Spark Plugs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spark Plugs

Here's what my old plugs looked like:

How should I adjust my Bully controller and which mode should be adjusted?
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I may get a Cobra tuner for my bike. It looks like it's easier to adjust than my GMan Bully controller.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Very Active Member geofftl1000r's Avatar

They are some dirty plugs you have there!

The old days of holding the bike flat out and doing a plug chop to guess jet settings are way gone!

You kinda have to guess at what throttle setting you use and adjust the setting on the box that covers that area.
    Really is trial and error without measuring the afr at the headers.
    Someone who's plugs are a good colour should be able to get you close though.

The Cobra power pro gets a lot of good posts on here.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by geofftl1000r View Post

The old days of holding the bike flat out and doing a plug chop to guess jet settings are way gone!

You kinda have to guess at what throttle setting you use and adjust the setting on the box that covers that area.

yea, a plug chop would be a PITA with 4 plugs, especially with that front cylinder top plug. I would get an afr meter, but that's expensive for a one-time use. The Cobra comes with pre-sets for stock, after market exhaust and after market air intake. I mean I like the GMan Bully controller, but I'm having trouble getting it just right.

it's amazing what a difference a set of NEW spark plugs can make. She's purring now.

How to rule out a Spark Plug as your problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnd7P7O_vEQ
    "Hunter"
    Suzuki M1800R - no rules great fun

Very Active Member

Default spark plug

Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    I know I'm reviving an old thread, but here's an update on my plugs. 3 of them are easy with the gas tank off. However, the top front cylinder plug is a PITA. I didn't remove my air box and see no reason to. It's not going to make any difference either way.
    i use a shorty extension 1.5 " i believe and a 3"
    08 c109rt
    bully k&n stealth intakes tre crash bars highway pegs, tank bra
    Hk sideburners mustang seat tsukayu batwing tsukayu jumbo strong bags

Quote Originally Posted by big jeff View Post
    i use a shorty extension 1.5 " i believe and a 3"
    I used a long extension with a swivel thing on the socket. I was able to use my special socket on the other 3 plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by "Hunter" View Post
    How to rule out a Spark Plug as your problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnd7P7O_vEQ
    I don't need to do all of that to check my plugs. It's pretty obvious why they weren't working properly. They were fouled out. They don't work to good when they are as black as mine were.

This is a DIY tutorial about how to change the 4 spark plugs of our C´s. I think most of you understand spanish, but if you find any term, word or process you don´t understand, let me know, and I try to explain in my best english (... that anytimes is not the best it could be...).

It was made for me, a couple of months ago and I tried to explain step-by-step, includin pictures taken for me, and others copied from the workshop manual.

Sorry anyway not to be written in english, but I did it for an spanish web of Suzuki owners, but repeat that if anybody want to know anything about any step, becouse doesn´t understand what the text meen, let me know and I´ll try to traduce it for him.

The link to dwonload the tutorial is this: http://1drv.ms/1q0R2D0

Just only two more things...

1º: As its show in tuto, I think it is imposible to change the spark plug inserted on the top of the front cilinder, without unmounting the Airbox firstable.
    2º: The box spanner for the spark plugs, is a 19 mm. one.

... Good rides all of you, wherever you were.
    The ability to survive is the ability to adapt oneself to the evironment. Be a wolf inside, free and wild, even you must show as a lamb.

I was able to change my front plug without removing my airbox. I took the bolt out of the brake line junction and unbolted the coil bracket, so I could push them out of the way. The I was able to get to the plug with a swivel and long extension. Once It was loosened, I simply slid a piece of hose over the tip and unscrewed the plug. I used the same piece of hose to install the new plug and then tight it back up with my ratchet. Then I buttoned everything back up, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by geofftl1000r View Post

The Cobra power pro is a POS unless you install on a US spec bike....

Quote Originally Posted by ginjerking View Post
    I dont know who fed you that info they are popular here in the u.k i had one on my 2011 model and now have one on my new Boss and they make a big difference,i can tell you,just remove the o2 sensors and fit sensor eliminators and they work as they do on the u.s.a bikes

Default Cobra FI2000 PowrPro is not POS! You should correct your statement

Quote Originally Posted by ginjerking View Post
    I agree with festervan 100% ! I have both M109R US specs bike and also VZR1800 in Europe.
    Cobra FI2000 PowrPro (same model# 92-1845AT ) works flawlessly on both , on the European
    one I removed O2 sensors plugged in O2 sensors eliminators just like festervan did.
    There must be some misinformation on your side, and you should correct your statement.
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.