M109 Rider Forums banner

What is the average age on this forum?

13K views 227 replies 187 participants last post by  carmaneric 
#1 ·
I'm just curious, because a co worker told me that a Suzuki M90 or 109 is an old man's bike. He said that I should have brought another ZX-6R or a Z1000, Gixxer whatever....

After awhile I would grow tired and want a nimble bike again...

He then added in that the M90 is an old man's bike...which caught my attention and made me curious about this site and the owners on it.

So.....are you old men here? I notice the atmosphere on this forum is chill and helpful
btw I am in my early 30's just to add

#3 ·
There seems to be ages across the board on this forum. If I had to guess, I would think that the average age of folks on this forum is in the 40-50 range. I am in my early 30's.

I think the 9 is an obvious choice for people coming off of sport bikes but not ready for the full out cruiser. I came off of a CBR 900.

#197 ·
I fit into this catagory.... getting a 109 end of this month, middle of next..

I'm 42 and have been riding sportbikes all my life. Getting tired of my back hurting on long rides, wrists hurting from trying to give my back a rest and leaning on the grips... legs don't bend as easily as they used to and I generaly just dont recovery quickly from an all day ride on a sportbike.

M109 is a sportbike dressed as a cruiser.

#4 ·

#7 ·
I'm 23. I would never guess this as an old guy bike at all.

#10 ·

#16 ·
You are only as old as you feel...hell, after a few Wild Turkeys I feel real young then next day I feel real old. :drool: 58 here.

#19 ·
44 but you're only as old as you feel...

#22 ·
48 laps around the sun and I can remember most of them, a few years were spent proving that all the stuff they say will stunt your growth was wrong...... damn.... they were right:confused:

#23 ·
Old Geezer -- YES!

Yea, interesting comments so far on this "old geezers" drive C & M109's.
I'm 71, soon to be 72, and I moved up from a C90 to a C109 for the comfort, handling and just plain fun. Obviously, I just added to the average age of the C109 riders, but so far, I'm just loving it! I'm in good shape, and can handle the weight, abiet at slow speeds, it stresses me. I have all to many friends driving Harleys at close to 900#, and they accept it as a given. Heavy bike --- good ride. Attitude is everything. Don't look at it as a heavy ride, but something beautiful, comfortable, and for the reasonable skilled rider of many years, easy to handle. Life is good!

#25 ·
42 but I act like I'm 12

#27 ·
60 here... and I still ride it like I stole it.. been on two wheels ever since I left the breast ...:doorag:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.