new speaker sound system prototype. revision 3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new speaker sound system prototype. revision 3

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockey View Post
    Had to look at the pics twice before I saw the speakers. Think it looks nice. Like several others though. Not fond of the spikes.
    Comments already noted on that and thats only for mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sayonara View Post
    ill address this as simple as i can so most will understand. Freeair mounting in our applications are impractical due to relativey no mounting space to separate the audio. What does this mean? In a trunk of a car its considered freeair as there is only a panel separating the speakers and a trunk providing a not truely sealed enclusure. Now onto the reason for needing a enclosure on our motorcycles? 1. Attempting to use a plate for free air proved to be not enough surface separation causing popping if u used any mid to low range frequencies. Hence the reason most batwing or small bar mount systems sound very tinny as your post implies. So now ive have painstakenly designed a application that will utilize the space and have secondary functions that will allow the speaker to have a chamber. This chamer will allow for more power clearly as sealed enclosures do require more power to drive the speakers but also allow for a crisper response. Now i know te chamber size wont be spec for running subs and thats not its intended purpose.... If u want low low end plan on har saddle bags and bigger class d amps and a larger stator basket and probably a cap and additinal battery. Once i can test this as i said worst case ill need to use pollyfill to trick the speakers that they are in a larger cabinet. Or the possibilty i could dow fire port tune the chamber but none of that makes this reproduceable in a affordable product because that would require me to suply each amp and speaker pair and tune them specifically for their proper ohm readings and frequency tune.
    Are you thinking maybe starting with 1 pound of polyfill to make it think the chamber is bigger? My guess is that the biggest bang for your hard earned $ probably is messing with the suffing. The concept of sealed is relative now that I am thinking about it, I think it is a loose term with 12 volt (cars) and even HT (home theater). The baffel (surface the speaker is mounted) is mostly to separate the front from the back of the speaker and then the tuning is with the box size and vent -- no vent here because that is a much bigger box and this is a motorcycle...no room for a big chamber so vented is out of the question. Bigger box lower Hz (no replacement for displacement). Infinite baffel systems (ones without a traditional enclosure) is what I was thinking of. I am actually messing around with a center channel speaker I am building for my home theater --it may be an infinite baffel I am not sure yet...fun to play around! My HT room is badass (tell me something different and I will cry).

Oh, I wonder if the cowl and under (the rear tire area)...you could put a chamber for a sub. Sealed 8" with 250watts maybe but darn that would be a rump shaker. Hehehehe. Oh I crack myself up. You could run a completely hidden 2.1 system and may actually sound pretty darn good! Better yet put it under a seat and watch her eyes pop . I would not want to do that to my wife. Too many jokes like that and I am probably on my last straw but I digress.

Making sound is controlling atmosphereic pressure and that is where the speed twists it all up. Then ther are space issues required for getting to the lower frequencies (stuff people like). Clearly a challange but fun to play "mess mess" with. As a reference point, I think the male voice range is 80hz-200hz. I wonder what Hz you may get to...just wondering maybe down to 100hz? Developing longer waves like that and controlling them is a PITA but as long as you like it -- nothing else matters. Just don't piss off the wife I suppose. I wish I could see it & hear it in person! Damn. Thanks for posting up though! Hope to see the finished product and get your thoughts for the trolls like myself!
    Last edited by AZDRAGON; 12-03-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: clean up the tecky jargon

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZDRAGON View Post
    Are you thinking maybe starting with 1 pound of polyfill to make it think the chamber is bigger? My guess is that the biggest bang for your hard earned $ probably is messing with the suffing. The concept of sealed is relative now that I am thinking about it, I think it is a loose term with 12 volt (cars) and even HT (home theater). The baffel (surface the speaker is mounted) is mostly to separate the front from the back of the speaker and then the tuning is with the box size and vent -- no vent here because that is a much bigger box and this is a motorcycle...no room for a big chamber so vented is out of the question. Bigger box lower Hz (no replacement for displacement). Infinite baffel systems (ones without a traditional enclosure) is what I was thinking of. I am actually messing around with a center channel speaker I am building for my home theater --it may be an infinite baffel I am not sure yet...fun to play around! My HT room is badass (tell me something different and I will cry).

Oh, I wonder if the cowl and under (the rear tire area)...you could put a chamber for a sub. Sealed 8" with 250watts maybe but darn that would be a rump shaker. Hehehehe. Oh I crack myself up. You could run a completely hidden 2.1 system and may actually sound pretty darn good! Better yet put it under a seat and watch her eyes pop . I would not want to do that to my wife. Too many jokes like that and I am probably on my last straw but I digress.

Making sound is controlling atmosphereic pressure and that is where the speed twists it all up. Then ther are space issues required for getting to the lower frequencies (stuff people like). Clearly a challange but fun to play "mess mess" with. As a reference point, I think the male voice range is 80hz-200hz. I wonder what Hz you may get to...just wondering maybe down to 100hz? Developing longer waves like that and controlling them is a PITA but as long as you like it -- nothing else matters. Just don't piss off the wife I suppose. I wish I could see it & hear it in person! Damn. Thanks for posting up though! Hope to see the finished product and get your thoughts for the trolls like myself!
    Glad your finally on board with the project and can see im not a total idiot. As far as a sub, i had thought about graphic a older busa bump cowl with the sub under it and putting a drivers backrest pad in to complete the look. But since i just bought a chopper conversion for the rear i guess thats out of the question. If u want to just vibrate the wife i can have my friends shop send u a vibe rider kit that works off your tachs rev position and pulses a motor under the foam in the seat. All the ladies love it... Heh but then what use are we? I bought my wife her own ride so i dont need to tote her.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Glad your finally on board with the project and can see im not a total idiot. As far as a sub, i had thought about graphic a older busa bump cowl with the sub under it and putting a drivers backrest pad in to complete the look. But since i just bought a chopper conversion for the rear i guess thats out of the question. If u want to just vibrate the wife i can have my friends shop send u a vibe rider kit that works off your tachs rev position and pulses a motor under the foam in the seat. All the ladies love it... Heh but then what use are we? I bought my wife her own ride so i dont need to tote her.
    Yea those are called Tactile Transducers...... They work as advertised. No sound they attempt to create the Hz below the hearing range that the body feels. Below 20hz for example. I have heard that below 10 hz people loose their SHIT literally. Body functions change and it is a mess. Okay your thread is officially jacked I apologize!

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZDRAGON View Post
    Yea those are called Tactile Transducers...... They work as advertised. No sound they attempt to create the Hz below the hearing range that the body feels. Below 20hz for example. I have heard that below 10 hz people loose their SHIT literally. Body functions change and it is a mess. Okay your thread is officially jacked I apologize!
    no what im talkign about actually is a vibrator not setup for workign with the audio.. just a fun toy for that special spot...

Hi. Looks awsome. Are the speakers weather/water proof? Or just normal?
    140 Metz, 260 Metz, Cobra Longshots, Cobra Fi2000, K&N filters, Blocked Pair valves, HID + LED kit, 2" lowered, Derby cover, mirrors etc.. Hopefully alot more to come

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by GODRA View Post
    Hi. Looks awsome. Are the speakers weather/water proof? Or just normal?
    My speakers are not water proof, although the position doesnt really allow for direct rain to hit them. To get waterproof speakers of the sound quality and size would have run around 600 verses the 250 for these. But these have been running on all three versions of my speaker mounts with no issues and have been rained on unfortunately from the other two mounts. Stil no issues. Wont matter for you guys as you would be buying only the narcell and enclosure parts from me and would need to choose your own speakers and amp. Otherwise u would laugh at how much the price point would need to be to put it all together the proper way for a motorcycle with water proof amps and speakers u might as well be buying rims.

True. I might have a look at a couple of marine speakers that are waterproof just so i can relax and not worry i its parked while its raining. The amp would already be inclosed by the headlight and if u wantrd to be really picky u could use silicone amd close the edges
    140 Metz, 260 Metz, Cobra Longshots, Cobra Fi2000, K&N filters, Blocked Pair valves, HID + LED kit, 2" lowered, Derby cover, mirrors etc.. Hopefully alot more to come

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by GODRA View Post
    True. I might have a look at a couple of marine speakers that are waterproof just so i can relax and not worry i its parked while its raining. The amp would already be inclosed by the headlight and if u wantrd to be really picky u could use silicone amd close the edges
    Well to be honest the enclosure should keep most speakers safe long as u arent using a paper cone, as well as the semi underslant of the speaker mounting itself. Either way long as u keep them 6.5 or under they should fit.

Ye I wouldnt go paper cone anyways, get ruined by water and itll turn yellow n crack from the UV sun rays, but Im just worried about the tweeters and te plastic that holds + surrounds them usually they sit in the middle of the speaker and usually theres just a little bit of foam around it stopping the dudt from going in to te magnet inside but my main concern in the water, if the water got in the magnet..... C ya later

I think you have a good idea and to be honest everyone knows space is in short supply on the nine. Just last night I finished up my sound system upgrade to my Victory Cross Country. The stock system was not bad at all, but not azz kickin so things had to change. I added two 6.5" Alpines, two 5.25" Aplines, one 8" Polk Audio marine grade sub and a 6 channel JL Audio amp. I've still got two 7.7" JL Audio speakers and a 4 channel JL amp to drop into the lids of my saddle bags. Here are a few picks of the project. I know it's not a nine but I still thought I'd share....

6.5" front
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006_zps24cb164f.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	78231
    5.25" rear

Name:	007_zpsb6b7e791.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	78232
    Front veiw

Name:	030_zps87134bd5.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	78233
    6 channel amp and 8" sub, I still need to clean up wires...

Name:	photo_zpsb601485b.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	78234
    All put back together

Name:	002_zps3891b45d.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	78235
    God Bless America

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDuke View Post
    I think you have a good idea and to be honest everyone knows space is in short supply on the nine. Just last night I finished up my sound system upgrade to my Victory Cross Country. The stock system was not bad at all, but not azz kickin so things had to change. I added two 6.5" Alpines, two 5.25" Aplines, one 8" Polk Audio marine grade sub and a 6 channel JL Audio amp. I've still got two 7.7" JL Audio speakers and a 4 channel JL amp to drop into the lids of my saddle bags. Here are a few picks of the project. I know it's not a nine but I still thought I'd share....

6.5" front

Name:	006_zps24cb164f.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	78231
    5.25" rear

Name:	007_zpsb6b7e791.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	78232
    Front veiw

Name:	030_zps87134bd5.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	78233
    6 channel amp and 8" sub, I still need to clean up wires...

Name:	photo_zpsb601485b.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	78234
    All put back together

Name:	002_zps3891b45d.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	78235
    Looking great.. I love the look of that cross country. But damn they are pricey with upgrades

Looking great.. I love the look of that cross country. But damn they are pricey with upgrades
    Thanks, they are a little pricey but it was just the next step for me. I'll always have good memories about my nine but I was always short on space. Now I carry whatever I need all neatly put away. I put 24,000 miles on her in 11 months and plan on many more.
    God Bless America

would really like a sound bite... maybe a smaller speaker..would not work for me due to my air horn....looks good bro...
    82nd AIRBORNE Division - Hooooah! Place your Knees in the Breeze and your Ass in the Blast!! Unleash the Beast!!! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    would really like a sound bite... maybe a smaller speaker..would not work for me due to my air horn....looks good bro...
    I will try and get a sound bite together and post soon.

Last edited by SgtDuke; 12-17-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    God Bless America

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Just requires u toove that, my stebel air horn is under my right panel above the chrome moon. And my aur ride compressor is behind the left rear chrome shaft access cover. So all the things fit if u plan strategically

[QUOTE=Sayonara;1713839]
    Quote Originally Posted by WineNine View Post
    When injad this just as the plate i could only run lower power to it but at that it ws clear with a full face around 80-90mph. Ill know more after my backs back together and can test the chambered version. Without a helmet my dumbo ears catch a bunch of wind but u can still make out the music. And of course if u run a windshield you will hear alot more. My group loves when i ride with them as no one uses headsets any longer when im around
    Looks Good!!

Very Active Member

For the record, im not making these. I made the one. Feel free to copy the design. It does work great and get lots of puzzled looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very impressive
    One who leads with no followers is merely taking a walk

MT VERNON, NY ( More than likely im on the bike, i could be anywhere )

and here i thought this was a sound system for a M109 , Duh stupid me
    You only live once so , dont talk about it, be about it !

Nice mod for someone wanting a stereo in a 9

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone else tried this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDuke View Post
    I will try and get a sound bite together and post soon.

WHO BLOCKED YOUR VIDEO? LOL