M109 Rider Forums banner

109 baton pass across America

3M views 3K replies 236 participants last post by  StuporDave 
#1 ·
How about a relay across the country by members of the forum here? The baton consisting of a tube with a piece of paper that contains the name/screen name of every member participating. Has to be done on the bike, not the car.

Starting on one side or the other, a rider or group of riders run a couple hundred miles with the baton, meet with a new rider, enjoy a meet up, have a bite, and a visit. Sign the baton, say good bys and continue on the journey.

Getting a pic of the riders and posting it on the forum telling of their experience for the day.
At the end, the screen names and miles ridden can be posted on the forum.

To even add a little to it could be to put a dime a mile in that you rode into a kitty to be used as a 50/50 raffle among the participants, and the other half going to a charity of some kind.

There doesn’t need to be a time limit since it would take everyone getting a time to meet the next rider along the way.
Could do it going north and south too.

It would be a good excuse to get out and go for a ride and meet someone face to face that you only see on a screen otherwise.

Just wanting to know if there is any interest since there are members here that are all over the place.

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm in, lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm at one extreme of the USA da NW corner

#9 ·
Yeah is gonna have to be a little warmer for sure LOL It was -24 in south Oregon this morning..

#10 ·
Awesome idea. I'm happy to continue it across the southern hemisphere. Im in the US (San Francisco area) this september. I can pick it up and pass it across Australia when I get back.

It would be cool to get a location and hand over picture and post it here when the batton is passed to the next recipiant.

#13 ·
Hey I could start this from Canada drive down to Nemo and pass the baton. When do we start.

You should change this to North America.

We can set up a map to track this and see how many times it zig zags.
There would be no limit to how much of the world it covered. The southern hemisphere could be starting soon and being done before their weather gets bad and we could start in Canada, or Alaska and end in Florida. A map of progress would be fun too.

Of course, I wouldn't want to do it in this weather, guessing it would take half the year just to get it done here if we only went a couple hundred miles a week on weekends. Some may be able to go during the week if they can meet up.

So far, I think NSRair is the northern volunteer. BamBam has a start on the south side.

#16 ·
Interesting Idea, but I would say it be as it goes along and not a constant one right after another. For the most part though to not have it more than a couple days. Say to have it completed by the end of the riding season or at least down south by winer time. LOL

I'm in WV on the Mason Dixon line.:bigthumbsup:

#20 ·
#19 · (Edited)
I like it! It would be cool to see if the baton could make all the meets.

I've got Minnesota covered. I'll bet that I'd have a few other 109's that might make the journey also!

#28 ·
Nebraska

I'm also in as long as it's a weeked:bigthumbsup:

#34 ·
Wouldn't it be cool to do it in 109 days? Might be pushing it on a Contintental wide ordeal...just a crazy thought. I would like to take part of the New England area if possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.