Air Intake Covers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Intake Covers

Question Air Intake Covers

I am considering sending my air intake covers over to the states to have them customized by 'Ducks'. As it is not cheep I am interested in any feedback anyone might have about their work.
    I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror - The wide brown land for me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member matt.procter's Avatar

Great from what I've seen. A mate has had his done.

2007 Black M109R
    Velocity Pro exhaust, low n mean chin scoop, low n mean reaper fender, fi2000r, painted speedo housing, custom radiator grill, meancycles engine cover, Stebel Nautilus, Ryan's harness, Greggs side cover...

I can only tell you I have seen pics of his work , and they do look nice ! He seems to be able to do nearly any idea so I guess it comes down to what do you want done . However swing as I have been caught in downpours for over 300 miles at a time I would wonder about possible weather protection .
    2008 c109rt . wolo air horn, gman tre, gman bully ,kuryakyn cruiser pegs, tsukayu jumbo strong bags ,tsukayu 6x9 bat wing , LED head light, driver backrest, k&n air filters, m109 tach, and electric cruise control ahhh !

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1r View Post
    I can only tell you I have seen pics of his work , and they do look nice ! He seems to be able to do nearly any idea so I guess it comes down to what do you want done . However swing as I have been caught in downpours for over 300 miles at a time I would wonder about possible weather protection .
    Excellent point, I will need to check out the weather question, thanks.
    I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains, Of ragged mountain ranges, Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons, I love her jewel-sea, Her beauty and her terror - The wide brown land for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Ray View Post
    Excellent point, I will need to check out the weather question, thanks.
    I can speak from experience, as I have had the Ducks Covers made for one of my 9s. The quality of his work is flawless, and there are no issues with regard to the weather conditions. I have been caught in the rain several times with the Ducks covers on my 9, and it didn't affect the bikes performance at all. I highly suggest getting your covers done by Ducks. He is a great guy who has a great skill. You will be impressed when you get your covers back.

There have been a bunch of guys including myself that have been caught in complete downpours. No problems what so ever. The main air box is under the tank. So it's not a direct line into the engine. Take your time and ask around. If I can answer anything let me know.

For More information check out my WEBSITE HERE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ducks517 View Post
    There have been a bunch of guys including myself that have been caught in complete downpours. No problems what so ever. The main air box is under the tank. So it's not a direct line into the engine. Take your time and ask around. If I can answer anything let me know.
    I love your air intake covers, but I have a question. Can I still do the air intake mod, so the air intake covers don't stick out so far, if I have one of your air intake covers?
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradols View Post
    I love your air intake covers, but I have a question. Can I still do the air intake mod, so the air intake covers don't stick out so far, if I have one of your air intake covers?

Not sure I am following what you mean by stick out so far. When I cut them they still have the same rough profile as stock. Can you explain more of what you are talking about?

I am considering sending my air intake covers over to the states to have them customized by 'Ducks'. As it is not cheep I am interested in any feedback anyone might have about their work.
    Speaking from experience (I was Ducks first M90 customer!) his work is 1st class,3 years on they still look great,and he will get them back to you fast.Just do it,you won't be sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BCRUZN View Post
    I can speak from experience, as I have had the Ducks Covers made for one of my 9s. The quality of his work is flawless, and there are no issues with regard to the weather conditions. I have been caught in the rain several times with the Ducks covers on my 9, and it didn't affect the bikes performance at all. I highly suggest getting your covers done by Ducks. He is a great guy who has a great skill. You will be impressed when you get your covers back.
    All I can do is repeat the above post. Len does AWESOME work and you won't be disappointed. I get soooo... many compliments on my covers (POW/MIA on one side, USMC Eagle/Globe/Anchor on the other). No worries at all about weather issues with this Mod either.
    Go for it! It is a way to really 'personalize' your 9!

Not sure I am following what you mean by stick out so far. When I cut them they still have the same rough profile as stock. Can you explain more of what you are talking about?
    He drives a 'C', If that makes a difference?

Pretty sure len can do about anything, I remember some side panels and a rear cowl I think that had some work done to them

Hardest part is figuring out what design you want (at least for me)

Very Active Member grandpatractor's Avatar

I'll probably have to send some covers out east this winter.
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

You know how the air intake covers stick out far making the engine very wide at that point. There's a mod that can be done to the airbox that narrows the air intakes so they're not so wide. Most people are using a Holley or Edelbrock air filter cover that's modified to replace the stock air intake cover. I'll find it and post the link.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

check this link out:

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139227

After this mod, your air intakes don't stick out so far.

It must just be me but I have no issue with the width of the covers, my legs don't go anywhere near them.

It must just be me but I have no issue with the width of the covers, my legs don't go anywhere near them.
    As you can see in my profile pic, my leg doesn't hit the air intake covers. However, if I had highway pegs installed in a upper position then they might be in the way.
    Last edited by silveradols; 11-18-2012 at 03:33 PM.

As you can see in my profile pic, my leg doesn't hit the air intake covers. However, if I had highway pegs installed in a upper position then the air intake covers would definitely be in the way.
    Again it might be my long legs (6'4") even when using my highway pegs, I don't hit the covers, just lucky, I guess.

Again it might be my long legs (6'4") even when using my highway pegs, I don't hit the covers, just lucky, I guess.
    Even at 6', the covers don't get in my way when I'm on my pegs, but I can see the problem would exist if my legs were much shorter. Aren't Gman's intakes supposed to pull the covers in a little tighter? Might be an option if they bug you too much.
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

When I am done with them they would be the stock size. I don't get into any of the other modification that was in that other post.

When I am done with them they would be the stock size. I don't get into any of the other modification that was in that other post.
    Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by ace4aday View Post
    Even at 6', the covers don't get in my way when I'm on my pegs, but I can see the problem would exist if my legs were much shorter. Aren't Gman's intakes supposed to pull the covers in a little tighter? Might be an option if they bug you too much.
    I'm 6' too. GMan's intakes are to expensive for me. I just don't like the way the stock intake covers stick out so dang far. I guess I'm going to have to do the
    holly or edelbrock air intake mod. Although, I guess I could get one of Duck's covers and trim the backside down for the air intake mod.

Cool Decision Made

Thanks for all the advice, after considering this and other sites I have ordered some covers from a place in the states and they should be with Ducks late this week. I will post pics of the finished products.

Thanks for all the advice, after considering this and other sites I have ordered some covers from a place in the states and they should be with Ducks late this week. I will post pics of the finished products.
    Sorry about hijacking your thread. Ducks intake covers are beautiful. If I had the money then I would probably get some because I know the perfect thing I would love to have carved in one. Post pictures when u get them installed.

Very Active Member grandpatractor's Avatar

I'm 6' too. GMan's intakes are to expensive for me. I just don't like the way the stock intake covers stick out so dang far. I guess I'm going to have to do the
    holly or edelbrock air intake mod. Although, I guess I could get one of Duck's covers and trim the backside down for the air intake mod.
    You must have the Suzuki crash bars?
    I paid more attention today and the cobra fatty's must stick out farther. With my feet on the upper pegs my leg just clears the air intake by about a half an inch.
    I do have the Gman intakes too.
    I have never found them sticking out to be an issue for me.
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

Quote Originally Posted by grandpatractor View Post
    You must have the Suzuki crash bars?
    I paid more attention today and the cobra fatty's must stick out farther. With my feet on the upper pegs my leg just clears the air intake by about a half an inch.
    I do have the Gman intakes too.
    I have never found them sticking out to be an issue for me.
    yea, I have the Suzuki engine guards. Something I'm going to change just as soon as I can. I going to use the Yamaha mount for my highway pegs, but I sill want to bring the air intakes in a little. I'm going to do the Holley or Edelbrock mod.

Question Too Far????

My covers should get to Len at Ducks this week and once completed I am sure the design is going to be great, judging by examples of his work. Now I want to sound out the opinions of the rest of you. The design is a Bronco's head with yellow trim but red mesh in the main cut out. A Brisbane Bronco's Football Club emblem for those who know the greatest team in OZ

Now this is the question, I am thinking of placing a small red LED light strip inside the cover so as to highlight the cutout at night. Too much What do you think and does anyone know anyone who has tried this and if so how did it go??

Now this is the question, I am thinking of placing a small red LED light strip inside the cover so as to highlight the cutout at night. Too much What do you think and does anyone know anyone who has tried this and if so how did it go??
    A ton of guys light them up with LED's. More LED's the better. Makes them stand out awesome at night.

Thanks,
    once they get here I'll be ready with the LEDs.

He does GREAT work. I would not hesitate about sending covers to him.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..