109 baton pass across America - Page 10
Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 baton pass across America

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    Send me your location i will pin it for you. Pm it to me.

Looks great we are almost getting there. the area is getting pinned nice so far.

I will update the stat in few hours Dave is tied up with work hopefully we can work out a route plan Final Destination is St Judes place. We will donate the Flag there in the End as per Dave. Would love to be there in the end too. Just hold on for few more days boys this will start rolling soon as soon as the baton and flag are a go.
    Thanks brother! 417 Laddingford Lane, League City, TX 77573

Sent from my piece of crap Droid
    Custom Front Turn Signals, Custom Paint, Sideburner Exhaust, Tornado Air Kit, Dyno tuned Power Commander 5 with Map Selector, XTRE Power Box, R.I.S. Grips, R.I.S. Risers and Pegs and Oil Cap, Yana Levers and Kickstand, Pro-One Mirrors, 6K HID, Custom Derby Cover, Cycle House 2.25" Lowering Bones, Raw Design Rear Turn Signals, Joe Florida's LED's, One-Off Custom Seats and Backrests, and more to follow!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Baton Movement

It's great to see all interest in this project. Here's a thought I know our plans here in FL would be to find out where the Baton was coming into the state and then work with the various groups of folks that ride that area, as I'm sure the Baton will move with the group rather than any one individual rider. Just a thought as we've said let's let the Baton be a Free Spirit and move how it will as long as it moves, so should be no worries about being involved as long as you stay in touch here or on the Facebook page. If we all keep our local clans informed we can make it an Event each time the Baton moves. If needed perhaps we could have 2 to 4 Baton's ( one each corner of the US ) moving simultaneously. Been looking at a bit simpler design, using the 2" x 2" square polished Aluminum tubing with Black Plastic caps lessen the amount of CNC machining needed. We will still engrave them on the sides perhaps we can work the Vtwin patch and globe in on two of sides instead of caps I'll look at that. Give me your feedback I'm gonna order the Material definitely going with the 2" x 2" x 10" tube as that will work best, have Machine Time Scheduled for couple Saturday's from now, using the black plastic premade cap greatly lessen my machine time needed. We'll probably Polish then engrave this should be easier process than trying to polish afterwards and worries of pulling the engraving. So thought on multiple Batons we could still log Total Miles they've all traveled or stick with just 1 Baton and it's mega miles. BTW just thinking out loud here feel free to agree to disagree no worries

Marty

Update: Raw Materials ordered be here next Wednesday
    Last edited by Dr CNC; 01-18-2013 at 07:15 PM.

"Four Wheels move the Body ~ Two Wheels Move the Soul"

Default Pinned

Quote Originally Posted by Swat267 View Post
    Thanks brother! 417 Laddingford Lane, League City, TX 77573

Sent from my piece of crap Droid

Hey Bro your pinned i took the house number out. Marked you as black not sure if your burple or black. double click on the icon and you can change the colour if you want.

Also i think this might have been a record in here we have 10 pages in like 5 days of the first post.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    It's great to see all interest in this project. Here's a thought I know our plans here in FL would be to find out where the Baton was coming into the state and then work with the various groups of folks that ride that area, as I'm sure the Baton will move with the group rather than any one individual rider. Just a thought as we've said let's let the Baton be a Free Spirit and move how it will as long as it moves, so should be no worries about being involved as long as you stay in touch here or on the Facebook page. If we all keep our local clans informed we can make it an Event each time the Baton moves. If needed perhaps we could have 2 to 4 Baton's ( one each corner of the US ) moving simultaneously. Been looking at a bit simpler design, using the 2" x 2" square polished Aluminum tubing with Black Plastic caps lessen the amount of CNC machining needed. We will still engrave them on the sides perhaps we can work the Vtwin patch and globe in on two of sides instead of caps I'll look at that. Give me your feedback I'm gonna order the Material definitely going with the 2" x 2" x 10" tube as that will work best, have Machine Time Scheduled for couple Saturday's from now, using the black plastic premade cap greatly lessen my machine time needed. We'll probably Polish then engrave this should be easier process than trying to polish afterwards and worries of pulling the engraving. So thought on multiple Batons we could still log Total Miles they've all traveled or stick with just 1 Baton and it's mega miles. BTW just thinking out loud here feel free to agree to disagree no worries

Marty

Update: Raw Materials ordered be here next Wednesday
    Hey Marty Single Baton with Mega miles will be more viable option. We will have one large flag and one baton to ride all over we can capture various clans riders on this single flag. and In the vent we are giving this to St Jude maybe they can do something with it and it makes it easier to give it at one time other wise how too many flags. Just my two cents. I got the flag proof going and they need 2 weeks once approved. I spoke to Dave and we are changing the bottom flag to only have Canada and US dont think any riders out in Mexico. So i am going to send different design. As for Patches nothing has come back from Throweb i will get in touch with him once more to see what can be done. I hate to bother Joe over and over, if these guys can do it i ll have to look someplace else and it involves copy right issues. ( Note for everyone: Please dont start the required non required thing about permission, we will only go with permission and if allowed by Joe)

Love the already polished idea. If we keep it simple we should be able to get this going in say 3-4 weeks tops. Like you said on FB or here we can discuss how the route is going to go in between area riders. They can ride as Clan or solo to next tag.

I cant wait to see the finished products and then start the tag.

Narendra

I want to thank Narendra and Marty for the work they are putting into this.

I am anxious to get it going. We still have some holes in the map, maybe they can get filled in soon so there can be a plan. There is getting to be a loop, that is good in that we can just get it going and fill in the middle as we can. I think that everyone that is in for this should get the chance to participate. I'm sure I can handle 500 or 600 miles on a weekend, the wife has done that much before too, but we have livestock that has to be tended to a couple times a day at home. Seems the middle of the country is almost void of 109's.

I wonder if a mass email might get some on board that may not have been on the forum for a while?

Default Pinned

Just pinned my self in the Kansas City area if it comes this way
    Burple, Goldwing intake mod, Vrod exhaust mod with supertrapp baffle mod, K&N filters, LE tail light, debeavered, Lowered, ARTE, Fi2000 auto tune, and tons of other mods!!!

Default Final Baton Design

Ok after researching materials and organizing Machine time here's my design I feel I'm gonna go with unless anyone has great objections. As previously stated this will be Mirror Finish Aluminum Polish with the Engraving done on the sides. ( depicted here in Black for visual contrast actual engraving will be in Polished finish ). Then Black Plastic caps for the ends seal in the Flag also changed the Font on Tag to be bit closer to Narendra's flag font. Your opinion appreciated and your entitle to your opinion

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

I'm perfectly fine with putting some miles on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Play View Post
    Thanks Dave and thanks for a great Idea really looking forward to getting this moving.

Marty

Banned

Ditto......

Quote Originally Posted by 06 M109R FL View Post
    Ok after researching materials and organizing Machine time here's my design I feel I'm gonna go with unless anyone has great objections. As previously stated this will be Mirror Finish Aluminum Polish with the Engraving done on the sides. ( depicted here in Black for visual contrast actual engraving will be in Polished finish ). Then Black Plastic caps for the ends seal in the Flag also changed the Font on Tag to be bit closer to Narendra's flag font. Your opinion appreciated and your entitle to your opinion

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    That is S E XY Piece. Niceeee. Marty this turned out very very nice.

Marty maybe seal one side and leave one side open. I cant wait to see this done man.

Its funn and unique as two extreme corners of US Canada are building for an idea from center what we are going to run,

Flag from North and Baton from South with an idea from Center

how cool is that

I'm in if anyone makes it close to Ohio Give me a Call ... 614 937 4177 ....

Eric

Great idea btw!

Quote Originally Posted by CMHGUY View Post

Eric

Great idea btw!

Put your pin on the map, it's a coming!

Eric

Great idea btw!

We went BIG with a 2x3 foot flag inside a aluminium Baton. Pop it in the back pack when your ready topass take a picture and pass it on. It will be great to see the flag getting covered slowly and when we pass it to St Judes place be fully filled.

Put your pin on the map, it's a coming!
    Ok I did put it in... but it didnt show up on the map.... So do you have approve it?

Ok I did put it in... but it didnt show up on the map.... So do you have approve it?
    I was lucky to get mine on there. I don't think anything has to be approved, at least not by me. Something just didn't take.

You're talking to an internet idiot here, someone can help you a lot better than I can.

Welcome aboard, we'll get it working.

n o approvals Paco did the map. whats your address send it in pm i will pin you an dyour bik eis black right will make black pin

Facebook page needs acceptance either me or Dave can do it.

Columbus Ohio

614 937 4177

Eric Witt

GOT IT!
    Last edited by CMHGUY; 01-18-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Columbus Ohio

614 937 4177

Eric Witt

You Brother are now PINNED

Banned

Just pinned my friend Ron. He will ride to the peace arch with me to meet Nsair and have lunch and tell some lies LOL. Looking forward to this.

Looks great Marty ... Appreciate your efforts and time on this and can't wait to ride and pass it along with the Ontario 109 riders and hopefully my Blues Brother too !!

Thanks to all involved
    Stav

Banned

Just got off the phone with Blackey. He will be pinning up soon and ride north with Ron and I to the peace arch......

Thumbs up

This is great so we have 4. Riders confirmed for first ride. I posted about it on my club yesterday too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NSRiar View Post
    This is great so we have 4. Riders confirmed for first ride. I posted about it on my club yesterday too.
    Great, I hope a few of your guys will ride with this....

Quote Originally Posted by 47steeler View Post
    Dont get too froggy by taking all the Gulf Coast States - sounds like a great idea - I'm in for sure here along the Mississippi Gulf Coast
    LOL...No prob Bro... there is enough area for each of us to cover.... I can pick it up in PCola and take it to Mississippi
    82nd AIRBORNE Division - Hooooah! Place your Knees in the Breeze and your Ass in the Blast!! Unleash the Beast!!! Jim

This sounds like a good idea I'm in. I pinned myself on the map.
    2006 Silver,Debaffled Cobra Swept exhaust,Power Commander,Kuyrakin grips and pegs,Track Day ATRE,
    Avon Cobra 250 rear tire,de-beavered and de-badged,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by honestabe View Post
    This sounds like a good idea I'm in. I pinned myself on the map.
    Great! Welcome to this historic event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paco came up with the map we are pinning to, now we need a map that can show the progress once we get going. I already showed how crappy I am at maps, can anyone help?

Paco came up with the map we are pinning to, now we need a map that can show the progress once we get going. I already showed how crappy I am at maps, can anyone help?
    Not sure but can't we just use Google maps and keep adding destinations do directions and even if you can for suggested route you can drag it to your route then repost, think they can be shared even via mobile devices ?? This way we would have a running total always and even next projected destination.

Marty

I did this on the same type of map
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...4204,79.013672

Now I'll see if I can figure out the next step to log progress.
    Last edited by Luvs2Play; 01-19-2013 at 12:16 PM.