M109 Rider Forums banner

My take on an intake

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  motech 
#1 ·
Tableware Dishware Kitchen utensil Guitar accessory Plate
Made it out of stainless steel with a 3 inch pipe for mounting air filter. I made it so it attaches via 3 bolts onto stock filter housing to make things easier and no worrying about anything falling off will show pics when finally on, Thanks mark and Wildman for the help on getting this done.

See less See more
#5 ·
That looks good, can't wait to see how it looks with a pair of them on.

I saw a HD a couple weeks ago with what looked like a 4" stainless exhaust turnout for a filter inlet. It was a 90 degree angle turnout, so it pointed directly forward. I tried seeing a filter in it but couldn't, and the owner wasn't around to ask so I didn't want to be looking too close. Gave me some things to think about.

#6 ·
Almost forgot to show finished product

Here are some pics after through a rainstorm and the sun finally came out. Rechecked everything after a week on the bike and everything is tight; filters don't shake at all because of mounting onto stock filter mount which is rubber isolated. From the front looks like Yosemite Sam. :evil: PS. Thanks Wildman and Mark for finding me Mike the welder .

Attachments

#7 ·
Here are some pics after through a rainstorm and the sun finally came out. Rechecked everything after a week on the bike and everything is tight; filters don't shake at all because of mounting onto stock filter mount which is rubber isolated. From the front looks like Yosemite Sam. :evil: PS. Thanks Wildman and Mark for finding me Mike the welder .
The reflection of the filter is showing on the stainless it looks kinda strange in the picture on the right side but that is a 3 inch pipe cut at a 60 degree angle and welded on the inside to the mounting plate.

#10 ·
MO

Great work those look pretty sick. Now that you have them on will have to link up soon for a ride. I was talking to another rider close to us seems there are 6 of us within 15-20 mins of each other so maybe have to do a Sunday breakfast and ride. Seems like Sunday is the one day that we are all off on so I will let you know what we come up with.

Congrats on the intakes I'm sure its a great feeling to have your idea become a reality.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

#12 ·
weekend

MO

Great work those look pretty sick. Now that you have them on will have to link up soon for a ride. I was talking to another rider close to us seems there are 6 of us within 15-20 mins of each other so maybe have to do a Sunday breakfast and ride. Seems like Sunday is the one day that we are all off on so I will let you know what we come up with.

Congrats on the intakes I'm sure its a great feeling to have your idea become a reality.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
Hey thanks, my weekend is on Tues and Thurs. so if someone plays hookie on those days I'm in.:bigthumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.