Cobra swepts - help!

Thread: Cobra swepts - help!

Default Cobra swepts - help!

Anyone in the middle Tennessee area have cobra swepts on their 9? I'm looking at buying some and want to hear them first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Dont live near you but trust me you will not be disapointed. One of the best sounding exausts for the 9.

"Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better"

3 posts
    ]

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by palv109 View Post
    Dont live near you but trust me you will not be disapointed. One of the best sounding exausts for the 9.
    ]

just put them on mine and sound great,,, youtube videos available to hear and see as well

Quote Originally Posted by GassGuzzler View Post
    3 posts
    I know right!

I don't have a drive by, but they are w/ modified baffles.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

I am planning on doing this too with the baffles. Just buy them. You won't regret it.

Sent from Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Would any of ya'll say that they have a "Puffing" sound at idle? I've heard that on M109s and thats what I'm trying to avoid. One of those cases of I hate harley's but like the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwill View Post
    Would any of ya'll say that they have a "Puffing" sound at idle? I've heard that on M109s and thats what I'm trying to avoid. One of those cases of I hate harley's but like the sound.
    From what I remember before modifying the baffles it did, but it doesn't now. Did you listen to the video? Seems like a lot of them do that regardless of exhaust.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

I remember seeing that post of yours where you modified your baffles but now I can't find it. Metal screens or something like that? Do you have the link handy?

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    From what I remember before modifying the baffles it did, but it doesn't now. Did you listen to the video? Seems like a lot of them do that regardless of exhaust.

I remember seeing that post of yours where you modified your baffles but now I can't find it. Metal screens or something like that? Do you have the link handy?
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158240

Cool. I may have to call you when I get my pipes. Looks easy enough though. How do you take the baffles out? I've never taken any out so I'm new to this. Do they come out from the header end or tail end?

Cool. I may have to call you when I get my pipes. Looks easy enough though. How do you take the baffles out? I've never taken any out so I'm new to this. Do they come out from the header end or tail end?
    Oh they're a PITA!! Before you install the pipes, you'll have to beat them out from the front, out the back. Use a long extension and a hammer. Make sure you take the set screws out first. Mark one of them as they are pipe specific because of the curve.

the other time consuming part of the mod is shaving down the surface area of the 2 baffle to pipe contact points. They need to be refused so they can be slid back in easily so you can line up the set screw mounting hole. If you have access to a belt sander it will make quick work of it. If not and you have to use a grinding wheel on a bench grinder, it takes forever!!

Crap. Harder than I thought. How can you get a rod into the top pipe with that much curve? May have to get a mechanic friend to help. What do you mean refused?

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    Oh they're a PITA!! Before you install the pipes, you'll have to beat them out from the front, out the back. Use a long extension and a hammer. Make sure you take the set screws out first. Mark one of them as they are pipe specific because of the curve.

the other time consuming part of the mod is shaving down the surface area of the 2 baffle to pipe contact points. They need to be refused so they can be slid back in easily so you can line up the set screw mounting hole. If you have access to a belt sander it will make quick work of it. If not and you have to use a grinding wheel on a bench grinder, it takes forever!!

Crap. Harder than I thought. How can you get a rod into the top pipe with that much curve? May have to get a mechanic friend to help. What do you mean refused?
    Its not hard. The pipe is in two sections. The rear half is not that long.

sent from my galaxy S3 from somewhere outside space

Hey B. Or anyone else. Us this ok to wrap the pipes

Should be. Looks similar to what I used

sent from my galaxy S3 from somewhere outside space

Ok cool. Thanks