109 baton pass across America - Page 11
Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 2884

Thread: 109 baton pass across America

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #302
    Very Active Member Dr CNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    818

    Default


    I added Peace Arch then Portland seems did it have to pins gotta figure out directions.

    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...4204,79.013672


    "Four Wheels move the Body ~ Two Wheels Move the Soul"

  4. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    I added Peace Arch then Portland seems did it have to pins gotta figure out directions.

    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...4204,79.013672
    what I tried to post was a line from the arches to portland. Looked good though but no go LOL

    Has anyone thought about the route?? I was thinking if we are going to get everyone in, go from wa to southern call, turn left to AZ north to Idaho, turn right over to Montana, right again south. Just my thoughts. It would be some miles for sure, but everyone would get a shot at this.

    My leg of the journey

    278 mi, 4 hours 22 mins
    In current traffic: 4 hours 22 mins
    Peace Arch to Portland OR

    and if we can rid of these blue temps, we are good to go. Man the east has warmed up nice.





    Last edited by Nemo; 01-19-2013 at 12:53 PM.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #304
    Very Active Member Luvs2Play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    5,243

    Default

    Turn Narendra's point to A and can then pin everything after that with the next letter. Get directions and then save the map when you are done. The next one would get directions from B to C. Then save again. Should keep saving it until we are done.

    Passing the baton will all rely on the schedule of the rider and the receiver. Miles could be a factor in the beginning if we can't find some more participants west of me.

  7. #305
    Very Active Member NSRiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Surrey, British Columbia
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    yea i just did from my street to arlington. comes 88 miles and 1.5 hours.

    Worst case scenario we add the picture of of run add the previous tall of kilometer.

    Example


    My post will say

    total ride : 88 miles total run time 1hour 30 mins

    from my house to Nemos its 88 miles from Nemos to Portland is 278 and 4 hours 22 mins.


    Nemo can post like this


    total ride : 278 miles total run time 4hour 22 mins


    Grand Total

    Ride miles: 366

    Total ride time : 5 hours 52 mins

    We can actually multiply this with number of riders if doing group ride. So if Nemo and i ride together


    our grand total would be 2 times the distance and miles till the point i ride with Nemo. I think we should keep a tab on running hours too so end of the day we have the total time involved that would be cool.




    Another option

    We signed the flag add our miles and from to in a line.

    next person continues on. This way we can keep it nice and clean and have all the information in there too.

    just thinking out loud.

  8. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    yea i just did from my street to arlington. comes 88 miles and 1.5 hours.

    Worst case scenario we add the picture of of run add the previous tall of kilometer.

    Example


    My post will say

    total ride : 88 miles total run time 1hour 30 mins

    from my house to Nemos its 88 miles from Nemos to Portland is 278 and 4 hours 22 mins.


    Nemo can post like this


    total ride : 278 miles total run time 4hour 22 mins


    Grand Total

    Ride miles: 366

    Total ride time : 5 hours 52 mins

    We can actually multiply this with number of riders if doing group ride. So if Nemo and i ride together


    our grand total would be 2 times the distance and miles till the point i ride with Nemo. I think we should keep a tab on running hours too so end of the day we have the total time involved that would be cool.




    Another option

    We signed the flag add our miles and from to in a line.

    next person continues on. This way we can keep it nice and clean and have all the information in there too.

    just thinking out loud.
    The latter sounds a lot easier LOL........... Whatever the group decides!!!!!!




  9. #307
    Very Active Member BAD BOY M109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Harwood Mo. (SW)
    Posts
    3,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityDave View Post
    Both are GR8 charities, but I'm a sucker for kids, so my vote is for St Jude's.


    WCD


    BONE STOCK

  10. #308
    Very Active Member Luvs2Play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    5,243

    Default

    I like the signing the flag with whatever info it needs, that way it is permanent. Keeping it in order would be good too. I need more local riders here too, the wife is going to go with me, but should I let her Kaw run in front of or behind me?

  11. #309
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    Is there a logical reason why this ain't starting in Florida,since the weather is much better than BC-Oregon
    ..just seems to make so much more sense..they could play with it for a while and cover the whole state,then move on as the weather allows..

    Maybe it's been covered already just no time to read all threads
    Stav

  12. #310
    Very Active Member Luvs2Play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    5,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Is there a logical reason why this ain't starting in Florida,since the weather is much better than BC-Oregon
    ..just seems to make so much more sense..they could play with it for a while and cover the whole state,then move on as the weather allows..

    Maybe it's been covered already just no time to read all threads
    We don't have all the bugs worked out yet. Another thing is that we want to cover the upper end as soon as we can because the weather up north will only get better. Not knowing how long this will take, we figured that the south can keep going into the late fall if needed. Some will only have the weekends to ride, so it could be a week or two before the baton moves.

    Besides, it's our first try, we're bound to mess up.

    I know that Florida and some other southern states could be almost done in a few weeks. Maybe next time we could go with a digital baton and have several moving at the same time.

  13. #311
    Very Active Member Dr CNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Play View Post
    We don't have all the bugs worked out yet. Another thing is that we want to cover the upper end as soon as we can because the weather up north will only get better. Not knowing how long this will take, we figured that the south can keep going into the late fall if needed. Some will only have the weekends to ride, so it could be a week or two before the baton moves.

    Besides, it's our first try, we're bound to mess up.

    I know that Florida and some other southern states could be almost done in a few weeks. Maybe next time we could go with a digital baton and have several moving at the same time.
    We're ready down here to go whenever I know Josh and I need no excuse to escort this puppy around state of FL Andy you'll have to come down give us a hand you can work both the North & South circuit
    Last edited by Dr CNC; 01-19-2013 at 06:20 PM.


    "Four Wheels move the Body ~ Two Wheels Move the Soul"

  14. #312
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    We're ready down here to go whenever I know Josh and I need no excuse to escort this puppy around state of FL Andy you'll have to come down give us a hand you can work both the North & South circuit

    It would be cool if it was down there late Febuary or April..that would be fun !!

    I'm happy just getting some rides in with you guys,hopefully will have better success next time I'm down..

    Between bad weather,flu,breakdowns and telephone tag..me and Josh have ridden all over the state but only ridden 20 miles together..lol..at least we had some laughs at the winghouse and that cove place out in crystal river...it's been fun though and I'm getting familiarized with the state again..it will only get better..lol
    Stav

  15. #313
    Very Active Member ace4aday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    Ok after researching materials and organizing Machine time here's my design I feel I'm gonna go with unless anyone has great objections. As previously stated this will be Mirror Finish Aluminum Polish with the Engraving done on the sides. ( depicted here in Black for visual contrast actual engraving will be in Polished finish ). Then Black Plastic caps for the ends seal in the Flag also changed the Font on Tag to be bit closer to Narendra's flag font. Your opinion appreciated and your entitle to your opinion

    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    The OP called for a "109" baton pass....Did you forget that we come in 2 flavors?
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

  16. #314
    Very Active Member Dr CNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ace4aday View Post
    The OP called for a "109" baton pass....Did you forget that we come in 2 flavors?

    My appologies to C owner's no malious intended here at all, what would you suggest ??


    "Four Wheels move the Body ~ Two Wheels Move the Soul"

  17. #315
    Very Active Member ace4aday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    My appologies to C owner's no malious intended here at all, what would you suggest ??
    No worries. That was not specifically aimed at you. I like your design, though I think the addition of the C symbol on the other side would make it even better .

    There are so few of us, we fall through the cracks and this thread quickly became "M" specific. I was just trying to remind everyone we still exist even though Zuk axed our rides from their lineup. I would be happy to ride with Gary and Cheeze when the baton comes this way if I can swing it. It would be nice to see some more involvement from the C folks in this. We need to encourage them to come out of hiding.
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

  18. #316
    Very Active Member Dr CNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ace4aday View Post
    No worries. That was not specifically aimed at you. I like your design, though I think the addition of the C symbol on the other side would make it even better .

    There are so few of us, we fall through the cracks and this thread quickly became "M" specific. I was just trying to remind everyone we still exist even though Zuk axed our rides from their lineup. I would be happy to ride with Gary and Cheeze when the baton comes this way if I can swing it. It would be nice to see some more involvement from the C folks in this. We need to encourage them to come out of hiding.

    Not sure what C symbol you reference here do you have an example.


    "Four Wheels move the Body ~ Two Wheels Move the Soul"

  19. #317
    Very Active Member Luvs2Play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    5,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ace4aday View Post
    No worries. That was not specifically aimed at you. I like your design, though I think the addition of the C symbol on the other side would make it even better .

    There are so few of us, we fall through the cracks and this thread quickly became "M" specific. I was just trying to remind everyone we still exist even though Zuk axed our rides from their lineup. I would be happy to ride with Gary and Cheeze when the baton comes this way if I can swing it. It would be nice to see some more involvement from the C folks in this. We need to encourage them to come out of hiding.
    It was never my intent to cut anyone out on this because of the model. It would be great to have the C's ride too and they are all invited. Maybe when they sign the flag, they can do it in a different color or put the model by their name so that it is known that they are represented.

    This is all stuff we need to learn so we don't kuff up next time. Marty will do what he can I'm sure.

  20. #318
    Very Active Member ace4aday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    Not sure what C symbol you reference here do you have an example.
    The only one I've seen were done by fire fighter 109. Not as cool at the M design, but it's something. I'll have to look for the thread with all of his links later.
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

  21. #319
    Very Active Member southernmostm109r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL. & Pittsboro, NC
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    We're ready down here to go whenever I know Josh and I need no excuse to escort this puppy around state of FL Andy you'll have to come down give us a hand you can work both the North & South circuit
    It would be great If there was a "9" in the Jacksonville area to start things off in Florida then it can travel south east to Palm Bay then to West Palm , next Hollywood, from there to Key West, on to the west coast to Tampa, then up towards Tallahassee, moving NW towards Alabama.
    2007 m109r Limited, Debeavered, Debadged, Metzler 260 & 130, Kuryakun Gripps, Boss,& Floorboars, Windvest Windshield, Ultimate Seat & CWI Backrest, Suzuki Engine Guard, & Drive Shaft Cover, Shayne Licence Plate Bracket, Brakeaway Cruise Control, HID Light Kit, Brake Light Modulator, Stebel Horn, Cycle House Leavers & Kicktand, GI PRO, Raw Design LED's, Ducks, etc.

  22. #320
    Very Active Member Dr CNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernmostm109r View Post
    It would be great If there was a "9" in the Jacksonville area to start things off in Florida then it can travel south east to Palm Bay then to West Palm , next Hollywood, from there to Key West, on to the west coast to Tampa, then up towards Tallahassee, moving NW towards Alabama.
    We have fols up that way I know for sure haven't seen them in this thread, but as we move forward we'll try to see if they have interest & time to participate.


    "Four Wheels move the Body ~ Two Wheels Move the Soul"

  23. #321
    Very Active Member NSRiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Surrey, British Columbia
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ace4aday View Post
    The OP called for a "109" baton pass....Did you forget that we come in 2 flavors?
    sorry bro please dont feel it anyway C was left out its just that we only had M desig nmade by Joe. Also even though majority of riders wil lbe a M others will and should ride along remember its a ride not SPecific ride. Its all in good faith and good cause.


    Also i can understand the frustration of South riders but guys pleas ebear in mind for us up here North we only have few months of riding just like Dave mentioned. You guys cn continue this all year long. It might seem its taking long and we need to be on road now please bear in mind we are working on few things which are still in early stages in regards with St.Judes and few other smaller things. Please have patience for few more days once this is out it will be fairly quick with summer approaching quick you will be surprised how fast the Baton will reach you and pass over.

    Also few other things that where discussed where patches and T shirts. I spoke to Dave today and we are thinking that we have smaller flags made 8X11 inch which can be hung in the house or on the bike with flag post. The proceed will cover the cost of this flags and rest will proceed toward St. Judes Charity. We will set up an account for direct deposit with them. I am corresponding with them and have just sent them an email this morning. Plan is at end of the ride have the Baton and Flag returned to Daves and then take it to St Judes place from there. I understand this pace has kids who suffer from Cancer and have their heads bald due to Kemo. So if few riders want to join and shave their head s their that would be great. Unfortunately ia m prancing Sikh and we dont cut our hairs but i still would love to attend this. This would be at end of the ride. We can fly there and do this together however many can make it.

    This is just an update on whats happening behind the scenes. I will update with little more information later on.

    As we stand it seems Flags might be the cheapest option to make and easiet to keep. If someone wants T shirts or patches i will update that in a little while still working on final proof of the flag as we had to make few changes. If we have more Criders and they have design they can provide in 2-3 days i can make the change in Flag design still.

    Also I am still awaiting reply back from Suzuki USA( this one i might not wait too long they will come back later on i think and we can incorporate it in one way or other)

    As for marking on the flag you can add your bike type too just like Dave said along with your riding time and miles. We rather spend an extra week on doing it right and have lesser problems rather than jumping in and realizing after a week that whats next.

    Marty had said hes getting raw materials this week so hhe will have the baton ready soon i will hgave the flag proof and dispatched to printers latest by Wednesday they need aprx 12 days to get back to me. So If everything works well we are looking at first week of Feb for this to be a go or second week of Feb latest. That will leave us enough days to complete the circuit. Patience my brothers

  24. #322
    Very Active Member NSRiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Surrey, British Columbia
    Posts
    5,088

    Default Open invitatio n given

    So this has been posted in C and M90 sections too. If anyone has been missed out please join. This is an open invitation for this ride.

  25. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    So this has been posted in C and M90 sections too. If anyone has been missed out please join. This is an open invitation for this ride.
    Man you putting a lot of work into this Narendra. Thanks for that bro!!!!!!!!!! Marty and Dave also............




  26. #324
    Very Active Member thumperbm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Shenandoah Va
    Posts
    808

    Default

    I agree with nemo. A big thanks to all involved with this. OK now someone needs to call the discovery channel and see if they want to do a piece on it and throw some sponsor money towards st judes.
    2007 m109r red, E3 250, iso grips, stilleto pegs, V-stream touring windshield, TRE...and the list is growing

  27. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thumperbm View Post
    I agree with nemo. A big thanks to all involved with this. OK now someone needs to call the discovery channel and see if they want to do a piece on it and throw some sponsor money towards st judes.
    Good idea, I was also thinking maybe a bike mag!!!!

    Edit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I will contact a couple mags tomorrow and they can get back with me Monday!!!!!!!!!!!



    Last edited by Nemo; 01-19-2013 at 11:48 PM.

  28. #326
    Very Active Member NSRiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Surrey, British Columbia
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thumperbm View Post
    I agree with nemo. A big thanks to all involved with this. OK now someone needs to call the discovery channel and see if they want to do a piece on it and throw some sponsor money towards st judes.
    working on it that is why i said working behind the scenes lol. Dont want to advertise before it happens that way if it doesn't there is no beating upon me heheheheehe

  29. #327
    Very Active Member WindyCityDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Man you putting a lot of work into this Narendra. Thanks for that bro!!!!!!!!!! Marty and Dave also............
    X 2

    I'm also on a few International M109/M1800 sites on FB, so if it's okay, I'd like to post this up for their inclusion too.

    Your thoughts ?


    WCD

  30. #328
    Very Active Member amvince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    788

    Default

    I'm in the Dallas area and it sounds like a great idea. Now to get the bike up and running.
    I just plan on doing everything twice when I start it and that way when it takes 3 times to get it right I'm only half as mad.

  31. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityDave View Post
    X 2

    I'm also on a few International M109/M1800 sites on FB, so if it's okay, I'd like to post this up for their inclusion too.

    Your thoughts ?


    WCD
    More the merrier. AND WHEN WE ARE DONE WE SHALL RULE THE WORLD LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,Man I need to ride today bad haha




  32. #330
    Very Active Member Tigz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Matteson, Il
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    I'm in for this with WindyCityDave and Chicagoland M109rs.

    sent from Tigz Galaxy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •