M109 Rider Forums banner

109 baton pass across America

3M views 3K replies 236 participants last post by  StuporDave 
#1 ·
How about a relay across the country by members of the forum here? The baton consisting of a tube with a piece of paper that contains the name/screen name of every member participating. Has to be done on the bike, not the car.

Starting on one side or the other, a rider or group of riders run a couple hundred miles with the baton, meet with a new rider, enjoy a meet up, have a bite, and a visit. Sign the baton, say good bys and continue on the journey.

Getting a pic of the riders and posting it on the forum telling of their experience for the day.
At the end, the screen names and miles ridden can be posted on the forum.

To even add a little to it could be to put a dime a mile in that you rode into a kitty to be used as a 50/50 raffle among the participants, and the other half going to a charity of some kind.

There doesn’t need to be a time limit since it would take everyone getting a time to meet the next rider along the way.
Could do it going north and south too.

It would be a good excuse to get out and go for a ride and meet someone face to face that you only see on a screen otherwise.

Just wanting to know if there is any interest since there are members here that are all over the place.

See less See more
#150 ·
Just sent Joe a small request to see if he can do us a custom flag with ihs logo in middle 2X3 flag we can roll give us enough room for all the riders to sign in back. Once this is all sorted out the flag is on the roll and bike will be on the roads.

This should be great fun. We have our facebook page getting added on too and riders signing up in between here and there we can keep good record. If Mods will be so kind to make this a sticky it will be greatly appreciated. I will also send a request to Mods for this

#153 · (Edited)
great going and Bad its as many we can get bro no limitations on one or many in state.

More the merrier.

gonna hit the dream zone if you send FB req Daveor me will approve it, if i am tied at work be little longer but we will get all that wanna ride in there. Others i have sent a request to Lamonster and Board Mods and support asking to make sticky we will keep youall updated. Just working on few logistics of this once all set we will roll.

#164 ·
LOL Yup and warmup already,,,,,,I wanna ride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,26*

#167 ·
Havent looked. Have the oregon boys dotted up LOL

#174 · (Edited)
I dont start back to work till June. Hell i will ride a couple days LOL

Just looked , there still is only 2 of us on the whole west coast WTF. COME ON WEST COAST!!!!!!!!!!!

#170 ·
Square Baton ???

Ok Folks I know these aren't quite as sexy as the round ones but if we can live with square one I can get them done much much quicker. Unless there a 4 axis CNC owner out there that wants to donate some time. I have thousands of post I can use to create Gcode files with. Anyway let me know what ya all think we can try to get the tubing with rounded corners instead of square. Let me know your thoughts.

#173 ·
Ok Folks I know these aren't quite as sexy as the round ones but if we can live with square one I can get them done much much quicker. Unless there a 4 axis CNC owner out there that wants to donate some time. I have thousands of post I can use to create Gcode files with. Anyway let me know what ya all think we can try to get the tubing with rounded corners instead of square. Let me know your thoughts.

thats as beautiful as other round one.

#176 ·
I would like to get pined on the Key West area but I guess I'm not very computer savy. Can I get some help ?? :dontknow:

#178 ·
Very nice mr niceguy.. I am willing to ride to Oregon. You could meet me somewhere On I 5.

#184 ·
Update on Run

Thanks for the move.

All right so we have been working on this event to get it moving, we got a bit of help to check with Kawa site and their run so we took the ideas from them.

I am currently awaiting quoted from 2-3 places for the Map. Joe was very kind to allow use of his designs to be used. We will use the map as our sheet. It will be folded and put in the a Fabulous Baton that Marty is working on.

Also venue that i need to look into is for patches and Tshirts. The Map cost is running 130$ for 2 if any one else wants the price should go down and this will be true for the t shirts too. I will try to get in touch with Dry heat embroidery to see what the numbers work out and this is obviously based upon the interest more interest less price.:evil:

The Flag is currently being design in this format. Signatures can be done all around it.

there is link to the map in Both Luvsplay and my signature also link to facebook page we have created. The mods have kindly moved the thread back to general section as it gives more viewership. The event will start as soon as all behind the scenes work is completed. Tentative date is Mid Feb or end of Feb all the work should be sorted out with patces flags baton etc.

#185 ·
Thanks for the move.

All right so we have been working on this event to get it moving, we got a bit of help to check with Kawa site and their run so we took the ideas from them.

I am currently awaiting quoted from 2-3 places for the Map. Joe was very kind to allow use of his designs to be used. We will use the map as our sheet. It will be folded and put in the a Fabulous Baton that Marty is working on.

Also venue that i need to look into is for patches and Tshirts. The Map cost is running 130$ for 2 if any one else wants the price should go down and this will be true for the t shirts too. I will try to get in touch with Dry heat embroidery to see what the numbers work out and this is obviously based upon the interest more interest less price.:evil:

The Flag is currently being design in this format. Signatures can be done all around it.

there is link to the map in Both Luvsplay and my signature also link to facebook page we have created. The mods have kindly moved the thread back to general section as it gives more viewership. The event will start as soon as all behind the scenes work is completed. Tentative date is Mid Feb or end of Feb all the work should be sorted out with patces flags baton etc.
As far as shirts, I would PM Brad (Throwob) and Chris (firefighter) on patches and embrodered shirts.

#186 ·
I'm in for a shirt for sure Narendra!!!!

#197 ·
iPads don't drag very well. :joke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.