2nd gear

Thread: 2nd gear

Default 2nd gear

Probably has been covered here before but my C doesn't shift smoothly into second unless you have low rpm or slow speed. Any other bike i've had it did not matter get on it and shift. This link http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet...o-Shift/Detail shows some parts that will help this. On m109 shop talk there is a thread that shows the installation of these parts. Anyone done this to their C?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I just responded in the other thread to your question.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Billc109rt View Post
    Probably has been covered here before but my C doesn't shift smoothly into second unless you have low rpm or slow speed. Any other bike i've had it did not matter get on it and shift. This link http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet...o-Shift/Detail shows some parts that will help this. On m109 shop talk there is a thread that shows the installation of these parts. Anyone done this to their C?
    I'd thought about it. The I switched to amsoil and my shifting seems a lot better.
    Suzuki windsheild, Cobra Fatty Bars, Suzuki LightBar, 8" Risers, Tank Bra, EMGO® "Big One" mirrors, Hard Chrome Big 3" Straights, Tsukayu hard bags, Russell Cycle Products Custom Saddle, Custom world rack and backrest, G-bushing, Bully FIC and TRE, Sage Brush Designs engine guard chaps. Metzler 880 tires

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I've never had any 2nd gear shifting problems on my bike, even with the hammer down. It could shift a little smoother for my taste, but it's never had a problem shifting.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Cool

I have a heavy clunk into first, once the bike is warmed up, nothing serious but the rest of the changes are all great.
    I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror - The wide brown land for me!

Well i know others feel 2nd gear is rough by looking on the m109 threads. I am going to order the parts and change them out on my next oil change. I'll post pics and what i felt it changed after.

Well i know others feel 2nd gear is rough by looking on the m109 threads. I am going to order the parts and change them out on my next oil change. I'll post pics and what i felt it changed after.
    Don't follow the M riders Bill, they all ride like cowboys, not the gentlemen C riders. :)
    I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror - The wide brown land for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Ray View Post
    Don't follow the M riders Bill, they all ride like cowboys, not the gentlemen C riders. :)
    We're not all cowboys, but I get your point!

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

I agree with you Silveradols, 2nd gear is not a problem just could be smoother, enough so that i'm going to invest a little money and time to make it so.

If it's hard to shift to 2nd, you're probably waiting too long to shift. Why fight it? Shift along the schedule in the manual and it works fine. Personally, I think 1st should be renamed "Low" on these things. Just enough to get you moving...
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

Ace, thats a good way to put it.

I agree with you Silveradols, 2nd gear is not a problem just could be smoother, enough so that i'm going to invest a little money and time to make it so.
    how do you fix it?
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    how do you fix it?
    http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet...o-Shift/Detail

That's a good price.. wow.. normally they're about $200.

I'm tempted to pick one up... hmmmm

After riding this bike for a while, no problem with second gear. Shift into second before 20mph, you can hit second at 30 plus but is shifts harder. Dont know if i'll ever do the gear mod as i was used to riding a different bike (triumph rocket 3). Every bike has its ways and now that i've settled in on the C I have no problems.