I hope Megan knows what she's in for! (I got engaged)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope Megan knows what she's in for! (I got engaged)

Default I hope Megan knows what she's in for! (I got engaged)

Well as some of you already know. I decided to make Megan a honest woman and asked her to marry me. Still not sure why she agreed but she did. Since I am making the move to Raleigh, NC in April I wanted her to come with me (For most guys this is all the information you need,but since there are guys like CMHGUY who want to know when I asked her, how did I ask her, and what does the ring looks like?)

Here you go!

I asked her last weekend while we were on a weekend trip to Big Ceder Lodge on Table Rock Lake (South of Branson, MO).

Saturday morning we went trout fishing at Lake Taneycomo. We got there before the Sun was up and put on the waders and ventured down to the waterfront. Just for the record Megan loves trout fishing. I had caught a few trout but Megan was cold and got skunked so she was ready to head into town and get breakfast. So we went back up to the truck and took off the gear and I told her "I think I know why you didn't catch any fish today." She said "oh yeah why?" I told her she should have used the "Super Lure". She said "What's the super lure?" I said "well it's only good for one fish, there is no catch and release, and you can't return the lure." She says "why have you not shown me the super lure before?" At this point she is getting mad because she thinks I have been holding out on her and not providing all the best options to catch fish. So to keep her from getting really mad I pulled the ring out of my pocket and asked her to marry me. It was like she looked right past what I was asking her and she said "but what about the super lure?!!!!" I asked her again and it set in real fast that the gold and diamond ring was in fact the super lure.

For some reason she said "Yes!"

She was shaking for about 15 min after i put the ring on her finger (still no tears which I was expecting). She wanted to call her parents who live in Hawaii but I stopped her because it was 9:00 AM in Missouri and it would have been 4:00 AM in Hawaii. I told her her parents already know because I asked for their permission and that's when the tears appeared.

I look forward to my career move to Raleigh, NC and now I have my best friend coming with me!
    Last edited by STL-TIGER; 03-22-2013 at 06:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Congrats, Ben. Great story. I'll be waiting for my invite to the wedding.

-Josh

Very Active Member

congrats man

Nice, congrats. Its the best decission I have ever made. 17 years later I still feel that way. Good luck.
    FOUNDER, HALO NATION ALLIANCE

BIG and a Lifetime of Happiness to the both of you.

-2008 M109R "The Silver Bullet"
    -2013 HD Road King "The Orange Crush"
    -2015 HD Sportster Iron "TBD"

Beautiful story man. I am coming up on 37 yrs with the same woman, and if I can offer you a little advice it's compromise. No couple will ever make it if BOTH aren't willing to bend a little. Wishing you the best and happiness
    Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    George Orwell

Dang Ben, I almost got teary-eyed reading that! Congrats to the both of you. Beautiful story. I'll let Sandy know too, unless she already saw it on facebook and responded. C-ya

Congratulations my friend! I just got engaged myself about 6 months ago, and Its been pretty exciting! I really liked your story about the fishing lure, it was cute. I did something similarily as corny on my part, when I took her to a special spot we go to on our bikes by the lake... I asked her if she wanted to be my riding partner for life and she said "Yes, DUH of course!!" lol.. she's a great gal.

Now, the fun part... I don't know when you plan on getting married but she's going to go straight into "Wedding" mode and shopping around for dresses and all kinds of stuff. This will be your life for the next few months! Enjoy

My parents and brother and niece live close to Raleigh. Maybe one day we'll get together to say hi while I'm in town. My dad rides an M90 and we have another bike there too.
    Previous Bikes: 2001 Honda Shadow VT750, 2005 Suzuki M50, 2005 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Suzuki M109R LE. 1982 Honda CB900F, 2003 Honda ST1300, 2012 Rocket III Roadster Phantom Black
    Current Bikes: 2007 Yamaha MT-01 & 2016 Yamaha Super Tenere ES

Default I don't know you but...

Congrats!

Great story! Super Lure ha?! That thing gave you the catch of your life! Congrats again!

Time is short and have thousands of miles to ride!!!

Before you are married you could eat it after your married you wish you had eaten it
    very slightly modified

Please tell Eric more of the story so he can cry like a little school girl. CONGRATS! You and megatron make a great couple.

For More information check out my WEBSITE HERE!!!

If a 10 is near impossible, then we all at least have a 9!

Quote Originally Posted by La Mulita View Post
    Congrats!

Great story! Super Lure ha?! That thing gave you the catch of your life! Congrats again!
    Plus what La Mulita said!

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

Great news Ben,happy for the both of you...

For your anniversary you can get her the Rapala earrings ,she'll cry again.
    Stav

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Congrats on the engagement! Looking forward to getting together once you move into the Raleigh area. Work is a little slow right now, so let me know if you need someone to help with the housing search in the Raleigh/Apex/Cary area. See you soon.
    Oh, and don't forget about the caravan that we take to Maggie Valley for the pre meet.

Congrats Ben!! My best to you and your bride! My bride and I are coming up on our 37th this May. Congrats again!!
    Go Big or Go Home
    '07 RED -
    Cycle House Big Air intakes, Debadged/Debeavered, PC III, Kuy grips and pegs, 50 watt driving lights, 260 Metz., sport windshield, chrome wheels, Gen III Knight Rider, Drivers Backrest, Dragon Tail Light, Derby and Side Lic Frame, +2 risers, 5" Cannon.

Congrats

well maybe I did ask for all the details but it wasnt that way..... BUT ok I can take it, Len and Ben .... Mr Len your next to make the other megan an honest woman...

i will be looking for the invite Ben, as I would like to be there if it works out... Have you set a date yet? (o crap there I go again!) lol

O well, its only cause I consider you a good friend bro...

Congrats of course to you and Megan!!

Banned

Congrats Ben. Let her know right off the bat who's boss,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, HER LOL, Good luck bro........

Very Active Member grandpatractor's Avatar

Wow Ben! That's great! Even better that she said yes. I'll have to tell my wife cause it will pi$$ her off. We were planning our calendars together and I just asked what day she wanted to get married while we were talking on the phone together. Got the ring later and she is still bugged by it today. LOL
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

That's awesome, love you man!
    Eric is the ghayest.

After Jordon, I guess.

WOW really must be love, that's a lot of mods on that finger
    the probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act

Ben.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Congrats to you Ben, and give Megan my sympathies for her.

Seriously, you have my absolute best wishes. When you find that catch of a life time you really need to keep it. I hope you guys have a very long, happy and healthy marriage!

Congrats ! Thats awesome to hear :)
    As an engagement present you should get her a 9 for her self
    Posted on my BlackBerry Z30.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    And the modding begins ....... Will it EVER end ?\

Marry her quick, before she has time to think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ1 View Post
    WOW really must be love, that's a lot of mods on that finger
    LMAO!! Now that's some funny chit, right there!!

Congrats, buddy!!! I am really happy for you...and I know she makes you happy...so, hey, we are all happy now...how about that??!

Except maybe for Len...he's now in the hot seat for the other MegHan...guess she's gonna have to put the heat on to get his surly @$$ to ask her!!

By the way...nice way to zoom way in on the ring picture so the ring looks enormous...but we know your cheap ass didn't go all out, even though she is a great girl...we know you just didn't have it in you...so, what, did you hold it really close to her eyes so she thought it was a huge ring like with the picture?

Ya know, Ben, Megan's not as dumb as Haywud looks...she'll figure it out...but I am pretty sure Mikey won't...so no worries there! heh heh heh...

Again, seriously, congrats...hope ya bring her to Maggie Valley in June...of course, that will certainly undermine the wedding plans when she meets your circle of 'friends' from there! Just keep her away from Laszlo!!

Very Active Member rockfordrider's Avatar

Awwwwwwww wonderful story but I think you got the better end of the deal. Happy for you guys and wish the two of you many years of joy.
    Bully Bagger

Thanks guys! We have to get the house sold in St. Louis and moved to Raleigh, NC before we set a date. A lot going on in the next 3 months. Looking forward to the Pre-meet and MAM!