M109 Rider Forums banner

109 baton pass across America

3M views 3K replies 236 participants last post by  StuporDave 
#1 ·
How about a relay across the country by members of the forum here? The baton consisting of a tube with a piece of paper that contains the name/screen name of every member participating. Has to be done on the bike, not the car.

Starting on one side or the other, a rider or group of riders run a couple hundred miles with the baton, meet with a new rider, enjoy a meet up, have a bite, and a visit. Sign the baton, say good bys and continue on the journey.

Getting a pic of the riders and posting it on the forum telling of their experience for the day.
At the end, the screen names and miles ridden can be posted on the forum.

To even add a little to it could be to put a dime a mile in that you rode into a kitty to be used as a 50/50 raffle among the participants, and the other half going to a charity of some kind.

There doesn’t need to be a time limit since it would take everyone getting a time to meet the next rider along the way.
Could do it going north and south too.

It would be a good excuse to get out and go for a ride and meet someone face to face that you only see on a screen otherwise.

Just wanting to know if there is any interest since there are members here that are all over the place.

See less See more
#199 ·
It's too bad we couldn't have a GPS tracking baton. It could plot the exact route each baton took automatically, that everyone could access.
These units are small enough, but things like charging it could be logistically a problem, and some of them require a monthly fee. :(
It would solve the problem of mapping and tracking it though.

In any case, I'm sure I can hook up with Stavros and take the baton for a run across Ontario !!
Great idea.

#201 ·
It's too bad we couldn't have a GPS tracking baton. It could plot the exact route each baton took automatically, that everyone could access.
These units are small enough, but things like charging it could be logistically a problem, and some of them require a monthly fee. :(
It would solve the problem of mapping and tracking it though.
In any case, I'm sure I can hook up with Stavros and take the baton for a run across Ontario !!
Great idea.[/QUOTE]

Hell ya !!! depending on where it entered,Detroit,Buffalo or Kingston we could definitely take it for a good run..Quebec or the east coast :eek: I know you like the long haul Colin..:nojoke:

#205 ·
OK My leg of the run is in. Nitrogary it is. Nice........

#214 ·
Man I'm in that crazy, idea me like it.

#216 ·
YES LETS DO IT.

Man I'm in that crazy, idea me like it.

#217 ·
YES LETS DO IT.

Man I'm in that crazy idea, me like it.

#218 ·
My computer just went crazy. Posted same thread

#220 ·
I like both charities, I know that St. Jude never gives a bill to the parents and most of the people there are volunteers.
When we are done, we could send the flag to the charity we give too and maybe they would give it a little publicity.

I still like the raffle of half of it to the participants too. You ride, you donate, you get a chance to win half the pot.

I started with donating a dime a mile, but some would be out more than others, How about whatever you can afford, or just a set amount like $20. I would think that a PP account or something like that could be set up and then used at the end. Could keep the account for next time then.

Open for better ideas.

I can't wait, this really sounds like fun.

Any ideas for across the pond?

I was thinking also that mileage would be from picking up the baton to passing to the next rider. Could be written on the flag with the name of the rider. Would get a total when it's all done.

#221 ·
What i was thinking is with our flag being big have this small information added.

Rider name and #
from to and miles travelled we will have to keep this one number so maybe convert and write or else it will be lost in translation.

every one follows the same way and easier to tally. signing abanner or flag can get very creative and someone signing in extra large format:D will keep it nice and clean so easier to read and point where you took over and how far you rode.

Another thing we can do is confer upon the rider,

Title of TITANIUM BUTT RIDER who rides the longest we will have to agree if 500 miles is minimum or more with stock or stock gel seats for this challenge before you run into this race Pic of stock seat will be required to enter this competition taken before the ride and at transfer of baton:p . Rider gets Bragging rights for a year.:bigthumbsup:

#223 ·
If we were to give to St. Jude, wouldn't it be cool to have the last rider show up there with the flag and a donation? If they knew it was coming, they might even have a few kids there to watch it being delivered. That would somewhat make sense by having a north, south, and ending up in the center route.

The only problem is that we have two other continents that are wanting to be involved at this time.

#226 ·
Well you could be the contendor for Titanium butt competition lol.

So guys here is the proof of flag i have sent a request to Joe to see if we can get a digital image of Vtwins that is only one issue in this as i copied it from the patch so not very clear.

What do you guys think. It looks great only one thing i am going to ask the place is to make reduce the center size so we have more room to sign around.

thats some great work of Joe up there for world to see.:bigthumbsup:

- Narendra

#228 ·
damn it am at work let me get home i thought so some times my work pc wont allow to see pics so i thought maybe it went through. ill be home around 6 will post them .
Facebook page should have it i think

if we dont have anything in south america side i can change the lower flag to be only Canada and US.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.