Gear Indicator

Thread: Gear Indicator

Default Gear Indicator

I read that Suzuki had brought back their gear indicator and put it on the M109. Does anybody know if the factory gear indicator for the M will work on the C?My first street bikes were Suzuki's and they all had the gear indicator. I miss it and was surprised to find out that it wasn't on the C when I bought mine. Also, is there an aftermarket gear indicator without the TRE in it?
    Last edited by silveradols; 11-17-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Good question, I am sure that more than a few C riders will be interested in your answer. No gear indicator, no tachometer, I have learnt to ride without them but I always wonder why they were not fitted.
    I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror - The wide brown land for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Ray View Post
    Good question, I am sure that more than a few C riders will be interested in your answer. No gear indicator, no tachometer, I have learnt to ride without them but I always wonder why they were not fitted.
    I've been riding so long that I don't need either the gear indicator or the tachometer. I just like the convenience of the gear indicator.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I can't answer your question directly, but I have a 2011 109 and the gear indicator is in the tach housing. I'ts not a separate part. Not knowing a C, are the tach housings the same?

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

Cs don't have a tach.
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

Quote Originally Posted by Wjduke View Post
    I can't answer your question directly, but I have a 2011 109 and the gear indicator is in the tach housing. I'ts not a separate part. Not knowing a C, are the tach housings the same?
    Please post a pic of your tach housing with the lights on, so I can see?
    Last edited by silveradols; 11-18-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    Please post a pic of your tach housing with the lights on, so I can see?
    I will, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow night until I can post it. My bike is garaged near my work, not where I live. Maybe another forum guy can do it sooner. I'll look through pics I have, but I know none are lighted or even close enough to that area.

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjduke View Post
    I will, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow night until I can post it. My bike is garaged near my work, not where I live. Maybe another forum guy can do it sooner. I'll look through pics I have, but I know none are lighted or even close enough to that area.
    No Rush
    Thanks

Check BigBully's signature...he has a 2011 and you can see the tach in that photo. The gear indicator is right in the middle of it, identical to mine. Dead center under the tach gauge.

Very Active Member WindyCityDave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityDave View Post
    That's a cool mod

Looks like it's gonna be out of my price range. Oh well, it's not like it's something I really need.

Very Active Member WindyCityDave's Avatar

Just shop around, you might find it for around the 150 mark.

WCD

Thanks.

kewl mod but rediculously expensive for a digital number!!! My memory has not failed me yet and if does,, maybe shouldnt be riding anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy9 View Post
    kewl mod but rediculously expensive for a digital number!!! My memory has not failed me yet and if does,, maybe shouldnt be riding anymore!
    Agree about cost, but what isn't expensive? I paid $255 for my backrest...that was $200 more than it's worth. That indicator is a cool looking gadget.

Default gear indicator

That's mine.
    I installed a TRE from my M on a C
    No problem

grtz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1548.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	77710  
    Bigger is better !

Well, it looks like all of the gear indicators also have a TRE with them. I already have a TRE, which means I would just have to toss it to install the gear indicator one. I think I'll wait a while.
    Last edited by silveradols; 08-06-2013 at 03:42 PM.

That's hot Dave, but you see that price holy cow.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.