BATTERY

Thread: BATTERY

Angry BATTERY

Good Morning Guys,

I need help seems my battery finally decided to leave this world. I bought a gel pack battery couple years ago however I didn't ride the bike for almost 1year and the weather was deadly here in Chicago. Decided to purchase a battery charger from Lowell's and had the bike plug in for 48hours + now when I disconnect and try to start the bike I only get the high beam and gauges before dying completely. Is it time for a new battery ? or I can try somehow and bring this one back from the dead. Also can someone direct me where to buy one ? Should I go to the dealer?

thank you much !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
    Good Morning Guys,

I need help seems my battery finally decided to leave this world. I bought a gel pack battery couple years ago however I didn't ride the bike for almost 1year and the weather was deadly here in Chicago. Decided to purchase a battery charger from Lowell's and had the bike plug in for 48hours + now when I disconnect and try to start the bike I only get the high beam and gauges before dying completely. Is it time for a new battery ? or I can try somehow and bring this one back from the dead. Also can someone direct me where to buy one ? Should I go to the dealer?

thank you much !!!
    Here you go Lucian,

This is a very good AGM Battery in the link I’ve provided below. It has 230 CCAs, and it is an excellent replacement at the very best price I’ve even seen for the M109R. Take some time, and read up on the the information provided in the link, and I think you’ll realize that this is the Best Buy for a battery that you’re likely to find. By the way, it sounds evident that your current battery is absolutely toast. There’s nothing you can do to revive it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382109404724
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 06-04-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Here you Lucian,

This is a very good AGM Battery in the link I’ve provided below. It has 230 CCAs, and it is an excellent replacement at the very best price I’ve even seen for the M109R. Take some time, and read up on the the information provided in the link, and I think you’ll realize that this is the Best Buy for a battery that you’re likely to find. By the way, it sounds evident that your current battery is absolutely toast. There’s nothing you can do to revive it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382109404724
    Thank you so much for the fast response, however the price is really cheap should I try for a more expensive one ? the dealer quoted me something around 120+ and that's not a gel battery I used to have YUASA that supposed to last 3x longer then the regular one. im thinking around 50-70$ should be ok?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Thank you so much for the fast response, however the price is really cheap should I try for a more expensive one ? the dealer quoted me something around 120+ and that's not a gel battery I used to have YUASA that supposed to last 3x longer then the regular one. im thinking around 50-70$ should be ok?
    The first thing to learn as a bike owner is to stay away from purchasing items from the dealership, or having work performed by the dealership. They will ALWAYS gouge your pockets exponentially, because they have to cover the overhead cost of operating a business in a brick and mortar facility. In addition, most of the mechanics working at dealerships are not as good and knowledgeable as one would expect them to be. You would be making a foolish mistake to avoid buying that AGM battery for only$37.00, just to purchase a more expensive battery at almost 3 times the cost. The AGM batteries are one of the best batteries on the market, and this one at 230 CCAs, I believe exceeds the CCAs of the YUASA battery. I don’t understand why you would want to pay more for less. However, each of us have to make our own decisions. All I can do is share the information you asked for. The rest is up to you Bro.

Good luck with your decision. 😊👍

Lucian - Take a look at Judah's posts and time-on, and even posting history if necessary. I can say with confidence if Judah says it's a good deal on a good battery... then you can take that to the bank; he wouldn't risk his posting reputation with a bad referral.
    Last edited by NoSetFine; 06-04-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Lucian - Take a look at Judah's posts and time-on, and even posting history if necessary. I can say with confidence if Judah says it's a good deal on a good battery... then you can take that to the bank; he wouldn't risk his posting reputation with a bad referral.
    Thank you guys .. I will go ahead and buy the cheap one .. was not trying to go against Judah's advice just thought that more $$ will be better quality hahahha. And just noticed the battery is cheap because its discounted 57% so was a 90$ battery. I think I need more coffee.. Appreciate all the help given !!!
    Last edited by Lucian; 06-04-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Thank you NSF. I appreciate your kind words and support. I don’t have all the answers for every situation, but I definitely try to pass on information I feel strongly would be helpful to other members of this Forum. In the same manner, I have been helped by so many others on this Forum. This sharing of information is just one of the things that makes this Forum so awesome.

Thank you NSF. I appreciate your kind words and support. I don’t have all the answers for every situation, but I definitely try to pass on information I feel strongly would be helpful to other members of this Forum. In the same manner, I have been helped by so many others on this Forum. This sharing of information is just one of the things that makes this Forum so awesome.
    Alright all set and battery purchased, thank you again and sorry if that sound like a smart a**. Can I ask one more favor? I was thinking to change the cowl light to a blue light more like an AUDI style, is there anyone out there selling a kit or a bulb for that ?

Alright all set and battery purchased, thank you again and sorry if that sound like a smart a**. Can I ask one more favor? I was thinking to change the cowl light to a blue light more like an AUDI style, is there anyone out there selling a kit or a bulb for that ?
    For my part, not at all!! In fact, reading my reply, it now sounds like *I* was a bit heavy... haha, oops unintended.
    All good brah.

Geezuz that battery better work now.
    lol.

As for the headlight, you will quickly find the Cyclops is highly recommended here as an LED replacement. Not sure about the HID blue tint if that is important, but apparently a very bright white colour. I don't have it myself, I tried a Philips Ultinon.
    Here is the link to the Cyclops: https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.c...ulb_p_192.html

I didn’t perceive you as being that way at all Bro. I thought you were merely trying to get advice to help you make the best decision for yourself.

As as for the headlight bulb, there are a ton of H4 LED Bulbs for sale on eBay in the range of $25 to $40 for a set of two each. Some are so bright white that they have a bluish hew to them. I bought a set for my 08’ model 9 for about $34.00, and they are super bright, with a bluish hew to them. Just go to eBay and type in “Super Bright H4 LED Bulb For M109R” in the search, and you should see a ton of Bulbs to choose from.

I didn’t perceive you as being that way at all Bro. I thought you were merely trying to get advice to help you make the best decision for yourself.

As as for the headlight bulb, there are a ton of H4 LED Bulbs for sale on eBay in the range of $25 to $40 for a set of two each. Some are so bright white that they have a bluish hew to them. I bought a set for my 08’ model 9 for about $34.00, and they are super bright, with a bluish hew to them. Just go to eBay and type in “Super Bright H4 LED Bulb For M109R” in the search, and you should see a ton of Bulbs to choose from.
    Cant thank you enough to both ...

Cant thank you enough to both ...
    Hey Lucian, just a bit of advice...it’s smart to make a practice of putting your battery on a Battery Tender any/all the time when it is parked at your home...even a brand new battery. By doing that consistently, it will greatly extend the life of the battery.

Hey Lucian, just a bit of advice...it’s smart to make a practice of putting your battery on a Battery Tender any/all the time when it is parked at your home...even a brand new battery. By doing that consistently, it will greatly extend the life of the battery.
    I agree with Judah on this one. I plug mine into a Battery Tender every time I park it...whether it's for a few days, few weeks, or the couple of months during summer when I don't ride because of the heat in AZ. I'm still on my original battery from 2014.

I have a plug for the Battery Tender routed from my battery to just below my ignition key on the left side. Basically I turn it off and immediately plug it in. No need to remove my seat to hook up the Battery Tender.

PS- Judah, I've known you on here and in groups on Facebook long enough, your advice is always good, and always worth following. Cheers, brother!!!

Taz
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M109r
    ----------------------------------
    Taz
    ----------------------------------
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Quote Originally Posted by Tazdvl View Post
    I agree with Judah on this one. I plug mine into a Battery Tender every time I park it...whether it's for a few days, few weeks, or the couple of months during summer when I don't ride because of the heat in AZ. I'm still on my original battery from 2014.

I have a plug for the Battery Tender routed from my battery to just below my ignition key on the left side. Basically I turn it off and immediately plug it in. No need to remove my seat to hook up the Battery Tender.

PS- Judah, I've known you on here and in groups on Facebook long enough, your advice is always good, and always worth following. Cheers, brother!!!

Taz
    Thank you Taz. I try to help whenever I can. I truly appreciate your support and words of encouragement. To be honest with you, I had to learn to consistently use a Battery Tender the hard way. I got tired of buying batteries so frequently, so I resorted to putting my bikes on the juice consistently. My garage looks like a hospital room with 3 patience simultaneously receiving IVs.😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Tazdvl View Post

Taz

Hey, hey .. thank you for calling me back !!! I will keep the battery tender I got from Lowell's as it was only 25 bucks !! ..

Agreed! Always ready to go. Longer longevity from the battery. I put one on my M90 after my battery failed in the middle of nowhere and had to buy a new one. Unfortunately the bike was written off so I'm not sure what I would have got out of the battery but it was going strung after 3 years. I picked up a new M109 in January. It went on the maintainer from the day it was trailered home and whenever I'm not riding. This is the one that I use:

https://tecmate.com/products/optimate4dp/

Some friends love to borrow it to "revive" their older batteries that have been sitting for awhile. It seems to work pretty darn good!

My 2006 Nine is on it's fourth battery in 13 years. First one, the original lasted six years, that was first new battery in 2012. Second came in 2014. Third came in 2016. Fourth came in 2018. All batteries were original equipment type. Odd how the original lasted six years, yet the first two new ones only made two years. As of now, I also plug mine into a battery tender whenever it's in the garage. So, we'll see if that helps. My bike does sit unused from some time in November til whenever it starts to get warm. Most winters, I can usually get a ride or three in, usually starting in February.

Funny my B-King has one of them new-fangled Lithium Ion batteries. It's sat all winter the two years I've owned it. Starts right up with no muss or fuss when it starts getting warm. And that has been in the bike since 2012 or 13, according to the original owner. It's a Ballistic lithium battery. Much smaller and lighter than the orignal, but the cost
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Thanks for the info. ordering the battery now
    One who leads with no followers is merely taking a walk