The Widest Tire on a C

Thread: The Widest Tire on a C

Default The Widest Tire on a C

What is the widest tire that we can run on our C's?
    Can u run a 280mm without installing a new swingarm?
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Anybody
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    Not sure about that but one suggestion I have is to visit your local motorcycle shop and see if you can get one of their junk tires in the size you want to put on the rim and try it. You should be able to get that tire for free since they have to pay to throw it out. Also, you can change that tire in your garage so it will not cost you anything and you will know what fits and what doesn't. I did that when I switched to 17" rims on my old vmax. It takes a bit of time and work but it's free and you will know for sure what works and what doesn't. Comes in handy especially when you can't find anyone that has done that in the past.

just remember to mark your original tires (with chaulk) before you take it off (I use a valve stem as reference) that way you can put it back on exactly the same way so you don't have to worry about re-balancing it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member grandpatractor's Avatar

Car or bike tire?
    What is the widest bike tire on a 16 inch rim?
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

Quote Originally Posted by mzycki View Post
    Not sure about that but one suggestion I have is to visit your local motorcycle shop and see if you can get one of their junk tires in the size you want to put on the rim and try it. You should be able to get that tire for free since they have to pay to throw it out. Also, you can change that tire in your garage so it will not cost you anything and you will know what fits and what doesn't. I did that when I switched to 17" rims on my old vmax. It takes a bit of time and work but it's free and you will know for sure what works and what doesn't. Comes in handy especially when you can't find anyone that has done that in the past.

just remember to mark your original tires (with chaulk) before you take it off (I use a valve stem as reference) that way you can put it back on exactly the same way so you don't have to worry about re-balancing it.
    So far, I haven't been able to find any wider 16 inch tires, other than what is already on the C.

No, you can not. The 280 tire will not work on the C109 without using some sort of aftermarket swingarm. A friend of mine tried to make this work last summer, and it was just not possible. Nothing lined up properly, as he had to try using a 17" wheel. Nothing was compatible. However, you may have an idea that he and the specialty mechanic/fabricator in our area didn't think of.

Good luck!!!

I wonder if a swingarm from an M will fit on a C?

Never Mind, they want swap. Heck, they look completely different and have 2 completely different part numbers.
    I'll bet I could move up to a 260mm tire, if I could find one in 16 inch.

Never Mind, they want swap. Heck, they look completely different and have 2 completely different part numbers.
    I'll bet I could move up to a 260mm tire, if I could find one in 16 inch.

C has smaller rear tire, wow. we have 18 inch on M

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    C has smaller rear tire, wow. we have 18 inch on M
    Yes, the C has a 240mm tire on a 16 inch wheel and the M has a 240mm tire on an 18 inch wheel.

Default Metzler

the metzler gives you a wider tire because of the ratio (45 vs 50)

Last edited by RadGen; 03-01-2013 at 04:34 AM.
    Suzuki windsheild, Cobra Fatty Bars, Suzuki LightBar, 8" Risers, Tank Bra, EMGO® "Big One" mirrors, Hard Chrome Big 3" Straights, Tsukayu hard bags, Russell Cycle Products Custom Saddle, Custom world rack and backrest, G-bushing, Bully FIC and TRE, Sage Brush Designs engine guard chaps. Metzler 880 tires

Quote Originally Posted by RadGen View Post
    the metzler gives you a wider tire because of the ratio (45 vs 50)

Right. I'm probably going to switch to the Metz's to get the lower profile tire.