and one day were all going to pay the price.

Off my soapbox. Y'all have a good weekend. Today is Friday for me. Government furlough's ya know. Three day weekends are nice, but the missing day's pay sucks.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Already happened here in CA. You can't legally change your stock exhaust now. New law for bikes manufactured in 2013 (and forever more no doubt).
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I have a mint factory exhaust that i would like to sell !!
    Has to be black and dripping with chrome !

I'll take the heat shields off of them and pay shipping if you're willing to do that. I mainly need the shields off of the head pipes...
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

[email protected]

It could happen, it's happened in some areas in the U.S. already. Coming to a neighborhood near you if you keep battering peoples ears with your loud ass bike.
    It could also not happen if people would stop voting for oppressive, democrat candidates (all 1%ers by the way-the rich kind)..... just sayin.

This is the land of the free, right? And a taxpaying citizen in CA isnt even allowed to buy some different exhaust pipes for their motorcycle? I miss my grandfather dearly, but am glad he is gone so that he doesn't have to see the country and its freedom that he and millions of other 18 yr olds put their lives on the line to fight for disappear and end up becoming the liberty stealing countries he and his peers fought against.
    Last edited by dgk1979; 07-20-2013 at 02:15 AM.
    '08 Black M109R2

Xoprodox Black Foam Spike XL Grips, De-beavered, De-stickered, Smoked integrated tail light, Radiantz LED license plate,Suzuki Carbon Gel Seats, Carbon Fiber tank bra