M109 Rider Forums banner

Colorado speeding ticket on a Texas license

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  triggerman1961 
#1 ·
So the wife was visiting a month ago and got a speeding ticket here in CO on her TX license. She has since moved up here and has her day in court in another week. She hasn't yet converted to a CO license. I think she was going around 20 over.
So what's the deal here in CO, is there a defensive driver class she can take to have it dropped? Should she hire a lawyer to get it reduced? Should she just pay the fine then convert to a CO license and hope that the transfer of points don't manage to go to TX then CO while she converts her license?

Thanks for the advice.

#2 ·
So the wife was visiting a month ago and got a speeding ticket here in CO on her TX license. She has since moved up here and has her day in court in another week. She hasn't yet converted to a CO license. I think she was going around 20 over.
So what's the deal here in CO, is there a defensive driver class she can take to have it dropped? Should she hire a lawyer to get it reduced? Should she just pay the fine then convert to a CO license and hope that the transfer of points don't manage to go to TX then CO while she converts her license?

Thanks for the advice.
No.

She does not need a lawyer to get it reduced, but it will help if her record is not clean

you will have to look into that more, I have no clue there

How much over? Colorado sucks; she will pay a $50 court charge, $20 BS fee, a $20 crossing guard charge on top of a $10 per mile over.
IF her record is clean, she can get the points and the initial charge reduced but will still pay the costs.

#3 ·
Wow, no chance of "first time offense" break? It worked for me, but I'm in MA. I hadn't been stopped in close to 20 years, was caught on radar 20 over and asked the magistrate to consider my record. It worked. No lies, or stories, just straight out asked. Now, you need a decent driving record, or you can forget that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.