M109 Rider Forums banner

Gear Indicator

13K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  KoalaKen 
#1 · (Edited)
I read that Suzuki had brought back their gear indicator and put it on the M109. Does anybody know if the factory gear indicator for the M will work on the C?My first street bikes were Suzuki's and they all had the gear indicator. I miss it and was surprised to find out that it wasn't on the C when I bought mine. Also, is there an aftermarket gear indicator without the TRE in it?

#2 ·
Good question, I am sure that more than a few C riders will be interested in your answer. No gear indicator, no tachometer, I have learnt to ride without them but I always wonder why they were not fitted.

#3 ·
I've been riding so long that I don't need either the gear indicator or the tachometer. I just like the convenience of the gear indicator.

#4 ·
I can't answer your question directly, but I have a 2011 109 and the gear indicator is in the tach housing. I'ts not a separate part. Not knowing a C, are the tach housings the same?

#6 · (Edited)
Please post a pic of your tach housing with the lights on, so I can see?

#5 ·
Cs don't have a tach.

#9 ·
Check BigBully's signature...he has a 2011 and you can see the tach in that photo. The gear indicator is right in the middle of it, identical to mine. Dead center under the tach gauge.

#14 ·
Thanks.

#16 ·
Agree about cost, but what isn't expensive? I paid $255 for my backrest...that was $200 more than it's worth. That indicator is a cool looking gadget.

#18 · (Edited)
Well, it looks like all of the gear indicators also have a TRE with them. I already have a TRE, which means I would just have to toss it to install the gear indicator one. I think I'll wait a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.