looking for automotive transmission mechanic

Thread: looking for automotive transmission mechanic

Default looking for automotive transmission mechanic

anyone know where i can get a fair price and good work to replace the transmission in my truck. the dealers have lost their minds!!!
    "TO PUNISH AND ENSLAVE"

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=JMAKAMN;1749744]anyone know where i can get a fair price and good work to replace the transmission in my truck. the dealers have lost their minds!!![/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth. Had the blower on my heater stop working in my Honda Accord. So I go to the dealer for an estimate. He comes back with over $600 bucks, I came unglued, $600 for a squirrel cage fan? You gotta be nuts. Well we could look for an after market which came in at $300 plus. In the mean time the mech had "worked" on it. I leave the place and the blower is working, so I call back as I am going home and the guy says yeah the mech had beat on it a bit and got it to work. Of coarse I am wtf. I go to NAPA and buy a fan for $60 bucks and its still in my shop because the one in the car is still working. What a rip off. I know oem parts are more expensive but $600 ver $60, come on.

Very Active Member CanadianM109R's Avatar

I had a situation where the Nissan dealer wanted $120 for a knock sensor. I bought a knock sensor for the car online for $7.00. Ummmmmm, can you say PROFIT ?

re: the transmission, have you checked the junkyards? They inventory stuff like this.
    Last edited by CanadianM109R; 03-18-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Grey 08 gone to heaven/ 2010 Connie- my new ride!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Just this morning we went to Chrysler for a stud and 5 lug nuts. Stud cost $11 ea, lug nuts $7 ea...small scale, but still a rip.

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

It's a lil far from you, not sure what you need done but when I worked for a shop in Burtonsville years ago, we used to send all our tranny work to here
    http://thoroughbredautocare.com/

Steve is a very meticulous guy and his shop was always clean. It's been quite a while, but most ppl's work ethics don't change. Maybe he can help you out.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!