M109 Rider Forums banner

Hells Canyon motorcycle rally 2013!

12K views 66 replies 9 participants last post by  Viper-22 
#1 ·
I've done this ride in years past and it's a great ride. The only problem is that it was always held on the 1st week of June and usually rained. Well they decided to change it to July this next year. So here goes.... I know this is a little far in advance but the sooner you know the more time you have to prepare. You can call the local Best Western and Super 8 motels now and get on a call back list for these dates. First come first serve and if you decide you want to skip when they call back no charge no foul. You could also camp if you want. Here's the website for the rally. http://www.hellscanyonrally.com/ Also some images of the road that goes along the snake river.

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like a sweet rally, and definitely close to me! Will be putting this one on the calendar.

#5 ·
Definitely a possibility. I would love to check out some roads that direction!

#13 ·
Totaled my bike back in September, but I am working hard to get a new bike by this spring. If I can manage it I will be there!

#20 ·
Me too. Are we super-slabbing there and back or doing something more scenic?

#25 ·
That stretch from Prineville to Baker is all new road to me. Looks like fun!:bigthumbsup:

#27 ·
Where is the gas stop along that stretch?

#28 · (Edited)
There's a gas station about half way between Prineville and Seneca. It's the only thing out there all by itself. As we get a week out I'll be calling to make sure their still open but they've been there as long as I've been alive and I don't foresee them closing any time soon. Type in "Paulina, Or." in a google search and you'll see our gas stop. It's right next to a post office. Also, I've decided to stay until Monday. That way I can get a little R&R on Sunday. Here is my proposed ride home from Baker City. These are all great roads but the little stretch between Fossil & Antelope is worth a whole days ride.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...l=45.625563,-122.371216&spn=0.989199,1.755066

#32 ·
Anyone hear back from Best Western yet?

#36 ·
Me thinks I'll be going through another set of lean angle sensors. I still haven't replaced the set I ground smooth on our last ride. It's been too stinking cold in the garage to do anything lately. I was going to order gman's titaniums but maybe they aren't the best idea for eastern Oregon? I'd hate to set anything ablaze. Half a lifetime ago, I spent a week outside of Enterprise hiking up and down that damned canyon cutting line. Fighting fire in the middle of summer in that terrain sucks big time.

#38 ·
I called best western and they said they were all booked. So now I'm doing a little angry customer persuasion with the management. Hope to get a room there since there's an in house bar and restaurant. Just thought I'd give a heads up on the situation. There are still rooms available @ other places but I'm trying for the BW.

#39 ·
Best Western called me and asked if I wanted to stay on the call list for the rally. Told them yes. Nothing comes up in the area now on the hotel sites.

#40 ·
Just got word that the road between prineville and baker has been repaved! I did this road about 7 years back and it had a few big pot holes here and there but word is its pristine now! I'm even more excited for this run than I have been for the last few months!!!!!!!! Bring on the rally!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.