109 baton pass across America
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 baton pass across America

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 109 baton pass across America

How about a relay across the country by members of the forum here? The baton consisting of a tube with a piece of paper that contains the name/screen name of every member participating. Has to be done on the bike, not the car.

Starting on one side or the other, a rider or group of riders run a couple hundred miles with the baton, meet with a new rider, enjoy a meet up, have a bite, and a visit. Sign the baton, say good bys and continue on the journey.

Getting a pic of the riders and posting it on the forum telling of their experience for the day.
    At the end, the screen names and miles ridden can be posted on the forum.

To even add a little to it could be to put a dime a mile in that you rode into a kitty to be used as a 50/50 raffle among the participants, and the other half going to a charity of some kind.

There doesn’t need to be a time limit since it would take everyone getting a time to meet the next rider along the way.
    Could do it going north and south too.

It would be a good excuse to get out and go for a ride and meet someone face to face that you only see on a screen otherwise.

Just wanting to know if there is any interest since there are members here that are all over the place.

That is a pretty cool idea.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

I like this. Lets do it.

Banned

I'm in, lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm at one extreme of the USA da NW corner

I'm in Nebraska, the middle of the country, if it were to come this way, the wife and I will be ready on a weekend to go either direction.

Wait until the weather is warmer and you'll probably have more participants. This time of year, not me.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Cool

I'm in for Arizona and/or beyond. Sound like alot of fun.

Very Active Member WindyCityDave's Avatar

I'm in for the Chicagoland area !

WCD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Wait until the weather is warmer and you'll probably have more participants. This time of year, not me.
    Yeah is gonna have to be a little warmer for sure LOL It was -24 in south Oregon this morning..

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    This 70 degree weather here in West Palm Beach, FL is brutal. Heck, it was friggin' 67 degrees when I rode this past Christmas Eve. But I'm sure this cold spell will break in a few months. I'm even thinking about moving farther south.
    Samdman84
    08 M109

Interesting Idea, but I would say it be as it goes along and not a constant one right after another. For the most part though to not have it more than a couple days. Say to have it completed by the end of the riding season or at least down south by winer time. LOL

I'm in WV on the Mason Dixon line.

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan
    With Individual Freedom and Individual Salvation comes Individual Accountability. It brings a rewarding life to all. <--The Huff

Very Active Member FloridaBlueM109R's Avatar

Im down for this.

Sent while not riding the scoot....or am i?
    "Do a few mods they said......It will be fun they said!" My wallet is not seeing the fun as they said! lol

I'm trying to pin myself on the map, but it's not letting me for some reason!??

Sent from my piece of crap Droid
    Custom Front Turn Signals, Custom Paint, Sideburner Exhaust, Tornado Air Kit, Dyno tuned Power Commander 5 with Map Selector, XTRE Power Box, R.I.S. Grips, R.I.S. Risers and Pegs and Oil Cap, Yana Levers and Kickstand, Pro-One Mirrors, 6K HID, Custom Derby Cover, Cycle House 2.25" Lowering Bones, Raw Design Rear Turn Signals, Joe Florida's LED's, One-Off Custom Seats and Backrests, and more to follow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swat267 View Post
    I'm trying to pin myself on the map, but it's not letting me for some reason!??

Send me your location i will pin it for you. Pm it to me.

Looks great we are almost getting there. the area is getting pinned nice so far.

I will update the stat in few hours Dave is tied up with work hopefully we can work out a route plan Final Destination is St Judes place. We will donate the Flag there in the End as per Dave. Would love to be there in the end too. Just hold on for few more days boys this will start rolling soon as soon as the baton and flag are a go.

If it comes through Montana , I am in. And on the map. I am the only one on Montana.
    Last edited by Wild Willy; 02-07-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    Live to ride

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Willy View Post
    If it comes through Montana , I am in.
    It should go where ever this is a pin bro..........

Default Baton Holder

Has anyone thought of some kind of baton holder to display it as it is taken around the world?
    "Don't worry about it rider"

That one Man is the secret theme of the entire revelation of God to man through that which is known as the HOLY BIBLE... JESUS CHRIST.

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    Send me your location i will pin it for you. Pm it to me.

Looks great we are almost getting there. the area is getting pinned nice so far.

I will update the stat in few hours Dave is tied up with work hopefully we can work out a route plan Final Destination is St Judes place. We will donate the Flag there in the End as per Dave. Would love to be there in the end too. Just hold on for few more days boys this will start rolling soon as soon as the baton and flag are a go.
    Thanks brother! 417 Laddingford Lane, League City, TX 77573

Custom Front Turn Signals, Custom Paint, Sideburner Exhaust, Tornado Air Kit, Dyno tuned Power Commander 5 with Map Selector, XTRE Power Box, R.I.S. Grips, R.I.S. Risers and Pegs and Oil Cap, Yana Levers and Kickstand, Pro-One Mirrors, 6K HID, Custom Derby Cover, Cycle House 2.25" Lowering Bones, Raw Design Rear Turn Signals, Joe Florida's LED's, One-Off Custom Seats and Backrests, and more to follow!!!

Default Baton Movement

It's great to see all interest in this project. Here's a thought I know our plans here in FL would be to find out where the Baton was coming into the state and then work with the various groups of folks that ride that area, as I'm sure the Baton will move with the group rather than any one individual rider. Just a thought as we've said let's let the Baton be a Free Spirit and move how it will as long as it moves, so should be no worries about being involved as long as you stay in touch here or on the Facebook page. If we all keep our local clans informed we can make it an Event each time the Baton moves. If needed perhaps we could have 2 to 4 Baton's ( one each corner of the US ) moving simultaneously. Been looking at a bit simpler design, using the 2" x 2" square polished Aluminum tubing with Black Plastic caps lessen the amount of CNC machining needed. We will still engrave them on the sides perhaps we can work the Vtwin patch and globe in on two of sides instead of caps I'll look at that. Give me your feedback I'm gonna order the Material definitely going with the 2" x 2" x 10" tube as that will work best, have Machine Time Scheduled for couple Saturday's from now, using the black plastic premade cap greatly lessen my machine time needed. We'll probably Polish then engrave this should be easier process than trying to polish afterwards and worries of pulling the engraving. So thought on multiple Batons we could still log Total Miles they've all traveled or stick with just 1 Baton and it's mega miles. BTW just thinking out loud here feel free to agree to disagree no worries

Marty

Update: Raw Materials ordered be here next Wednesday
    Last edited by Dr CNC; 01-18-2013 at 07:15 PM.

"Four Wheels move the Body ~ Two Wheels Move the Soul"

Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    It's great to see all interest in this project. Here's a thought I know our plans here in FL would be to find out where the Baton was coming into the state and then work with the various groups of folks that ride that area, as I'm sure the Baton will move with the group rather than any one individual rider. Just a thought as we've said let's let the Baton be a Free Spirit and move how it will as long as it moves, so should be no worries about being involved as long as you stay in touch here or on the Facebook page. If we all keep our local clans informed we can make it an Event each time the Baton moves. If needed perhaps we could have 2 to 4 Baton's ( one each corner of the US ) moving simultaneously. Been looking at a bit simpler design, using the 2" x 2" square polished Aluminum tubing with Black Plastic caps lessen the amount of CNC machining needed. We will still engrave them on the sides perhaps we can work the Vtwin patch and globe in on two of sides instead of caps I'll look at that. Give me your feedback I'm gonna order the Material definitely going with the 2" x 2" x 10" tube as that will work best, have Machine Time Scheduled for couple Saturday's from now, using the black plastic premade cap greatly lessen my machine time needed. We'll probably Polish then engrave this should be easier process than trying to polish afterwards and worries of pulling the engraving. So thought on multiple Batons we could still log Total Miles they've all traveled or stick with just 1 Baton and it's mega miles. BTW just thinking out loud here feel free to agree to disagree no worries

Marty

Update: Raw Materials ordered be here next Wednesday
    Hey Marty Single Baton with Mega miles will be more viable option. We will have one large flag and one baton to ride all over we can capture various clans riders on this single flag. and In the vent we are giving this to St Jude maybe they can do something with it and it makes it easier to give it at one time other wise how too many flags. Just my two cents. I got the flag proof going and they need 2 weeks once approved. I spoke to Dave and we are changing the bottom flag to only have Canada and US dont think any riders out in Mexico. So i am going to send different design. As for Patches nothing has come back from Throweb i will get in touch with him once more to see what can be done. I hate to bother Joe over and over, if these guys can do it i ll have to look someplace else and it involves copy right issues. ( Note for everyone: Please dont start the required non required thing about permission, we will only go with permission and if allowed by Joe)

Love the already polished idea. If we keep it simple we should be able to get this going in say 3-4 weeks tops. Like you said on FB or here we can discuss how the route is going to go in between area riders. They can ride as Clan or solo to next tag.

I cant wait to see the finished products and then start the tag.

Narendra

Default Pinned

Quote Originally Posted by Swat267 View Post
    Thanks brother! 417 Laddingford Lane, League City, TX 77573

Hey Bro your pinned i took the house number out. Marked you as black not sure if your burple or black. double click on the icon and you can change the colour if you want.

Also i think this might have been a record in here we have 10 pages in like 5 days of the first post.

I want to thank Narendra and Marty for the work they are putting into this.

I am anxious to get it going. We still have some holes in the map, maybe they can get filled in soon so there can be a plan. There is getting to be a loop, that is good in that we can just get it going and fill in the middle as we can. I think that everyone that is in for this should get the chance to participate. I'm sure I can handle 500 or 600 miles on a weekend, the wife has done that much before too, but we have livestock that has to be tended to a couple times a day at home. Seems the middle of the country is almost void of 109's.

I wonder if a mass email might get some on board that may not have been on the forum for a while?

Default Pinned

Just pinned my self in the Kansas City area if it comes this way
    Burple, Goldwing intake mod, Vrod exhaust mod with supertrapp baffle mod, K&N filters, LE tail light, debeavered, Lowered, ARTE, Fi2000 auto tune, and tons of other mods!!!

Default Final Baton Design

Ok after researching materials and organizing Machine time here's my design I feel I'm gonna go with unless anyone has great objections. As previously stated this will be Mirror Finish Aluminum Polish with the Engraving done on the sides. ( depicted here in Black for visual contrast actual engraving will be in Polished finish ). Then Black Plastic caps for the ends seal in the Flag also changed the Font on Tag to be bit closer to Narendra's flag font. Your opinion appreciated and your entitle to your opinion

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Banned

I added Peace Arch then Portland seems did it have to pins gotta figure out directions.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...4204,79.013672

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    I added Peace Arch then Portland seems did it have to pins gotta figure out directions.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...4204,79.013672
    what I tried to post was a line from the arches to portland. Looked good though but no go LOL

Has anyone thought about the route?? I was thinking if we are going to get everyone in, go from wa to southern call, turn left to AZ north to Idaho, turn right over to Montana, right again south. Just my thoughts. It would be some miles for sure, but everyone would get a shot at this.

My leg of the journey

278 mi, 4 hours 22 mins
    In current traffic: 4 hours 22 mins
    Peace Arch to Portland OR

and if we can rid of these blue temps, we are good to go. Man the east has warmed up nice.

Last edited by Nemo; 01-19-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Turn Narendra's point to A and can then pin everything after that with the next letter. Get directions and then save the map when you are done. The next one would get directions from B to C. Then save again. Should keep saving it until we are done.

Passing the baton will all rely on the schedule of the rider and the receiver. Miles could be a factor in the beginning if we can't find some more participants west of me.

I'm in for this with WindyCityDave and Chicagoland M109rs.

sent from Tigz Galaxy

Very Active Member DarkHorse9825's Avatar

Well if the Baton makes its way to southern Ontario I hope I can take part in this. It sounds like a fun idea.
    The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.