Another dumb tire question SORRY

Thread: Another dumb tire question SORRY

Default Another dumb tire question SORRY

Any thoughts on D251 150/60-18? Never had a problem with the 130's handling just time to replace it. I don't want to run a 160 but want something that has a little more road contact and fills the fender a bit more. I have a 250 elite3 on the back. Thanks for your opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I’m on my third or fourth D251 and handling is better than the stock tire. It cost more than the rear tire E250 and I get over 12K miles out of them. It’s a good choice.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

I had one only last 6k. I won't get another one but it seemed to ride fine. I typically get 2 rears to one front but not with the D251. It wore out before the E3 rear. Don't know if it is the roads or what. Got ME888 130 front and 260 rear now. I will say the 260 is a lot quicker into the turns than the 250 E3. It seems to be getting harder and harder to get there E3 so decided to try the 888. Tried the 880 before and the tire life just wasn't there for the money. Hope these new ones last longer. And yes I am constantly checking tire pressure. Starting to wonder if the springs are worn out causing the wear if that even has an affect.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    I had one only last 6k. I won't get another one but it seemed to ride fine. I typically get 2 rears to one front but not with the D251. It wore out before the E3 rear. Don't know if it is the roads or what. Got ME888 130 front and 260 rear now. I will say the 260 is a lot quicker into the turns than the 250 E3. It seems to be getting harder and harder to get there E3 so decided to try the 888. Tried the 880 before and the tire life just wasn't there for the money. Hope these new ones last longer. And yes I am constantly checking tire pressure. Starting to wonder if the springs are worn out causing the wear if that even has an affect.
    I'm on my fourth D251 and the previous three tire mileages were 12,064, 12,079 and 12,199. I always park my bike on the jack and spin the wheels looking for nails or bolts in the tires. I pre-trip my bike before each ride. I've upgraded my fork springs to 1.1 last year so I'll see if the mileage increase. The shop that installs my tires have the front tire pressure at 36 psi but I increase it to 40 psi.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Default D251

Ordered today! thanks for your input.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    I'm on my fourth D251 and the previous three tire mileages were 12,064, 12,079 and 12,199. I always park my bike on the jack and spin the wheels looking for nails or bolts in the tires. I pre-trip my bike before each ride. I've upgraded my fork springs to 1.1 last year so I'll see if the mileage increase. The shop that installs my tires have the front tire pressure at 36 psi but I increase it to 40 psi.