Moving to Cali

Thread: Moving to Cali

Default Moving to Cali

Hi all,

Need some advice from the locals :) My job is transferring me to Foster City from Melbourne, Australia, and I'm too fond of my 9 and the work I've put on her to part ways. I've read that I can import my 9 to CA provided I can get a manufacturer's letter of compliance for emissions.

Don't know if this is accurate or not, or how to obtain it, but if anyone has any tips, I'd be happy to have 'em!

TIA!
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup..

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BulletProof View Post
    Hi all,

Need some advice from the locals :) My job is transferring me to Foster City from Melbourne, Australia, and I'm too fond of my 9 and the work I've put on her to part ways. I've read that I can import my 9 to CA provided I can get a manufacturer's letter of compliance for emissions.

Don't know if this is accurate or not, or how to obtain it, but if anyone has any tips, I'd be happy to have 'em!

TIA!
    PM snow blind.

He has been involved in this. You may need to source a Canada speedo which should have Klms/Miles. Aust bikes have the same pollution gear so it will be ok that way.
    With the exchange rate the way it is, you should be able to take your bike back to stock and still sell it for more than a new 9 in the US....
    ALLOT less headaches...
    Last edited by BamBam; 09-15-2012 at 08:09 AM.
    __________________Halo's... Inner light... I'm not that kind of Angel ______________________