M109 Rider Forums banner

109 baton pass across America

3M views 3K replies 236 participants last post by  StuporDave 
#1 ·
How about a relay across the country by members of the forum here? The baton consisting of a tube with a piece of paper that contains the name/screen name of every member participating. Has to be done on the bike, not the car.

Starting on one side or the other, a rider or group of riders run a couple hundred miles with the baton, meet with a new rider, enjoy a meet up, have a bite, and a visit. Sign the baton, say good bys and continue on the journey.

Getting a pic of the riders and posting it on the forum telling of their experience for the day.
At the end, the screen names and miles ridden can be posted on the forum.

To even add a little to it could be to put a dime a mile in that you rode into a kitty to be used as a 50/50 raffle among the participants, and the other half going to a charity of some kind.

There doesn’t need to be a time limit since it would take everyone getting a time to meet the next rider along the way.
Could do it going north and south too.

It would be a good excuse to get out and go for a ride and meet someone face to face that you only see on a screen otherwise.

Just wanting to know if there is any interest since there are members here that are all over the place.

See less See more
#108 ·
#101 ·
Baton

a big thanks to Dave for coming up with this idea.

As for Baton it would be nice to have it pass from place to place to country to country and over the continent. We could run few at same time but then each one will have a baton ( not a bad deal ) but then it gets limited. Or we could come up with 3-4 different batons and name them East West North South or Ozy, Brit etc. But if we stick with one it makes it that much nicer and unique.

Maybe a small Book for signatures and a wooden roll. Just small enough to roll into a jacket sort of thing.

We can say PAY IT FORWARD is going it may be slow at times but its moving. Hell withthe love for riding peeps have here i think we will add some serious mileage on this.

I thank you Dave for allowing me to start this from north that is such a kind gesture of you. Ill pass it on to great Nemo down to US to continue its journey down south and away. If all is good i am looking for something that is unique in cyclindrical form.

Will post as soon as i get something if i cant find anything i will carve out a wood stick with Joe's 109r logo.:D:D

#103 ·
a big thanks to Dave for coming up with this idea.

As for Baton it would be nice to have it pass from place to place to country to country and over the continent. We could run few at same time but then each one will have a baton ( not a bad deal ) but then it gets limited. Or we could come up with 3-4 different batons and name them East West North South or Ozy, Brit etc. But if we stick with one it makes it that much nicer and unique.

Maybe a small Book for signatures and a wooden roll. Just small enough to roll into a jacket sort of thing.

We can say PAY IT FORWARD is going it may be slow at times but its moving. Hell withthe love for riding peeps have here i think we will add some serious mileage on this.

I thank you Dave for allowing me to start this from north that is such a kind gesture of you. Ill pass it on to great Nemo down to US to continue its journey down south and away. If all is good i am looking for something that is unique in cyclindrical form.

Will post as soon as i get something if i cant find anything i will carve out a wood stick with Joe's 109r logo.:D:D
I say we get all the way around USA/4 corners before sending it iff to other places......

#104 ·
On the Map!

#109 ·
Upper left side there's a word "additions"....go to the drop down, first line, click on it.

#110 ·
Thanks. Dot made

#126 · (Edited)
LOL roger that, I am pming you ma number now.......

HEY deadlycheese and nitrogary, Where ya at!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need you guys......... I have a call into Ron, a 9er I ride with, I bet hes down for this.

WOW NO minus temps today its a heat wave weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#132 ·
Thats cool and dont we need a tube/baton to put it in.

#137 · (Edited)
That would be perfect, you know any artist/painters who could give it a good coaT?? LOL

Yeah what
06 M109R FL
said LOL

#139 · (Edited)
I am sure Joe who has been very kind will allow for this venture.

Clear shell with Cloth Flag in and a permanent marker to sign. I am looking to get the flag make up to 2x3 foot size so will give enough room for alllll to sign .For facebook please send request to Dave he will add you on the page i guess you will have to add him as friend first.:bigthumbsup:

#140 ·
I am sure Joe who has been very kind will allow for this venture.

Clear shell with Cloth *** in and a permanent marker to sign. I am looking to get the flag make up to 2x3 foot size so will give enough room for alllll to sign .For facebook please send request to Dave he will add you on the page i guess you will have to add him as friend first.:bigthumbsup:
Are we gonna start a thread here just for the ride pics?? I dont do facebook and would like to just go and view the progress??

#144 ·
LOL It will never get dormant while I am still breathing LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.